PDA

View Full Version : Does Irvin stand a chance against Lindsay?

Paneru
May 28th, 2004, 12:15 PM
I know Lindsay's best surface isn't clay but,
she's got game to beat anyone on any surface.

Marissa beat Dinara( :fiery: ),
could she win against Lindsay?

I've never seen her play,
how's her game?

!<blocparty>!
May 28th, 2004, 12:20 PM
LOL, 100% of ppl think Lindsay so far!!

Umm, she has no chance of beating Lindsay IMHO.

per4ever
May 28th, 2004, 12:24 PM
of course she can... but if she will, that's another question, her chances are very small.

Jem
May 28th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Irvin has played Davenport close in the past, and she's been playing well as of late, seeming to emerge from the funk that derailed what I thought would be a solid career. This is a great opportunity, and I'm picking Irvin to win this one. She'll need a few breaks to go her way, of course, and it may come down to which women becomes to the first to be afflicated with their hangdog depression!

Paneru
May 28th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Irvin has played Davenport close in the past, and she's been playing well as of late, seeming to emerge from the funk that derailed what I thought would be a solid career. This is a great opportunity, and I'm picking Irvin to win this one. She'll need a few breaks to go her way, of course, and it may come down to which women becomes to the first to be afflicated with their hangdog depression!

What are the best qualities of her game?

Kelly
May 28th, 2004, 12:38 PM
well as a lindsay fan i always expect the unexpected.
i mean who would of thought claudine schaul would beat lindsay in the final of strassebourg!!

gooooo lindsayyyyy!!!!!!

Jem
May 28th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Just a strong all court game. Good serve, good strokes off both sides and ability to move forward, plus good movement. Obviously not good enough today, however. Hats off to Lindsey and good for Irvin for repeating her third-round showing from last year, this time as a qualifier. Hope she can consolidate on her good play this time around!