PDA

View Full Version : Weingärtner Pummels Petrova 6-3 6-2

GoDominique
May 28th, 2004, 10:23 AM
SMART performance Marlene. Nadia was absolutely hopeless.

Gowza
May 28th, 2004, 10:25 AM
very surprising although i still remember weingartner taking out capriati at AO a couple of years ago in round 1 as the defending champ.

did anyone see this match? was nadia playing poorly? how was weingartner playing? was weingartner causing nadia to play poorly?

GermanBoy
:mad:

I could.... :rolleyes:

SpikeyAidanm
Marlene keeps her "dangeorus floater" status in slams.

She was 6-4, *4-1 down vs Camerin too...

Great win Weini ;) :D :yeah:

Vass22
Shit! Nadia!
I hope Zvonareva wins her match because I can't picture Sharapova challenging Weingartner and Saurez.

lolas
She was simply great. That's all I have to say...Gut gemacht Marlene! Well done!:woohoo:

BK4ever
May 28th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Marly was brilliant, if only we could see this Marly even half of the year ;)

she completely outplayed Nadia...she never allowed Nadia to get going...she put the stanglehold on early and stay pretty consistent thru out...

Marly :bounce: :woohoo:

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Hmmm....so this almost insures that Serena stays in the top 10....wow, Nadia?! Since the French last year, results haven´t been all that at the slams..

GoDominique
May 28th, 2004, 10:29 AM
very surprising although i still remember weingartner taking out capriati at AO a couple of years ago in round 1 as the defending champ.

did anyone see this match? was nadia playing poorly? how was weingartner playing? was weingartner causing nadia to play poorly?
Nadia played very poorly, but Marlene's game had a lot to do with it.
She mixed it up well, mostly played loopy shots to Nadia's backhand, and Nadia couldn't do anything with them.
Also drop-shots, lobs, and many nice winners.

Chance
May 28th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Eurosport has renamed Marlene- Monica

LENGLEN: THERE IT IS! The number eight seed is out! She's had an absolute nightmare and Monica Weingartner took full advantage. She takes her place in the last sixteen, where she will face the winner of the Shrapova-Zvonareva battle over on Chatrier

Nadia :(
You got to find a way to win when you are not playing your best.

Congratulations Marlene
This year's FO is wide open!

Dava
May 28th, 2004, 10:30 AM
I think Nadya must have been ill, she looked like she was on abother planet, and was playing some terrible shots, and moved with the grace of a beached whale.

Tennisfan-Mtl
May 28th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Marlene :eek: :eek: :eek: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The Crow
May 28th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Pummels? :lol:

Cilla
May 28th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Marlene played very well. Nadia's performance however...the less said about that the better :tape:

sartrista7
May 28th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Whatever, Nadia :whatever:

Marly can be spectacular at her best, though... a pity that her one great match per year had to come against Nadia :mad:

Libertango
May 28th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Marlene played very well and totally deserved to win. She was very smart, and I could tell from pretty early on that this could be easy for her.

Nadia was absolutely terrible, and to me looked not 100% fit, almost like she had a virus or something. Her face definitely looked a little puffy to me....or maybe, she just wasn't having a good day, her movement was terrible :sad:

Congrats to Marlene though :)

HectorMagnus
May 28th, 2004, 11:29 AM
I'm glad that Marlene isn't in Cappy's draw..... :angel: Yulia B. was enough.... ;)

Very moody player, unpredictable, anyway congrats, that's a great result :yeah:

Declan
May 28th, 2004, 11:33 AM
I saw Petrova thrash Weingartner 6-0 6-0 in Toronto last summer: the worst beating I've ever seen. Revenge must be sweet!

azza
May 28th, 2004, 11:37 AM
:eek: :eek: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 11:39 AM
I saw Petrova thrash Weingartner 6-0 6-0 in Toronto last summer: the worst beating I've ever seen. Revenge must be sweet!

Tjaaa..story of Nadia´s love. Great one day, horrible the next...

GermanBoy
May 28th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Now I really don`t understand Petrova... :eek: :rolleyes:

Chriskip
May 28th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Nadia needs to ease off a little on the doubles play.

I think it eventually did not benefit Kim in the end to play so many doubles last year, and the same may be happening to Petrova.

Daniel
May 28th, 2004, 11:51 AM
fucking hell, so sad for Nadya, all the time i think she is doing well she goes down :sad:

Spunky83
May 28th, 2004, 11:51 AM
I can´t believe that a female german player reached the fourth round of a grand slam, I have to make a big fat mark into my calender! Way to go Monica...uhh...Marlene. JETZT ABER!!!

