PDA

View Full Version : Now I see why Serena was booed

croat123
May 28th, 2004, 12:59 AM
She constantly pumped her fist and screamed "yes" when kirilenko made and unforced error. look at the last few games...

- L i n a -
May 28th, 2004, 01:01 AM
ALLEZ! C'MON!

k

Knizzle
May 28th, 2004, 01:03 AM
She constantly pumped her fist and screamed "yes" when kirilenko made and unforced error. look at the last few games... :eek: What an evil witch she is for celebrating the win of a point in a tight match??

Dawn Marie
May 28th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Serena beat the living hell out of Momo here last year. Serena is a 6 grandslam holder.. and counting. Serena is the one to beat.

this is why IMHO the crowd booed her.

The FRENCH PEOPLE see SERENA AS A THREAT. As well they should.:):)

- L i n a -
May 28th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Serena beat the living hell out of Momo here last year. Serena is a 6 grandslam holder.. and counting. Serena is the one to beat.

Holy crap... you actually made sense.

Martian KC
May 28th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Alert the government!:eek:

Dawn Marie
May 28th, 2004, 01:22 AM
I am the government. you tool. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Dawn Marie
May 28th, 2004, 01:23 AM
LINA, go to your LOCATION STAT! go to your location stat!

GoDominique
May 28th, 2004, 01:29 AM
I hardly heard boos. Maybe I'm deaf.

Dawn Marie
May 28th, 2004, 01:35 AM
or maybe you only hear what you want to hear.

GoDominique
May 28th, 2004, 01:39 AM
or maybe you only hear what you want to hear.
Maybe. Or, I didn't try TOO hard to hear boos, and also recognized the cheering towards Serena.

Martian KC
May 28th, 2004, 01:40 AM
I am the government. you tool. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

What a sad little world that would be. :o

fried_beans
May 28th, 2004, 01:46 AM
It's called competitive spirit. Winning a point is winning a point, doesn't matter how you win it. Most of those points were pretty long anyways after Serena did a lot of running.

Sam L
May 28th, 2004, 01:49 AM
She's very annoying that's why.

Black Mamba.
May 28th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Champions aren't liked they are respected, but it seems to me that the fans don't even do that.

- L i n a -
May 28th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Champions aren't liked they are respected, but it seems to me that the fans don't even do that.
I guess we've never heard of cheering for the underdog.

Black Mamba.
May 28th, 2004, 01:58 AM
^
Cheering for the underdog is one thing, but showing little to no class in doing so is another.

- L i n a -
May 28th, 2004, 02:00 AM
^
Cheering for the underdog is one thing, but showing little to no class in doing so is another.
I agree that the French people may go a little overboard with it... but it's only natural to cheer against the "unbeatable" force.

And, my post of ALLEZ! C'MON! was to prove that the fans don't hate Serena for pumping her fist when her opponent makes errors. They cheer Justine. :p

Crazy Canuck
May 28th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Um... I'm having a hard time picking out which post in this thread made me laugh hardest :confused:

Black Mamba.
May 28th, 2004, 02:03 AM
I agree that the French people may go a little overboard with it... but it's only natural to cheer against the "unbeatable" force.

And, my post of ALLEZ! C'MON! was to prove that the fans don't hate Serena for pumping her fist when her opponent makes errors. They cheer Justine. :p

No, I just want to know what Allez means. It has been bothering me for a long time.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 28th, 2004, 02:04 AM
I love the boos, because (as Dawn Marie stated) they prove that Serena is a threat to their favorites.

SelesFan70
May 28th, 2004, 02:05 AM
^

They're French and you're suprised they are classless? :shrug: :angel:

Black Mamba.
May 28th, 2004, 02:06 AM
No not really.

Crazy Canuck
May 28th, 2004, 02:08 AM
The American crowd can be equally obnoxious. As can the Spanish. As can the Italians. As can any crowd of people from any nation under the right circumstances.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Kabibi
May 28th, 2004, 02:09 AM
No, I just want to know what Allez means. It has been bothering me for a long time.
Allez=Go.

Black Mamba.
May 28th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Allez=Go.

Thank You, so when Justine says Allez is she saying go or lets go?

WtaTour4Ever
May 28th, 2004, 02:13 AM
I thought allez was Come On!!! Or maybe I'm just thinking of Lleyton and Serena :-)

LindsayRocks89
May 28th, 2004, 02:18 AM
i loved serena's screaming and fist-pumping, very great indeed

treiber04
May 28th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Yes let's cut off Serena's fingers for pumping her fist. And if she ever screams C'MON we'll have to cut of her lips. And better yet if ever smiles, which is very odd we'd have to cut her face off. ;)

Kabibi
May 28th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Thank You, so when Justine says Allez is she saying go or lets go?
I've always interpreted it as Justine saying "Come on!". An informal translation of sorts.

WtaTour4Ever
May 28th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Check this out from Yahoo

She earned extra empathy in Thursday's first set by conceding that one of Kirilenko's service returns was in -- although it was called out. Serena drew applause, the point was replayed, she missed a forehand, and Kirilenko wound up breaking to lead 5-2. In the last set, with Kirilenko up 4-3 and serving, the fans did the wave, delaying play for about a minute.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNDU1cml1BF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-frenchopen&prov=ap&type=lgns

lakeway11
May 28th, 2004, 02:48 AM
I guess we've never heard of cheering for the underdog.

i never known such a concept when Marti was trashing everyone :angel:

Knizzle
May 28th, 2004, 02:51 AM
People talk about Serena, but she clapped her racquet after a couple of Kirilenko's great winners. Venus doesn't even do that, but she is thought to be the nicer of the two players on the court.

Hulet
May 28th, 2004, 02:58 AM
In the end, what is important?
That people cheered for you, booed you or that you won the match?

I don't think Serena is losing sleep about the crowd as long as she wins her matches.

Kabibi
May 28th, 2004, 03:11 AM
In the end, what is important?
That people cheered for you, booed you or that you won the match?

I don't think Serena is losing sleep about the crowd as long as she wins her matches.
Sure enough because the only thing Serena has control over is her level of play and what she can do on the court to win. Everything else really isn't important or even reflective of Serena.

SharapovaFan16
May 28th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Ok Serena wants to win and is competitive good, but she has no respect for other players. I'm sorry, but she just cares about herself, and doesn't appreciate what she has. She wears them nasty ass outfits around, and whoever thinks she is sexy should be shot in the face because what man wants a girl that thick, and muscular, gross! Anyways I've read numerous interviews after Serena had tough matches with her opponent, and majority of the time came out on top. She never once commended the other person for doing this or doing that, it was always excuses about her game, or a damn injury she had. "O today yea I tore my rotator cuff heel in warm-ups. It really affected my forehand!" Just stop whining, if you lose you lose! If you play bad, and still win don't focus everything around yourself show respect to your opponent. Now I remember one incident when Sharapova played Serena, and it was a good match. Serena won, but in the post interview not one word about Sharapova, her name wasn't even mentioned. It was all about her, her, her. That's all she thinks about, and you can say she has Grand Slams this, and Grand Slams that, but until she learns how to show other players respect, and start acting a little less obnoxious, I hope she never wins another Grand Slam. I hope if she plays one of my favs, that they whip her ass. One thing Serena doesn't have is class, and that my friends is why the French, and any person in their right mind boo her! She deserves it!

Stefwhit
May 28th, 2004, 03:53 AM
I love fans like SharapovaFan16 cuz I can smell the fear and jealousy all through their posts. You can hope for her to lose to your favorites all you want and you can hope, wish, and pray that Serena never wins another GrandSlam from now to eternity, but in the end all your hopes mean absolutely nothing to her fans, and even less to Serena. I can at least find some new found joy in Serena all thanks to you. Now everytime she wins a slam or beats Sharapova I'll have an extra smile on my face just for you- knowing that her greatness bothers you so much makes me happier than a pig in shit. (I wished you would have listed more of your favorites.)

