PDA

View Full Version : Serena Responds: May 2004

tennisIlove09
May 28th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Q: Dear Serena, many fans would be honored to come in personal contact with you. From a fans perspective, it would be a once in a lifetime chance to actually meet and talk to you personally. For the sake of your privacy, would you please advise your fans on what you consider to be the most appropriate and least appropriate situations to approach you in public? This question is very important to a great many of your fans. Thanks, Estella

A: Estella, many times when I am playing some of the tournaments in America I hang out around the local eateries… I am very friendly you can come up to me if you are friendly…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Hey Serena, I recently seen you on Law & Order: SUV, i thought you were really good. If you were given the chance to have your own television series, would it be a comedy, drama, reality program or other? John Gould

A: John, many thanks for watching me on Law and Order SVU. I was so excited to get the gig. If I were to do a TV show, I think it would be a mixture between comedy and drama, as I love both. As for a reality show I would do it on something in my life…

Q: Serena, my question to you is do you think you and Venus should have separate coaches other than your dad? Also, the WTA needs to have screens on the court like they do at the gateway tournament for the men so that yall can question at least four calls a set becuz' if you guys see what we see on TV you are right 99% of the time!! Sorry so long but you guys are the reason I became a tennis fan!! You and Venus get back atop of tennis and show the Belgians that was just a fling..USA!!! Demetrius

A: Hey Demetrious, I would never want to work with any other coaches besides my Dad and Mom. I am glad to hear that my sis and I influence you to watch tennis. That’s KOOL!

Q: First I want to say much love and even more success in your endeavours. I actually got to play with you years ago at a clinic in Forte Greene Park in Brooklyn which was great. My question is motivation, I know with injuries and other interests in life such as fashion, acting and family, it must be hard to keep focused playing match after match in different countries sometimes without family around. How do you do it? Hakeem

A: Hakeem, I always have been blessed to have some family around whenever I travel. I actually keep myself interested by doing all the other things you mentioned. If it were just tennis, tennis, tennis, I would get bored!

Q: I'm a big fan of yours and also Brandy. How did you to meet? Also you were great on Street Time, when tennis is over will you try more acting? TV could use more beautiful black women. Steve

A: Steve, I have known Brandy for years. I don’t even remember when how we met. It’s been years. I am definitely going to try to do more acting, as I love it and I can't wait!!!

Q: Serena, first and foremost, I am absolutely thrilled at the impact that you and Venus are having not only on the tennis world, but on the world in general. I have two questions actually. First, what is your motivation going into the 2004 season? Secondly, do you think that you will regain the #1 ranking and will Venus also move up in the ranks this upcoming season? Ryan H.

A: Ryan, of course I think I will be back to # 1. That is what I think every great athlete tries to do - get to the top of their respective sport.. I love being #1 and I would love too be there again!

Q: What are the reasons you choose tennis instead of any other sport? What did you want to be when you were a kid? Whitney Inglsbee

A: Whitney, I choose tennis when I was a kid because it was something that my dad was interested in. I was always around tennis, and I began to love it myself. I loved to play, and eventually decided that I would like to go pro. I also always wanted to be an actress. I loved playing things out. ALWAYS.

Q: First Serena I love everything about you and try to watch all of your matches. My question is how hungry do you feel to reclaim your #1 ranking now that you are back on the court? Jamayan

A: Jamayan, Thanks! I am so hungry to be on top of the game again. I work hard and try to do all of the things that are needed to get there. It is a tough price to pay and I try to pay it!

Q: Dear Serena, I think you are the most awesome tennis player!!!!! I'm doing a project for school about you! Here's my question: What has changed about your lifestyle when you turned pro in tennis? ROCK ON!!!!!!!! Jenni Butchart

A: Jenni, my lifestyle has changed a lot. I have a lot more responsibilities, as well as a different lifestyle. Things have been fun, as well as stressful. Lets just say I have been able to travel all over the world and stay in the finest hotels but I still get the most enjoyment from doing clinics for kids. I have fun.

Q: Dear Serena, my name is Jonathan Williams and I am a senior and school president at Albany High School in Albany Georgia.I am a big fan of tennis. Getting straight to the point, if you aren't busy on April 17, 2004 would you do me the honor of being my date to the prom? Jon-Jon

A: Jon, I am flattered that you would ask me to the prom - hope it was fun! Besides, I am very busy:-) Serena

Q: Serena, hope all is well. Anyway burning question, the heart diamond (I think) necklace that u where around ur neck during match play was missing during the french open 2003...i am not superstitious, but all of ur previous wins u wore the necklace...where was it if it is not too intrusive of a question? I noticed it returned at Wimbledon (Champion again)...if we were buds I would have called u up during the match (yeah likely but good for email writing conversation) and said girl where is that necklace at.. put it on:). Just a loose theory, not at all equated with ur undeniable gifts and talents. Peace and blessins, Fel

A: Hey Fel, I am surprised that you noticed the heart necklace that I always wear around my neck. When I forgot to wear it at the 2003 French Open I was disappointed. I am also a very superstitious person. In the back of my mind I was thinking that I really need the necklace. I realized that the necklace really has nothing to do with me winning or losing-- although I won Wimbledon with it on. All in all, I decided to let it go. Actually, I lost it. Can't find it anywhere. But you will be happy to know that I have a new good luck charm. You will have to be on the lookout for it…

Thanks for all the great questions, keep them coming. Serena

tennisIlove09
May 28th, 2004, 06:34 AM
From www.SerenaWilliams.com (http://www.SerenaWilliams.com)

vs1
May 28th, 2004, 07:02 AM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Is there a girl more beautiful?! I imagine not. :hearts:

Mattographer
May 28th, 2004, 07:13 AM
LOL @ the prom ;)

hingis-seles
May 28th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Thanks. :D

LucasArg
May 28th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Very nice! :)

Stefwhit
May 28th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Nice read... How does one go about submitting questions for Serena?? I'd love to get in a question or two.

dreamgoddess099
May 28th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Nice read... How does one go about submitting questions for Serena?? I'd love to get in a question or two.
Well you go to the Serenawilliams.com website and register. login and click on Talk to Serena.

"Sluggy"
May 28th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Serena seems very friendly. When i saw her on friday before the tournament she was receptive to fans. they wished her good luck and gave us a beautiful smile.