PDA

View Full Version : Paola Suarez beats Tatiana Terebiynis 6-3, 6-3

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 02:39 PM
...to reach the fourth round. She'll face the winner of the Zheng/Garbin match. Poala is having a good tournament so far. Does anyone know the farthest she's been in a slam?

esquímaux
May 28th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Paola! :hearts:

SpikeyAidanm
May 28th, 2004, 02:42 PM
...to reach the fourth round. She'll face the winner of Zheng/Garbin match. Poala is having a good tournament so far. Does anyone know the farthest she's been in a slam?

She made the QF at RG in 02 ;) :)

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 02:45 PM
She made the QF at RG in 02 ;) :)

thanks. she has a good chance of matching that record and possibly going even further.

Bероника
May 28th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Way to go,Paola!!!

Libertango
May 28th, 2004, 03:20 PM
:bounce: Way to go Paola!!!! She's been playing so well the last year, and now the draw has opened up for her a bit! I remember when she did reach the QF at RG in 02, and she really should have beaten Clarisa Fernandez (remember her?!?!) but lost 2-6 7-6 6-1....hopefully this year she can do even better!! :yeah:

Anna F'd Enrique
May 28th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Suarez made QF of US Open last year also

Chance
May 28th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Well done Paola!
next up Garbin or Zheng

GermanBoy
May 28th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Go Paola! :bounce: Beat whoever is the next opponent and then Weingärtner or Sharapova... :devil:

AleOrtu
May 28th, 2004, 07:01 PM
She was serving 5-0 in firts set, and also 5-2.
She lost in QF (Roland Garros 2002) to Clarisa Fernandez :kiss:

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 07:25 PM
...to reach the fourth round. She'll face the winner of the Zheng/Garbin match. Poala is having a good tournament so far. Does anyone know the farthest she's been in a slam?

Is that a joke? :eek:

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Is that a joke? :eek:

Sorry?

Scotso
May 28th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Vamos Paola :D

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Sorry?

Suarez is a top player. I assumed that all people around here follow tennis closely and would know the answer, but apparently it's not so :shrug:

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Suarez is a top player. I assumed that all people around here follow tennis closely and would know the answer, but apparently it's not so :shrug:

Suarez a top player? I think she's a good player but isn't her 'top player' status a recent (ie last 12 months) acquirement? I don't think she was top 20 when she reached the quarters in 2002 (but I could be wrong of course). Sorry, I just don't have a photographic memory when it comes to player's slam records. I can't tell you who has gone the farthest in what slam during what year at the drop of a hat. If you can, great! ;) :wavey:

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Suarez a top player? I think she's a good player but isn't her 'top player' status a recent (ie last 12 months) acquirement? I don't think she was top 20 when she reached the quarters in 2002 (but I could be wrong of course). Sorry, I just don't have a photographic memory when it comes to player's slam records. I can't tell you who has gone the farthest in what slam during what year at the drop of a hat. If you can, great! ;) :wavey:

Sorry :confused:

Didn't mean to offend anyone, though :wavey: I thought Suarez was really popular

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Sorry :confused:

Didn't mean to offend anyone, though :wavey: I thought Suarez was really popular

no, no, WorldWar24, i am not really offended. i probably just don't know my tennis stats as well as other people. :tape:

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 08:14 PM
i apologise for my sarcastic tone. hope i didn't offend you either! he he.

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 08:21 PM
i apologise for my sarcastic tone. hope i didn't offend you either! he he.

I'm not offended :wavey:

I just don't get this board coz we are supposed to talk about tennis, but instead people waste time on sarcasm. My advice to you: go study Suarez's career instead of "sarcasming" ;)

LiliaLee-Frazier
May 28th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Congrats paula! Looks like she may make the QTRS :D :bounce: :bounce: :kiss:

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I'm not offended :wavey:

I just don't get this board coz we are supposed to talk about tennis, but instead people waste time on sarcasm. My advice to you: go study Suarez's career instead of "sarcasming" ;)

OK, I will go away and study Suarez's career ASAP!! Do I have to do a test afterwards? :tape: (To be honest, until the last 12 months, I knew much more of her doubles career than her singles career. But I am paying attention to both now.)

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 08:27 PM
OK, I will go away and study Suarez's career ASAP!! Do I have to do a test afterwards? :tape:

I don't think you deserve my attention

LiliaLee-Frazier
May 28th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Suarez a top player? I think she's a good player but isn't her 'top player' status a recent (ie last 12 months) acquirement? I don't think she was top 20 when she reached the quarters in 2002 (but I could be wrong of course). Sorry, I just don't have a photographic memory when it comes to player's slam records. I can't tell you who has gone the farthest in what slam during what year at the drop of a hat. If you can, great! ;) :wavey: Well..we are talking about NOW..not 2002..so..yes..Paula is a TOP player. She will beeven more of a top player after this French Open run :wavey:

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 08:30 PM
I don't think you deserve my attention

Oh my goodness, where is your sense of humour? I thought we were engaged in good-natured badgering?? Why do we have to so serious all the time?

My goodness, sorry and good bye.

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Well..we are talking about NOW..not 2002..so..yes..Paula is a TOP player. She will beeven more of a top player after this French Open run :wavey:

yes, i know she is a top player now (that was my point) but i don't think it's a crime not to know that she reached the quarters of the french 2 years ago. i was just asking a Q when i started this thread.

Sharapova's_Boy
May 29th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Tati :sad: :crying2:

LucasArg
May 29th, 2004, 07:57 AM
I hope she reaches the semis! This could put her in the top 10 I think!

GO PAOLA!!! :wavey:

SpikeyAidanm
May 29th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Interestingly she was ranked 50 after the French Open last year :eek:

Daniel
May 29th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Well done Paola :D