As for the boos... bring em' on!! Serena doesn't need approval from the masses, let alone the tacky French crowd (I'm specifically talkin' bout the minority of French fans that are tacky enough to boo greatness). For me personaly, it just makes me more proud to be a fan, more excited when she wins, and more satisfied that despite the boos she took care of business. I became a die-hard fan when she was booed at Indian Wells cuz I was so impressed with how she dealt with it. I'm sure it's not the nicest feelin' in the world, but it's definitely not the end of the world and no matter what (boos or cheers) that wont be what determines the outcome of the match- so bring em' on. I dare you to make Serena mad!

CanadianBoy21
May 28th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Allez means 'Hand up'

kyk710
May 28th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Ok Serena wants to win and is competitive good, but she has no respect for other players. I'm sorry, but she just cares about herself, and doesn't appreciate what she has. She wears them nasty ass outfits around, and whoever thinks she is sexy should be shot in the face because what man wants a girl that thick, and muscular, gross! Anyways I've read numerous interviews after Serena had tough matches with her opponent, and majority of the time came out on top. She never once commended the other person for doing this or doing that, it was always excuses about her game, or a damn injury she had. "O today yea I tore my rotator cuff heel in warm-ups. It really affected my forehand!" Just stop whining, if you lose you lose! If you play bad, and still win don't focus everything around yourself show respect to your opponent. Now I remember one incident when Sharapova played Serena, and it was a good match. Serena won, but in the post interview not one word about Sharapova, her name wasn't even mentioned. It was all about her, her, her. That's all she thinks about, and you can say she has Grand Slams this, and Grand Slams that, but until she learns how to show other players respect, and start acting a little less obnoxious, I hope she never wins another Grand Slam. I hope if she plays one of my favs, that they whip her ass. One thing Serena doesn't have is class, and that my friends is why the French, and any person in their right mind boo her! She deserves it!
Hahahahahahahahaha! Thank you, you just made my day. You're complaining about Serena not having class? Why don't you just read your own post :tape: . ( "I hope they whip her ass" "nasty ass outfits") ... REALLY classy. Besides your not even right. Serena usually gives credit to her opponents if they deserve it, and you have to admit when she loses she rarely plays her best tennis so what's wrong with saying that she played badly?

fammmmedspin
May 28th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Thank You, so when Justine says Allez is she saying go or lets go?Go and come get interchanged between some languages - its also the same as "Come on", "cum'on" or even the immortal. fear instilling, "Komm Jetz" that won 22GS for Steffi.:)

Nobody's Perfecc
May 28th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Now I remember one incident when Sharapova played Serena, and it was a good match. Serena won, but in the post interview not one word about Sharapova, her name wasn't even mentioned. It was all about her, her, her. That's all she thinks about, and you can say she has Grand Slams this, and Grand Slams that, but until she learns how to show other players respect, and start acting a little less obnoxious, I hope she never wins another Grand Slam. I hope if she plays one of my favs, that they whip her ass. One thing Serena doesn't have is class, and that my friends is why the French, and any person in their right mind boo her! She deserves it!
Which Serena-Maria match was that? If I recall correctly, ESPN stopped the broadcast of their match at the Nasdaq at 3-1 in the second set to show some other show. As far as I know, that was their first and only meeting so you must be imagining things.

As for Serena being self-centered, you can't blame her if the press or commentators asks questions about herself. I remember one interview where the press didn't ask one question about Serena's opponent. She can't talk about her opponent if the press is focusing on SERENA.

You're right about one thing though: Serena sometimes doesn't give enough credit to her opponent. She does give credit to her opponents. I think Serena has a lot of class(biased). She was gracious in her lost to Jennifer at Rome. She waved to the rowdy French crowd last year when she lost to Justine, despite their booing.

Nobody's Perfecc
May 28th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Go and come get interchanged between some languages - its also the same as "Come on", "cum'on" or even the immortal. fear instilling, "Komm Jetz" that won 22GS for Steffi.:)
Fearsome indeed! Her opponents must've felt like it was blitzkrieg all over again whenver they heard that battle cry, metaphorically speaking of course. ;)

dreamgoddess099
May 28th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Michael Jordan was booed everytime he entered into Madison Square Gardens. They didn't like him; you know why? Because they knew he was a huge threat to the Knicks. That's the same reason why the French crowd boo Serena. She is a great player and a huge threat to anybody that they want to win. They fear her and dislike her because they don't have a player like her from their own country. It has nothing to do with Serena's personality. If Serena were French they'd think she was the greatest thing on earth; I mean look how much they love Momo, and she doesn't even have any grandslams. The French dislike Serena because they envy her.

Sam L
May 28th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Michael Jordan was booed everytime he entered into Madison Square Gardens. They didn't like him; you know why? Because they knew he was a huge threat to the Knicks. That's the same reason why the French crowd boo Serena. She is a great player and a huge threat to anybody that they want to win. They fear her and dislike her because they don't have a player like her from their own country. It has nothing to do with Serena's personality. If Serena were French they'd think she was the greatest thing on earth; I mean look how much they love Momo, and she doesn't even have any grandslams. The French dislike Serena because they envy her.
Well Steffi was never booed and she's not French. Her career is much much more enviable than Serena.

dreamgoddess099
May 28th, 2004, 05:29 AM
but she has no respect for other players. I'm sorry, but she just cares about herself, and doesn't appreciate what she has. So let me get this straight. Because she only criticizes herself and refuses to make catty comments about other players; She has no respect for her opponents? Tell me something; how many players has she said bad things about, who didn't say something bad about her first? None! Even when People do take shots at her she doesn't respond. How the hell do you read arrogance and disrespectful in that?

Anyways I've read numerous interviews after Serena had tough matches with her opponent, and majority of the time came out on top. She never once commended the other person for doing this or doing that, You just showed your green eyed monster because that is a bold faced lie. Anyway, if you hate Serena so much, why do you read her press conferences?

it was always excuses about her game, or a damn injury she had. "O today yea I tore my rotator cuff heel in warm-ups. It really affected my forehand!" Just stop whining, if you lose you lose! If you play bad, and still win don't focus everything around yourself show respect to your opponent.
Q. Besides mentally, what other positives do you take out of this match?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, I think, like I said, I think I served well today. Although I think I could have served better, but that's just my attitude so... That's it.

Q. Anything else?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No (smiling). I'm really hard on myself.

Q. How would you rate it?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I'm really -- I don't know. I'm really hard on myself, though. You'd think someone who is supposedly so arrogant and just beat Maria Sharapova 6-4, 6-3 would have spent more time boasting rather than criticizing herself.

Now I remember one incident when Sharapova played Serena, and it was a good match. Serena won, but in the post interview not one word about Sharapova, her name wasn't even mentioned. It was all about her, her, her. That's all she thinks about, and you can say she has Grand Slams this, and Grand Slams that, but until she learns how to show other players respect, and start acting a little less obnoxious, I hope she never wins another Grand Slam. I hope if she plays one of my favs, that they whip her ass. OH...now I get it. You seem mad at Serena because she played one of your favs and didn't confirm your thoughts about how great you think your fav is. It must have hurt that Serena didn't mention your fav in her press conference, therefore not giving more publicity for your favs name. Since win is it Serena's responsibility to get more press for your fav?
One thing Serena doesn't have is class, and that my friends is why the French, and any person in their right mind boo her! She deserves it!If Serena deserves to be booed then so does Maria Sharapova. :rolleyes: How arrogant of you to try and lie on Serena. You could learn something from Serena and only judge yourself.

dreamgoddess099
May 28th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Well Steffi was never booed and she's not French. Her career is much much more enviable than Serena.Well there is a big difference in the skin on Steffi and the skin on Serena.