Should be an interesting match against Maria.

cometz9
May 28th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Nadia :sad: but congrats to Marlene :bigclap: I can't believe what's been happening so far at RG :eek: Its actually even better than this year AO.

tennisIlove09
May 28th, 2004, 11:58 AM
bye bye ranking :wavey:

lolas
May 28th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I can´t believe that a female german player reached the fourth round of a grand slam, I have to make a big fat mark into my calender! Way to go Monica...uhh...Marlene. JETZT ABER!!!

Should be an interesting match against Maria.
Yeah, it seems unbelievable to me too. And it gives me some satisfaction that it isn't one of the "great" male german players(Schüttler,Haas,Kiefer) who is surprising the german public but a female player. Finally women's tennis gets some respect.

Spunky83
May 28th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah, it seems unbelievable to me too. And it gives me some satisfaction that it isn't one of the "great" male german players(Schüttler,Haas,Kiefer) who is surprising the german public but a female player. Finally women's tennis gets some respect.

Well, hopefully...the habitus of tennis is sooo bad in germany right now, it´s incredible. I bet, if you go out on the streets and ask 100 persons for naming the WTA and ATP no. 1s, you will definetly find not more than 10 persons who can answer the question (and even that number is possibly an exaggeration)...

A friend just asked me a few weeks ago if Martina Hingis played Berlin :rolleyes:. Then another time in a quizshow, there was the question: "Tennis: Which name do Serena and Venus share?"...she couln´t answer that (first!) question by herself, so that the host had to remind her at the name of a popular british singer :sad:

Beat
May 28th, 2004, 12:13 PM
i know it's easy to say this now, but i knew this would happen...

Jem
May 28th, 2004, 12:29 PM
So come on, did no one really expect this result? Petrova is wonderfully talented, but she's not the most mentally strong player out there. Given all that pressure of defending her French Open result from last year, you had to figure she would crack under it. I did. It will be interesting to see how she holds up now that she's defending rather than pursuing good results!

The Crow
May 28th, 2004, 12:31 PM
So come on, did no one really expect this result?
Beat expected it. Or so he says :p

Jodie
May 28th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Pummels? :lol:

Hé pummel! :haha:

Well done Marly!! :hug:

Sharapova's_Boy
May 28th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Ugh Nadya :sad: :crying2:

Task
May 28th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Congratulations Marlene :) :) :) :)

treufreund
May 28th, 2004, 01:31 PM
this is VERY GOOD NEWS!!! I love Marlene and don't really care too much for Petrova's game! (tho she seems nice as a person)

Jakeev
May 28th, 2004, 01:51 PM
You know I really like Nadia. She is a sweet girl and is fun to watch. But people talk about Maria Sharapova being overhyped?

The girl definitely better step her game up if she wants to stay in the top ten. I mean come one she loses to one of streakiest players on tour in Marlene Weingartner.

At this point I just don't think Nadia deserves her top-ton status and more than likely will be out of the top ten by tournament's end.

silverwhite
May 28th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Nadia :o

So Serena is the only semi-finalist from last year left? What a FO this is turning out to be...

Nemesis
May 28th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Nadia :( (and Vera :( ) The first quarter is really bombed ... Sharapova can even reach the finals now ...

sartrista7
May 28th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Tjaaa..story of Nadia´s love. Great one day, horrible the next...

My god, bandabou is actually spot on.

I'd never, ever bet on any Nadia match. She can beat anyone in the world - including the very top players - if her game is on and she stays mentally strong. And if she is not on, she could probably lose to Nancy Loeffler-Caro :rolleyes:

RobM88
May 28th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't see any of this match, but seeing this scoreline at the bottom of the screen when I woke up has already made my day start out great!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now I see Marly is up 6-1 in doubles (with Jill Craybas) against Hantuchova and Safina... wow it's great to see her playing so well. Best of luck against Sharapova!

sarza
May 28th, 2004, 03:26 PM
OH MAN IM SO HAPPY WELL DONE MARLY U WERE GREAT OUT THERE :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

lolas
May 28th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I just saw a interview with her on german television. She was very cute I think. She smiled a lot

sarza
May 28th, 2004, 03:27 PM
ahhh shes so lovely :)

RobM88
May 28th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Weingartner / Craybas def. Hantuchova/Safina 6-1 6-2 !!!

Another stellar performance! :)

sarza
May 28th, 2004, 05:17 PM
good day for marly i think :) well done :bounce:

CooCooCachoo
May 28th, 2004, 05:22 PM
This opens every door for Paola :) Woo!

CooCooCachoo
May 28th, 2004, 05:24 PM
And of course congratulations to Marlene.. Great player, great personality, great win! :D