Sam L
May 28th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Well there is a big difference in the skin on Steffi and the skin on Serena.
I knew it. At the end of the day that's all you've got. It comes back down to the same tired excuse every time. :rolleyes:

dreamgoddess099
May 28th, 2004, 05:51 AM
I knew it. At the end of the day that's all you've got. It comes back down to the same tired excuse every time. :rolleyes:Oh, so you think that's a tried excuse huh? So I guess anybody who faces adversity for any reason and talks about how it is more challenging is only making excuses too? Your chosen ignorance of the adversity that certain people face is telling of your intelligence. Tell me why one player who doesn't make catty comments about other players and minds her own business is treated so differently from another player who does the same? What is your brilliant reason? And don't come with that personality BS, because Steffi wasn't the most liked player in the locker room either.

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 06:06 AM
It ainīt tired excuse, Sam L.....I just find it funny how white people wanna talk about rascism. If you ainīt colored how can you talk about something youīre not being a victim of or at least was part of your history?! Itīs easy to dismiss it and act like we live in a perfect world. We donīt. Rascism DOES excist. Only for the whites it doesnīt..

An arrogant white player is less likelier to be booed by a WHITE crowd than an arrogant black player. Or you wanna dispute that fact?!

Back to the topic...you canīt scream come on or yes anymore?! So all quiet, no emotions?! Serenaīs classless....but somehow she concedes that her opponentīs return was in and to replay the point, despite being already being down.

And Iīve seen her clapp for Maria at least a couple of times....no class, no class!

mandy7
May 28th, 2004, 06:45 AM
i watched the match, and you people are over-reacting
sure she got booed, but she deserved it
if you hit a winner, scream your lungs out for all i care
but when your 17 year old opponent, who was kinda kicking your ass, hits an ue, you just have to shut the hell up and be happy that you didn't have to hit the ball another 3 or 4 times, cause it would have ended up in the net anyways!
so if all the serena fans could just stop feeling sorry for theirselves, that would be great... and it's about time too
the whole
"the sisters are discriminated, and nobody likes them cause they're 'so good' and they always win" -act,
has got to go, it got real old, real fast... and it's annoying as hell :rolleyes:

Je_ne_sais_quoi
May 28th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Well Steffi was never booed and she's not French. Her career is much much more enviable than Serena.

Steffi:rolleyes: wasn't booed coz Martina Hingis was the big player at that time:bounce:

WtaTour4Ever
May 28th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Well I'm a WS Fan, and I didn't see this exact point, but I know it irritated the hell out of me when Lleyton Hewitt does he c'mon thing after any point, ue, let ball or whatever. So I sorta understand that. Even Capriati was boo'd, and she is like "America's Darling" or whatever, so I think it is safe to say that the French crowd is indeed very fickle. End of Story.

Mrs. Peel
May 28th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Actually this thread is bullshit...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I really don't think they were booing Serena specifically..the crowd thought the poor helpless cute & tiny little blond girl was getting bad line calls....:rolleyes: That's about the extent of it:rolleyes:

Who gives a shit if the fucking French booed her...she still won and is moving on to the next round...so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Mrs. Peel
May 28th, 2004, 07:29 AM
but when your 17 year old opponent, who was kinda kicking your ass, hits an ue, you just have to shut the hell up and be happy that you didn't have to hit the ball another 3 or 4 times, cause it would have ended up in the net anyways!
so if all the serena fans could just stop feeling sorry for theirselves, that would be great... and it's about time too
the whole
"the sisters are discriminated, and nobody likes them cause they're 'so good' and they always win" -act,
has got to go, it got real old, real fast... and it's annoying as hell :rolleyes:

I agree with you that many are overreacting but then you keep talking shit and just end up looking like an idiot. Serena didn't "deserve" anything because she didn't DO ANYTHING WRONG :rolleyes: Pull your eyes out of your ass please and shut the fluck up...ok...I'm better get to bed!

victory1
May 28th, 2004, 07:34 AM
I agree with you that many are overreacting but then you keep talking shit and just end up looking like an idiot. Serena didn't "deserve" anything because she didn't DO ANYTHING WRONG :rolleyes: Pull your eyes out of your ass please and shut the fluck up...ok...I'm better get to bed!
Don't waste your time Peel, some people are just stupid, and I'm not saying that just because you're white:p

visions23
May 28th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Booing has nothing to do with the fact Serena is a threat. Serena was booed because she is arrogant, and not nice. Mary PIERCE was booed too, at the beginning of his carreer, even if she is french.

Of course, maybe some people boo her because she is too strong, but MOST OF the booing is because of her attitude.

mandy7
May 28th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Don't waste your time Peel, some people are just stupid, and I'm not saying that just because you're white:p
i know..
you're just saying that cause you're stupid

DelMonte
May 28th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Booing has nothing to do with the fact Serena is a threat. Serena was booed because she is arrogant, and not nice. Mary PIERCE was booed too, at the beginning of his carreer, even if she is french.

Of course, maybe some people boo her because she is too strong, but MOST OF the booing is because of her attitude.

Again with this 'Serena is not nice' business. I am sorry, I just think that sexist BS!! See: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=3554963#post3554963 (the last post on that page, at the moment anyway!)

mandy7
May 28th, 2004, 07:52 AM
hey.. i just checked.. and my eyes aren't up my ass,
so that part is taken care of.

so, she didn't do anything wrong?
it's just WRONG to cheer for an ue by your opponent

so yeah, you go to bed now,
i'm going to my parents ship, cya :wavey:

Martian Jeza
May 28th, 2004, 07:53 AM

Serena is an angel, we all know it.

dreamgoddess099
May 28th, 2004, 07:57 AM
but when your 17 year old opponent, who was kinda kicking your ass, hits an ue, you just have to shut the hell up and be happy that you didn't have to hit the ball another 3 or 4 times, cause it would have ended up in the net anyways!Oh so Serena should have treated her with kid gloves because she is only 17? So Serena wasn't supposed to be happy about winning a point against a 17 year old who was trying to beat her? Yeah, she kicked Serena's ass, that's why Serena won two sets to her one. :rolleyes:
Who are you to tell a professional player how they should react to winning a point in a match. Serena may not have acted the way in which you think she should act, but who the hell says that you are the authority on what constitutes how someone should react to winning a point. You people (your term), accuse Serena of deserving to be booed for being happy that she won a point when she is down in a match, but go to the lengths of hell and back to justify the crowd's right to boo Serena when Justine puts her hand up on Serena's serve and pretends nothing happened.
so if all the serena fans could just stop feeling sorry for theirselves, that would be greatOh trust me, we don't feel sorry for anyone but "you ignorant people." Have you ever stopped to think why they are siblings that have been so blessed to achieve what no other siblings have in all of sports? It's because they are good people with good hearts. Do you really think God would waste talent like that on bad people?

... and it's about time too
the whole
has got to go, it got real old, real fast... and it's annoying as hell :rolleyes: The only thing that is getting old is you people's (again your term :rolleyes: ) chosen ignorance to the treatment of certain players versus others. You excuse certain players and turn your back on their flaws, but hold Venus and Serena to different standards. What's annoying as hell is that you don't have a creditable reason as to why the sisters are met with so much more opposition and criticism than the other players, but you quickly dismiss anybody else's explanation because you don't what to admit it.

mandy7
May 28th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Oh trust me, we don't feel sorry for anyone put "you ignorant people." Have you ever stopped to think why they are siblings that have been so blessed to achieve what no other siblings have in all of sports? It's because they are good people with good hearts. Do you really think God would waste talent like that on bad people?
do you really think god gave them talent? :rolleyes:
i'd say richard gave them power :tape:

dreamgoddess099
May 28th, 2004, 08:08 AM
do you really think god gave them talent? :rolleyes: Well he certainly gave them more than anybody in your sig. 10 grandslams more between the two of them compared to the combined 0 of the three in your sig.
i'd say richard gave them power :tape:That makes no sense, kinda like your existance on this planet.

mandy7
May 28th, 2004, 08:11 AM
wow, you were almost funny there
ALMOST

anyway, i like players who are nice and talented
don't care how much they win, i want them to win of course
and it sucks when i don't
but i don't pick my faves by checking out how many titles they have

ciao, really off now, or i'll miss the boat :rolleyes:

sartrista7
May 28th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Oh trust me, we don't feel sorry for anyone but "you ignorant people." Have you ever stopped to think why they are siblings that have been so blessed to achieve what no other siblings have in all of sports? It's because they are good people with good hearts. Do you really think God would waste talent like that on bad people?

!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my. I've actually never heard that one before. Absolutely insane. Starting the day of with laughter is always a good thing though, so thank-you Dreamgoddess!

Seriously, what the fuck? All talented people are "good people with good hearts" because God doesn't waste talent on bad people? Bwahahahahahaha.

tfannis
May 28th, 2004, 08:56 AM

And don't forget her "I'm French, I just wanna make clothes" comment....The French don't like her and as shown in the past (Hingis) they're quite stubborn :eek: :o

decemberlove
May 28th, 2004, 09:17 AM
bad example . MJ was/still is an arrogant prick . which is what made him so great . he knew of his talent and he knew how to use it to his advantage . there is absolutely nothing wrong with being an arrogant prick [not making the implication that serena is a prick . but shes got a bit of the arrogance going on] tennis needs arrogance and gaudiness to catch the casual fans attention

anyway . you didnt see basketball fans bitching that MJ got booed . why the fuck are tennis fans so hypersensitive? this isnt directed at serena fans or you, dreamgoddess . but to fans of all players that have been booed and have continually remonstrated about the booing . GET THE FUCK OVER IT . it happens in every sport . and some people wonder why tennis is still viewed as a prissy sport for the upperclass :rolleyes:

SpikeyAidanm
May 28th, 2004, 09:19 AM
The reason is pretty obvious.

~ The Leopard ~
May 28th, 2004, 09:25 AM
:zzz:

Greenout
May 28th, 2004, 09:28 AM
What's the big deal. Serena's a big girl, she's fearless. Everybody sucks,
it's not suppose to make the outcome of her matches any different.
Why are we so sensitive all of a sudden?

fifiricci
May 28th, 2004, 10:17 AM
^
I'm trying not to take sides here, but you could also argue that cheering your opponents unforced errors isnt exactly classy either....

natacha1
May 28th, 2004, 10:36 AM
You know I think it is so unfair to booooed someone.
Nobody deserves it, not even Serena Williams. Ok I am not a fan of her, but I would never do something like that.
They all are playing to win, and Serena screams with a UE but everyother player is glad to, they just dont show it (ok it is a little bid lack of respect to do it, but I think that when you are standing there that the only thing you think about is winning and not about respect ! )

~ The Leopard ~
May 28th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Do you really think God would waste talent like that on bad people?

Exactly. Look how much oratorical talent Hitler had for example. The historical records tell us that he was mesmerising. Again, Jack the Ripper was evidently a very talented man, with superb surgical skills (as well as great skills in planning his various activities, since he was never caught). Again, various mass murderers such as Charles Manson are known to have been blessed with extraordinary talents. They were all good people.

It is a well-known fact that people who are born with talent are always good people and that bad people are always people of mediocre or non-existent talents. Obviously, God is up there arranging it in this way...allocating all those talents to people who deserve them because they are so good. Don't let anyone ever tell you that this is sententious rubbish that no moderately intelligent person over the age of seven could possibly believe.

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 10:58 AM
the whole

says a Daniela H-fan!! Go figure!! Think we feel sorry?! Please....Serena won and thatīs more than we can say about you know who....shinabu asagoe?! DAAANNNGGG!!!

fifiricci
May 28th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Exactly. Look how much oratorical talent Hitler had for example. The historical records tell us that he was mesmerising. Again, Jack the Ripper was evidently a very talented man, with superb surgical skills (as well as great skills in planning his various activities, since he was never caught). Again, various mass murderers such as Charles Manson are known to have been blessed with extraordinary talents. They were all good people.

It is a well-known fact that people who are born with talent are always good people and that bad people are always people of mediocre or non-existent talents. Obviously, God is up there arranging it in this way...allocating all those talents to people who deserve them because they are so good. Don't let anyone ever tell you that this is sententious rubbish that no moderately intelligent person over the age of seven could possibly believe.
:lol:

Shuji Shuriken
May 28th, 2004, 11:53 AM
the whole
You have got to be kidding me :rolleyes:. When you're trailing in a close match, you do whatever it takes to pump yourself up. And if it means pumping your fist and psyching yourself up, even if it's after a point where your opponent made an error, then so be it. I don't agree with all this horseshit about her deserving to be booed and her being classless. Some people on this board just ignore the positives and tear apart the negatives :rolleyes:. Did anyone even read the post on page one, where Serena conceded that the serve was good, although it was called out? They replayed the point and she lost that point. That's fucking sportsmanship. That was in the same match :banghead:. You people are only looking for something to disparage Serena for. Go figure :confused:. Go Serena :bounce: :bounce:...becoming a huge fan of yours day by day :kiss: :hearts:.

faste5683
May 28th, 2004, 11:56 AM
An arrogant white player is less likelier to be booed by a WHITE crowd than an arrogant black player. Or you wanna dispute that fact?!

That may be true. So, what can be done about it? Nothing. Until tennis attracts more black players and fans, this is the way it is. Simple stuff, really. White folk can't help the fact that they're the vast majority of the tennis audience .

:wavey:

Wojtek
May 28th, 2004, 12:01 PM
So why Chanda wasn't booed in Franch Open or Stevenson? They're also black.

mandy7
May 28th, 2004, 12:01 PM
says a Daniela H-fan!! Go figure!! Think we feel sorry?! Please....Serena won and thatīs more than we can say about you know who....shinabu asagoe?! DAAANNNGGG!!!
this thread isn't about asagoe, it's about serena
you just can't leave daniela alone can't you?
you sad little small town boy :rolleyes:

Monica_Rules
May 28th, 2004, 12:10 PM
The booing was uncalled for yet again.

french crowd are rude lets face it they constantly pick on players for no reason i ffel sorry for the people in the crowd who just cheer and nothing else.

Ifd i was a player i prob would have got right ticked off with them prob stuck the finger up.Serena showed she can stay composed.

slice
May 28th, 2004, 12:13 PM
this is why i dont like serena that much at all... her yelling "come ons" when her opponent double faults along with her "you fucken bitch" comment at the aussie open doesnt really make her a good role model for the younger tennis players :rolleyes: :erm:

Petersmiler
May 28th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Personally, I feel the crowd are only gonna get worse with Serena.

And I think Serena will just get better and better as a result!

slice
May 28th, 2004, 12:28 PM
pfffff she always thinks she's the victim of something :rolleyes: she only has validation 4 one time when she was a victim-french open semis 2003 due to a certain hand :rolleyes:

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 12:33 PM
this is why i dont like serena that much at all... her yelling "come ons" when her opponent double faults along with her "you fucken bitch" comment at the aussie open doesnt really make her a good role model for the younger tennis players :rolleyes: :erm:

The f..bitch she did say and it was wrong and she got fined for it....now about the come on after df?! When and where?! And then you turn around and go chear for Jennifer Capriati...talk about role-model!!

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 12:35 PM
That may be true. So, what can be done about it? Nothing. Until tennis attracts more black players and fans, this is the way it is. Simple stuff, really. White folk can't help the fact that they're the vast majority of the tennis audience .

:wavey:

And that sucks.... it is right for a white player to be arrogant but it ainīt right for a black player to be so?! No blacks have to be all submissive and quiet, almost thankful and stuff. To hell with them white folks!

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 12:37 PM
this thread isn't about asagoe, it's about serena
you just can't leave daniela alone can't you?
you sad little small town boy :rolleyes:

Exactly....the thread is about Serena and her being booed. You wanna come talk crap about her being getting spanked and stuff even after she WON the match. Just had to remind you, that the only whoīs getting spanked these days is you know who. You only have been spanked when you LOSE a match...

cheesestix
May 28th, 2004, 12:39 PM

Man, this shit's getting old.

The only thing you guys want to hear is "she got booed because she's black". :rolleyes: It's what you guys keep alluding to. It's what you guys are thinking, right? So quit beating around the bush.

The pathetic thing is, most of you Williams fans think they walk on water, are perfect in every way, incapable of ever saying or doing anything wrong. Therefore, to you, the only people that would dislike her are white people, and the only reason they would have is racism. :rolleyes:

So, what's the point of these discussions? You Williams fans never accept reason anyway?

But if the French crowd is racist, tell me:

1) Why does the French crowd also boo white people? (I know what you guys are going to say...."Well, those people (JCap, etc) deserved to be booed, but they're not perfect like Serena and Venus, who had no reason to be booed").

2) Why don't they boo Venus?

3) Why did they cheer Serena in round 1? Sometimes they cheer for her, sometimes they don't. If they're racist, why would they ever cheer for her? Wouldn't they always boo her?

4) Why would they fill the stands for a Venus/Serena final 2 years ago?

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 12:41 PM

The only thing you guys want to hear is "she got booed because she's black". :rolleyes: It's what you guys keep alluding to. It's what you guys are thinking, right? So quit beating around the bush.

The pathetic thing is, most of you Williams fans think they walk on water, are perfect in every way, incapable of ever saying or doing anything wrong. Therefore, to you, the only people that would dislike her are white people, and the only reason they would have is racism. :rolleyes:

So, what's the point of these discussions? You Williams fans never accept reason anyway?

1) Why does the French crowd also boo white people? (I know what you guys are going to say...."Well, those people (JCap, etc) deserved to be booed, but they're not perfect like Serena and Venus, who had no reason to be booed").

3) Why did they cheer Serena in round 1? Sometimes they cheer for her, sometimes they don't. If they're racist, why would they ever cheer for her? Wouldn't they always boo her?

Donīt ever remember them booing the WINNER of a match AFTER the match was played...

fifiricci
May 28th, 2004, 12:45 PM

Well done for making a fair point in a non offensive way

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 01:00 PM

Not even that was the point....the point is: since when is it right to find booing any player is alright and dismiss it like that?! Since when?!

I understand the Williamses arenīt your favs, but would you still be talking this easily about it if it was one of your favs being booed with no apparent reason?!

This isnīt about black or white, this is about crowds should some more respect to players after a well-played match.

Stamp Paid
May 28th, 2004, 01:03 PM
She did not call Emelie Loit a fuckin' bitch at the Aussie Open '03 (She was mouthing that at Venus in the OZ Open Finals!:lol::lol:) What she said was, "You fucking failure!!!!", talking about herself. She's an intense girl, and its war out there. Her opponent nor the crowd should take it personally.

Mrs. Peel
May 28th, 2004, 03:03 PM
hey.. i just checked.. and my eyes aren't up my ass,
so that part is taken care of.

so, she didn't do anything wrong?
it's just WRONG to cheer for an ue by your opponent

so yeah, you go to bed now,
i'm going to my parents ship, cya :wavey:
ok..not your eyes, I apologize...I meant your head is way too far up your ass....your comments are idiotic. How do you know she was cheering her opponents UE? I could easily say that Kirilenko did the same?!?!? She pumped her fist numerous times off Serena's errors. lol That's waht ALL players do. Do you know how foolish you sound? You are blinded by hatred...SERENA IS STILL PLAYING OK...unlike some of the players you cheer for :tape:

I see you are online...haven't sailed away yet? Hope that ship sinks...

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 03:06 PM
ok..not your eyes, I apologize...I meant your head is way too far up your ass....your comments are idiotic. How do you know she was cheering her opponents UE? I could easily say that Kirilenko did the same?!?!? She pumped her fist numerous times off Serena's errors. lol That's waht ALL players do. Do you know how foolish you sound? You are blinded by hatred...SERENA IS STILL PLAYING OK...unlike some of the players you cheer for :tape:

I see you are online...haven't sailed away yet? Hope that ship sinks...

And DOOOOWWWNNNN goes Mandy!!

Experimentee
May 28th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Theres nothing wrong with getting pumped up when you win an important point :rolleyes:
It doesnt matter if it was a winner or an error, all that matters is she won it.
Other players do it all the time, but only Serena cant get away with it.

pualeez
May 28th, 2004, 03:20 PM
The booing was not all that bad and it seemed to me to just be a few, but it was uncalled for. Some people in the french crowd are being really stupid, again, as usual. Serena did not do anything worse then what other players do. Most players pump themselves up by yelling out or making a fist whether they hit a winner or thier opponent made an error.

It seems like mostly all the American girls are being booed at some point and the crowd is looking for things especially to get on them about. But they are going to keep on winning no matter how rude the french crowd treats em. :bounce:

No more American men left to cheer for :sad: :fiery:

Black Mamba.
May 28th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Let me get this straight, Serena is arrogant and rude for getting pumped up something every player including J-Cap does. J-Cap tells the crowd to shut up at every turn, but yet Serena is said to be arrogant and rude just because she gets excited she won a point. Most of the other players take personal shots at the sisters ie..... Hingis, but I never recall Vee or Serena starting stuff with other players by taking personal shots first. Serena is accused of never giving her opponent credit, but who does? I've heard so many excuses from every WTA player about why they lost it is almost ridiculous. You hear, "well I wasn't at my best today," or you hear, "I was injured, and I guess they played a better match."

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Let me get this straight, Serena is arrogant and rude for getting pumped up something every player including J-Cap does. J-Cap tells the crowd to shut up at every turn, but yet Serena is said to be arrogant and rude just because she gets excited she won a point. Most of the other players take personal shots at the sisters ie..... Hingis, but I never recall Vee or Serena starting stuff with other players by taking personal shots first. Serena is accused of never giving her opponent credit, but who does? I've heard so many excuses from every WTA player about why they lost it is almost ridiculous. You hear, "well I wasn't at my best today," or you hear, "I was injured, and I guess they played a better match."

say no more, say no more!

MrSerenaWilliams
May 28th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I agree with Knizzle 100%. If you guys actually played tennis (some of you do and some don't) you would realize that Serena shouts and screams whenever she wins a point. She doesn't just do it when her opponents make errors. Yeah she does it when they make errors too but come on now. She hasn't played in a GS event almost a year. I would be pumped up too. Especially since her draw is opening up and she has a great shot at the title. So....DON'T HATE!

DA FOREHAND
May 28th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I agree with Knizzle 100%. If you guys actually played tennis (some of you do and some don't) you would realize that Serena shouts and screams whenever she wins a point. She doesn't just do it when her opponents make errors. Yeah she does it when they make errors too but come on now. She hasn't played in a GS event almost a year. I would be pumped up too. Especially since her draw is opening up and she has a great shot at the title. So....DON'T HATE!
I know henin does that when her opponents make errors...it's very annoying. :fiery:

LiliaLee-Frazier
May 28th, 2004, 03:36 PM
:eek: What an evil witch she is for celebrating the win of a point in a tight match?? Well... if its an unforced era then it is a celebration of a loss of a point from her opponent ;)

pualeez
May 28th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by nikerulz

Yeah,I was a little scared for JC when she played her next match because I thought the crowd would boo her. I was suprised they didn't. But I am glad she got away with telling them to shut up, it is about time someone stand up to them.

Go Jenny and the rest of the U.S girls :worship:

Black Mamba.
May 28th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Yeah,I was a little scared for JC when she played her next match because I thought the crowd would boo her. I was suprised they didn't. But I am glad she got away with telling them to shut up, it is about time someone stand up to them.

Go Jenny and the rest of the U.S girls :worship:

Yeah I was glad too.

sartrista7
May 28th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Theres nothing wrong with getting pumped up when you win an important point :rolleyes:
It doesnt matter if it was a winner or an error, all that matters is she won it.
Other players do it all the time, but only Serena cant get away with it.

Hewitt gets the most hate for doing it, really... with good reason, the silly little prick.

Pumping the fist is fine after your opponent's UE... you were in the rally, you came out on top. But screaming 'YES!' after fluky net cords and double faults... that's poor form. You don't have to do the fake apology (though it's not so much an apology as a gesture of courtesy, anyway)... but you don't have to be a bitch about it.

Also... the only two players who go completely overboard with the fist-pumping etc, hamming it up like they're in a bad amateur (melo)dramatics production, are Serena and Hewitt (I don't know if Roddick does it any more... I avoid him whenever possible). It's actually quite funny, in a "my god she's making such a fool of herself" kind of way.

lizchris
May 28th, 2004, 04:09 PM
She's very annoying that's why.
The only reason she is annoying is because she is one of the best players in the world.:rolleyes: :fiery:

sartrista7
May 28th, 2004, 04:19 PM
The only reason she is annoying is because she is one of the best players in the world.:rolleyes: :fiery:

Venus is not annoying. Neither are Federer, Ferrero or Coria. I don't find Justine annoying, though I see why others might. I find Kim VERY annoying, and I see why others might not. Even if you don't find Serena annoying, I think it's very disingenous to say that you don't understand why others might be turned off by the way she comports herself.

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Hewitt gets the most hate for doing it, really... with good reason, the silly little prick.

Pumping the fist is fine after your opponent's UE... you were in the rally, you came out on top. But screaming 'YES!' after fluky net cords and double faults... that's poor form. You don't have to do the fake apology (though it's not so much an apology as a gesture of courtesy, anyway)... but you don't have to be a bitch about it.

Also... the only two players who go completely overboard with the fist-pumping etc, hamming it up like they're in a bad amateur (melo)dramatics production, are Serena and Hewitt (I don't know if Roddick does it any more... I avoid him whenever possible). It's actually quite funny, in a "my god she's making such a fool of herself" kind of way.

It ainīt like Serena pumped her fist after EVERY ufe?! Besides if she wanna pump her fist she is gonna pump it when she wants too. If you donīt like it, you can hit the road too!

sartrista7
May 28th, 2004, 04:27 PM
It ainīt like Serena pumped her fist after EVERY ufe?! Besides if she wanna pump her fist she is gonna pump it when she wants too. If you donīt like it, you can hit the road too!

I've said elsewhere that it's a good tactic. She shouldn't stop it. It's disingenuous to claim that you don't know why she doesn't get as much support as other players, though.

Seriously, though, after FLUKY NET CORDS...

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I've said elsewhere that it's a good tactic. She shouldn't stop it. It's disingenuous to claim that you don't know why she doesn't get as much support as other players, though.

Seriously, though, after FLUKY NET CORDS...

Have seen players chear after dfīs when their opponents were ill...but screw the crowd! Donīt need them anyway!

Justineladivine
May 28th, 2004, 04:56 PM
OK, I don't know if it has been done before but just in case let me try and explain why the French are apt to boo Serena.
I hope it'll be clear to all that I'm just attempting an explanation and not saying in any way that I condone any of what the French do or think in this matter
The French are terribly anti-American. I have many French friends and colleagues and intense dislike of American people is unanimous among them. This doesn't date back to Bush and his invasion of Iraq, BTW. This anti-American feeling has been growing steadily since the DeGaule era. Let's just say that it has got worse over the last two years. The French nearly all share the view that the Americans are out to dominate the world. Many French people are afraid of globalisation which they feel as a threat to their culture and specially their language. This fear is so acute that there is a special French Commission in charge of weeding out English loans from the French language. This is why, among other things the term tiebreak which was used by all French tennis players and commentators has now been replaced by 'jeu decisif'. I could give you dozens of examples of this kind. So, in a nutshell, everything that stands for America is now in serious danger of being booed or jeered in France. I remember quite well that before the Justine-Serena semi-final, French tennis-fans(??) said in interviews they would root for Justine just to vent their anti-American feelings.
About the racism charge so many of you keep going on about. I assure you you're way off the mark. Sure, the French are racist, but not so much towards their black citizens. They essentially reserve their bigotry for Muslems, and more particularly for Arabs. Honestly trying to compare racism against Blacks in France with what you still have in certain areas of the US is a total misconception. People who live in a glass-house...
Now, about Serena in particular. When she trounced Mauresmo last year she came across to all those who saw the match as the epitome of US arrogance. I think
it was not so much the stinging defeat Momo took that riled them but all the staredowns and the intimidating gestures Serena came up with.
Hingis got a similar (and I think worse) treatment than Serena in her final vs Graf and yet she was white and European. I also remember Lecomte, a French Player being booed out of the stadium because he said something dumb after losing a final to Matts Vilander. And yet Lecomte was as French as you make them.
So please, stop fretting over this. I'm sure Serena doesn't give a damn now. And who knows? If she just shrugs if off, people may just get tired of this stupid taunting game

ys
May 28th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I am watching it now and I find Serena's antics really appaling in this match. I hope Venus or someone else beats the crap out of here. Tennis is a sport for women behaving and sounding like ladies, not like whores.. "Oh, ah, yes, yeees, gooood"...

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I am watching it now and I find Serena's antics really appaling in this match. I hope Venus or someone else beats the crap out of here. Tennis is a sport for women behaving and sounding like ladies, not like whores.. "Oh, ah, yes, yeees, gooood"...

Serena didnīt do anything than Maria K didnīt do as well...you were saying?!

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 05:17 PM
OK, I don't know if it has been done before but just in case let me try and explain why the French are apt to boo Serena.
I hope it'll be clear to all that I'm just attempting an explanation and not saying in any way that I condone any of what the French do or think in this matter
The French are terribly anti-American. I have many French friends and colleagues and intense dislike of American people is unanimous among them. This doesn't date back to Bush and his invasion of Iraq, BTW. This anti-American feeling has been growing steadily since the DeGaule era. Let's just say that it has got worse over the last two years. The French nearly all share the view that the Americans are out to dominate the world. Many French people are afraid of globalisation which they feel as a threat to their culture and specially their language. This fear is so acute that there is a special French Commission in charge of weeding out English loans from the French language. This is why, among other things the term tiebreak which was used by all French tennis players and commentators has now been replaced by 'jeu decisif'. I could give you dozens of examples of this kind. So, in a nutshell, everything that stands for America is now in serious danger of being booed or jeered in France. I remember quite well that before the Justine-Serena semi-final, French tennis-fans(??) said in interviews they would root for Justine just to vent their anti-American feelings.
About the racism charge so many of you keep going on about. I assure you you're way off the mark. Sure, the French are racist, but not so much towards their black citizens. They essentially reserve their bigotry for Muslems, and more particularly for Arabs. Honestly trying to compare racism against Blacks in France with what you still have in certain areas of the US is a total misconception. People who live in a glass-house...
Now, about Serena in particular. When she trounced Mauresmo last year she came across to all those who saw the match as the epitome of US arrogance. I think
it was not so much the stinging defeat Momo took that riled them but all the staredowns and the intimidating gestures Serena came up with.
Hingis got a similar (and I think worse) treatment than Serena in her final vs Graf and yet she was white and European. I also remember Lecomte, a French Player being booed out of the stadium because he said something dumb after losing a final to Matts Vilander. And yet Lecomte was as French as you make them.
So please, stop fretting over this. I'm sure Serena doesn't give a damn now. And who knows? If she just shrugs if off, people may just get tired of this stupid taunting game

Hope youīre gonna feel the same the day itīs Justine whoīs being booed...

minboy
May 28th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Hope youīre gonna feel the same the day itīs Justine whoīs being booed...

Justineladivine was talking about :
1. anti-american feeling
2.serena's attitude, and globaly other players ' attitude that the french crowd doesn't like

..........now what does it have to do with Justine?????

If it happens that one day the french crowd doesn't like Justine's attitude, what could it change about Justineladivine feelings ? If anything, that would prove he/she is right

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Justineladivine was talking about :
1. anti-american feeling
2.serena's attitude, and globaly other players ' attitude that the french crowd doesn't like

..........now what does it have to do with Justine?????

If it happens that one day the french crowd doesn't like Justine's attitude, what could it change about Justineladivine feelings ? If anything, that would prove he/she is right

o.k....

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 06:00 PM
The crowd was somewhat rude towards Serena last night. She could take advice from Martina Hingis, who experienced the fury of the french crowds at a totally different level :eek:

BUT pumping your fist and scream COME ON when you have a letcord on crucial points (instead of apoligizing and keeping it quiet) like Serena did against Kirilenko, simply won't make the crowd love her much

ans
May 28th, 2004, 06:12 PM
And DOOOOWWWNNNN goes Mandy!!
Nice. Now you can welcome her there, downstairs. 'Cause you went down already months and months ago and never managed to get back.

Renee
May 28th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Allez means 'Hand up'
:tape: :D

The boos just help to motivate Serena, so bring on the boos. How cool was it to see Serena smiling and waving after the match even while the crowd continued to boo:devil:

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Nice. Now you can welcome her there, downstairs. 'Cause you went down already months and months ago and never managed to get back.

Really?! and when did I go down and how?!

cheo23
May 28th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Excuse Me People.. but the Headline in this Thread or whatever was why SEReNa was Booed..and the ONly Answer is that at 4-3....and SERENa's shot hit the net cord and went over and won without like puttin her hand Up..but before the Next Point she like gestured sayin she was Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it Together People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Topaz"
May 28th, 2004, 06:39 PM
My God! ...You all got it wrong!

Serena was booed because of her boyfriend, can't you tell? Geez! :o :devil: ;)

cheo23
May 28th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Whatever 4 the last time...she was booed because at 4-3 in the 3rd set against Maria....Serena's shot hit the net cord and didn't like apologize as U're supposed too..but before the Next Point she gestured sayin she was sorry with her Racket! End of Discussion! GEt it together People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pureracket
May 28th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Willliams fans,
Have you all stopped to think how it would be to simply agree with the vultures? Isn't it obvious that the complaints about this particular issue are petty and based on something much deeper than "Serena's rudeness?"

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Whatever 4 the last time...she was booed because at 4-3 in the 3rd set against Maria....Serena's shot hit the net cord and didn't like apologize as U're supposed too..but before the Next Point she gestured sayin she was sorry with her Racket! End of Discussion! GEt it together People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep..but it was after the match as well...

OUT!
May 28th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Honestly trying to compare racism against Blacks in France with what you still have in certain areas of the US is a total misconception. You're right, the Nazi Party is not popular in the US, although some would argue that Bush is going that way. People boo Serena for a variety of reasons, those being:

Anti-Americanism
Racism
Sour grapes
Believing the negative press
For showing the French how to dress in style, lol.

I love France really :), I just don't understand why 15% of the electorate vote for the Nazi Party :fiery: .

Although the British crowd is boring, we're not rude are we?

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 06:50 PM

I know she apologized later! But maybe other people didn't see that! But she could have apologized immediately to avoid these situations :angel: She shouted come on and pumped her fist instead, and that's what people didn't like :sad:

Stamp Paid
May 28th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I'm watching the Maria Sharapova/Vera Zvonareva match now, and Maria is fist pumping and bending over when Zvonareva is hitting UFEs, and even when vera double faulted. Serena gets booed for it tho.

cheo23
May 28th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Well I know it was after the match ..I don't know whats UP with those Rude ASS French People ..they just dislike SERENA. they like some people and dislike other People..Like Vince Spadea, Lleyton Hewitt, sometimes with J.CRAP, Martina Hingis, and now with SERENA..its like Whatever U can Boo all U fuckin want..it doesn't matter..SEReNA said she doesn't Really pay attention to the booin..she's concentratin oN her Game like she did Yesterday ...Okay! Plus she got a win from comin back at 4-2 in the 3rd SET against Maria..End of Discussion!

cheo23
May 28th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Every Player says Come ON after they're opponents hits a Unforced Error..its Not just SERENa..Justine does it, Maria Sharapova, J.CRap and I can go On and ON..Lleyton Hewitt, and other Players..its NOt Just SERENA! GET IT TOGETHer People !

cheo23
May 28th, 2004, 06:58 PM
I know she apologized later! But maybe other people didn't see that! But she could have apologized immediately to avoid these situations :angel: She shouted come on and pumped her fist instead, and that's what people didn't like :sad:
she didn't apologize later..it was before the next point..she was in the moment..and she got excited about winnin the point when the ball barely went over after hittin the net cord. The Audience should have noticed her gesturin..She was sorry when she put her racket up sayin she WAS indeed Sorry! by the way..she sometimes does that after hittin a net cord.Durin the next point

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I'm watching the Maria Sharapova/Vera Zvonareva match now, and Maria is fist pumping and bending over when Zvonareva is hitting UFEs, and even when vera double faulted. Serena gets booed for it tho.

Tjaaa....so why was it then no?!

jack duckworth
May 28th, 2004, 07:10 PM
its only now you see :rolleyes:

DeDe4925
May 28th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I love Serena's fist pumping, saying "COME ON" and thigh slapping. I especially love the dagger looks she gives if someone hits an ace on her or makes a good shot against her. Man, if looks could kill. :lol:

Justineladivine
May 28th, 2004, 07:34 PM
You're right, the Nazi Party is not popular in the US, although some would argue that Bush is going that way. People boo Serena for a variety of reasons, those being:

Anti-Americanism
Racism
Sour grapes
Believing the negative press
For showing the French how to dress in style, lol.

I love France really :), I just don't understand why 15% of the electorate vote for the Nazi Party :fiery: .

Although the British crowd is boring, we're not rude are we?

I did say in my post there is racism in France. It's just more directed to the Arab minority. (Noah was black and was and still is France's most popular tennisstar). By the way, you have (neo)fascist parties everywhere in Europe. Ever heard of the scores such parties make in Belgium?

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I love Serena's fist pumping, saying "COME ON" and thigh slapping. I especially love the dagger looks she gives if someone hits an ace on her or makes a good shot against her. Man, if looks could kill. :lol:

Love her, love her!! The way everyone should play...show your emotions.

OUT!
May 28th, 2004, 07:44 PM
I did say in my post there is racism in France. It's just more directed to the Arab minority. Doesn't make it any better though does it? In fact, Arabs probably face a double whammy - racism from white French people and discrimination from other ethnic minority groups who aren't Arabs.

(Noah was black and was and still is France's most popular tennisstar). I don't think that b/c a black athlete is popular that it necesasarily means acceptance. It's safe to like black people who are in sports b/c that way they are less threateninng. When blacks enter politics, law and policy making, it's very different.

By the way, you have (neo)fascist parties everywhere in Europe. Ever heard of the scores such parties make in Belgium?I know, a party election broadcast by the British National Party is being broadcast on British tv this evening :fiery: That said, the situation in France appears to be far more bleak. Racist political parties seem to have ganied a great deal of legitimacy in France by way of their prominence and successes in elections.

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 07:51 PM

I personally hate it when she does that. I like Serena very much but intimidation is not my thing :angel:

Justineladivine
May 28th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Doesn't make it any better though does it? In fact, Arabs probably face a double whammy - racism from white French people and discrimination from other ethnic minority groups who aren't Arabs.

I don't think that b/c a black athlete is popular that it necesasarily means acceptance. It's safe to like black people who are in sports b/c that way they are less threateninng. When blacks enter politics, law and policy making, it's very different.

I know, a party election broadcast by the British National Party is being broadcast on British tv this evening :fiery: That said, the situation in France appears to be far more bleak. Racist political parties seem to have ganied a great deal of legitimacy in France by way of their prominence and successes in elections.

1. Course it doesn't. My point was just to tell those bringing the racial question into the Serena vs French crowd issue they had it all wrong since French racism is not culturally directed to the black community

2. Quite. But you have many black athletes in France. If you look at their national football team, it's 70% black now whereas in other sports (e.g. running, it's 100%) I think this helps reduce racism toward their community. If you had more Zidanes in French sports, I'm sure the same would go for Arabs

3. Far worse I don't know: one third of the votes for the VB in Antwerp, that's quite a lot you know

kosmikgroove
May 28th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I don't know why she was booed but it SHOULDN'T (not wasn't) because of "bad" gamesmanship.

If you recall in the first set, a ball of Maria's was called out, then overrulled by the umpire. Serena fully agreed with the umpire and even pointed at the spot where the ball clipped the line. Also, Serena applauded some of Maria's brilliant points. I really like how well Serena handled the crowd out there. I sensed a bit of tension with her but she handled it like a champ and had the guts to scream at crucial points to get her motivation going, knowing full well the wrath that the crowd would show her.

Kabezya
May 28th, 2004, 08:08 PM
I personally hate it when she does that. I like Serena very much but intimidation is not my thing :angel:

It seems perceptions run to extremes on both sides because I've never viewed Serena's fist pumping or what she does while she's in her own personal zone as intimidation. If the other players are intimidated, that's their own problem - if they allow themselves to be intimidated that's a weakness in their own game that can't be blamed on Serena as simple intimidation.

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 08:11 PM
It seems perceptions run to extremes on both sides because I've never viewed Serena's fist pumping or what she does while she's in her own personal zone as intimidation. If the other players are intimidated, that's their own problem - if they allow themselves to be intimidated that's a weakness in their own game that can't be blamed on Serena as simple intimidation.

I wasn't talking to you nor was I talking about the fist pumpings. DeMond said: "I especially love the dagger looks she gives if someone hits an ace on her or makes a good shot against her. Man, if looks could kill." and I said I don't love that

Kabezya
May 28th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I wasn't talking to you nor was I talking about the fist pumpings. DeMond said: "I especially love the dagger looks she gives if someone hits an ace on her or makes a good shot against her. Man, if looks could kill." and I said I don't love that

Duh Sherlock you weren't talking to me, however I directed my statements to you, off of your response. I wasn't talking about the fist pumpings either and was able to read both DeMond's and your discussion. It's not hard. I was specifically speaking in terms of her glares and other things and how players could perceive it as intimidation and commentators alike. Whether you care for it or not is none of my concern.

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Duh Sherlock you weren't talking to me, however I directed my statements to you, off of your response. I wasn't talking about the fist pumpings either and was able to read both DeMond's and your discussion. It's not hard. I was specifically speaking in terms of her glares and other things and how players could perceive it as intimidation and commentators alike. Whether you care for it or not is not of my concern. exaaaaactly. END OF DISCUSSION

ys
May 28th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Serena didnīt do anything than Maria K didnīt do as well...you were saying?!
For me it was obvious that with her actions, sounds, words, and screams Serena was trying to effect her young and inexperienced opponent and that is something that is absolutely against classic tennis tradition. That is OK for junk prole sports like NFL or NBA but this is not OK in tennis.

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 08:31 PM
For me it was obvious that with her actions, sounds, words, and screams Serena was trying to effect her young and inexperienced opponent and that is something that is absolutely against classic tennis tradition. That is OK for junk prole sports like NFL or NBA but this is not OK in tennis.

aaaaahhhhh....so only when youīre young and inexperienced you are allowed to cheer and pump your fists...okkkaayyyy!! I got that one!! :rolleyes:

ys
May 28th, 2004, 08:34 PM
aaaaahhhhh....so only when youīre young and inexperienced you are allowed to cheer and pump your fists...okkkaayyyy!! I got that one!! :rolleyes:No. It is OK for anyone. What is _NOT_ is loud "Good", "Yes" that can be heard even by TV spectators, celebrating opponents UEs. Venus never does that. But when Serena behaves on court like an animal, especilly in this clownish outfit, no wonder she is getting booed.

DA FOREHAND
May 28th, 2004, 08:36 PM
No. It is OK for anyone. What is _NOT_ is loud "Good", "Yes" that can be heard even by TV spectators, celebrating opponents UEs. Venus never does that. But when Serena behaves on court like an animal, especilly in this clownish outfit, no wonder she is getting booed.
WGAF!

Serena is still winning.

ys
May 28th, 2004, 08:41 PM
WGAF!

Serena is still winning.
No one questions her ability. But this way she is bound to run into someone who with crowd huge help will be able to beat her. Capriati or Venus will get her.

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 08:41 PM
No. It is OK for anyone. What is _NOT_ is loud "Good", "Yes" that can be heard even by TV spectators, celebrating opponents UEs. Venus never does that. But when Serena behaves on court like an animal, especilly in this clownish outfit, no wonder she is getting booed.

well i did hear Maria hits yes and come on plenty of times too...now, if I could hear it, isnīt that loud as well?! Hmmm.....

Callie20
May 28th, 2004, 10:18 PM
No. It is OK for anyone. What is _NOT_ is loud "Good", "Yes" that can be heard even by TV spectators, celebrating opponents UEs. Venus never does that. But when Serena behaves on court like an animal, especilly in this clownish outfit, no wonder she is getting booed. Now Serena is an animal? Can the insults get any lower?:cool:

DeDe4925
May 28th, 2004, 10:50 PM
No one questions her ability. But this way she is bound to run into someone who with crowd huge help will be able to beat her. Capriati or Venus will get her.
ys, if ignornance was worth a penny, you'd be the richest person on earth, with Bush running a close second. :lol:

volta
May 28th, 2004, 11:10 PM
yes thatīs what happened. :worship:

OUT!
May 28th, 2004, 11:25 PM
1. Course it doesn't. My point was just to tell those bringing the racial question into the Serena vs French crowd issue they had it all wrong since French racism is not culturally directed to the black community

2. Quite. But you have many black athletes in France. If you look at their national football team, it's 70% black now whereas in other sports (e.g. running, it's 100%) I think this helps reduce racism toward their community. If you had more Zidanes in French sports, I'm sure the same would go for Arabs

3. Far worse I don't know: one third of the votes for the VB in Antwerp, that's quite a lot you knowThanks for the feedback re racial politics on the continent. :) The stats on Antwerp are shocking. It's a shame because I loved that city when I visited :sad:

dreamgoddess099
May 29th, 2004, 06:51 AM
It is a well-known fact that people who are born with talent are always good people and that bad people are always people of mediocre or non-existent talents. Obviously, God is up there arranging it in this way...allocating all those talents to people who deserve them because they are so good.
Well sorry to tell you, but in your haste to make such a sorry attempt to generalize my words and apply them to all people (when I clearly only named the two I was talking about:rolleyes:); you totally missed the point. I never said having talent or not makes you a good or bad person :rolleyes:, but that God selects certain people and gives them a special talent for a good reason. Like to inspire others to be better people by believing in themselves and having hope that they can achieve all things. Lucifer had a talent for manipulating other angels, but he was a bad person so God kicked him out of heaven and down to hell. So, while bad people can have talent, if they misuse it, sooner or later they will be punished. God continues to bless and take care of Serena and Venus because they have good hearts. I never said God only blesses deserving people because in God’s eyes all people deserve to be blessed. Some are just chosen for a special purpose.

dreamgoddess099
May 29th, 2004, 07:10 AM
That may be true. So, what can be done about it? Nothing. Until tennis attracts more black players and fans, this is the way it is. Well as long as the two biggest black names in the sport are never given any credit for having a brain or any skill, tennis never will reach it's full minority viewership potential. White folk can't help the fact that they're the vast majority of the tennis audience .

Actually they themselves are the reason why white folks are the vast majority of the tennis audience because for a time blacks weren't even allowed to play. Whites have always been able to play the sport, so of course they would be more inclined to watch it.

Shuji Shuriken
May 29th, 2004, 11:42 AM
For me it was obvious that with her actions, sounds, words, and screams Serena was trying to effect her young and inexperienced opponent and that is something that is absolutely against classic tennis tradition. That is OK for junk prole sports like NFL or NBA but this is not OK in tennis.Oh please...do us all a favour and stop spouting your ignorance will you. Fucking unlady-like my butthole :rolleyes:.