PDA

View Full Version : Dick Enberg always praises the Williamses

spokenword73
May 27th, 2004, 10:05 PM
It's just a relief since all Mary C, Mary Joe and Pam Shriver do is nit-pick and tear them down...BTW, Mary C had the nerve to say that "tennis is not a part-time job" referring to Serena but V & S have done pretty well. Less is mo' better ;) with the Sisters

volta
May 27th, 2004, 10:06 PM
are they the British commentators?

Black Mamba.
May 27th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Most of the other commentators are mad because Vee and Serena can win tournements and slams while having personal lives at the same time, and that just makes them angry. Not to mention the amount of money they get.

spokenword73
May 27th, 2004, 10:14 PM
are they the British commentators?
they are the commentators for ESPN. Many people on these boards like the two Marys and Pam but to me they sound like jealous, petty bees when it comes to the Williams sisters. They keep mentioning the fact that V&S have "outside interests" so what? It's been that way for ten years now. This is Enberg first year with ESPN (I think) and he is soooooo much more professional.:cool:

Andrew.
May 27th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Pam...freaking RACIST.

volta
May 27th, 2004, 10:18 PM
so marys and pam are the british right?!

spokenword73
May 27th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Pam...freaking RACIST.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...

I believe the two Marys are also. I guess they don't realize how they sound sometimes.:confused:

spokenword73
May 27th, 2004, 10:22 PM
so marys and pam are the british right?!
I believe they are all North American born.

Eurotennisfan
May 27th, 2004, 10:24 PM
I think the sister's outside interests are over-rated, so they go to see a movie once in a while...BIG DEAL

Janet
May 27th, 2004, 10:28 PM
I know I feel the same way too........Dick enberg always praise the sisters for what they have done for tennis and what tremendous young women they have grow up to be, for both sister don't care what these commentors say about them I know the rest of the women commentors don't praise them, but that's ok because the Williams sister are doing what they want to do in life and maybe that makes them a bit jealous because when they were playing tennis they did not know what the hell they are going to do in life..........look at all of them played tennis and know commentors for tennis.....that says it all, you think the sisters going to behind some sport desk after tennis........nooooooo way, once they off the court, that will be it.........they will lead their other life with new careers...........and for that I will always praise them for that. because they are 2 smart young women.

volta
May 27th, 2004, 10:28 PM
since i only can see RG from Eurosport Portugal there is a Portuguese commentator who doesnīt hide his preference to win a match and itīs always saying the same thing on and on(sometmes his nice but usually he pisses me off).....the british ones (those who work for Eurosport) are really good i love them cuz they show love for all players and have such good words to describe what itīs happening and they laugh they are my fav.

MisterQ
May 27th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Mary Carillo also puts out quite a few compliments about Venus and Serena. I think she's pretty objective. She was very complimentary of Serena when she raised her game in the second set today.

spokenword73
May 27th, 2004, 10:33 PM
There is a lady commentator for the British station that I like...is her name Sue Barker?

volta
May 27th, 2004, 10:33 PM
canīt they see that Venus and Serena have lifes beyond Tennis? they love Tennis but thatīs not all their lifes they wanna do more things. thatīs crime now.....

and correct me if iīm wrong didnīt Serena with this way of thinking made a Serena Slam? didnīt Venus with this way of thinking won 4 GS and went to 9 GS finals and has 31 titles? so f*** them

spokenword73
May 27th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Mary Carillo also puts out quite a few compliments about Venus and Serena. I think she's pretty objective. She was very complimentary of Serena when she raised her game in the second set today.
I dunno...

Mary C sounds like such a hick sometimes. She went on and on about the flower Serena had in her hair the other day, like she never seen a woman wearing a flower. It was sickening...and then she pretended to know what questions Serena would be asked had she LOST the match:fiery: ...she was dying for an upset, IMO

MisterQ
May 27th, 2004, 10:41 PM
She was quite infatuated with Kirilenko's game and level of play. I'm not sure that means she was dying for an upset.

Mary can be quirky sometimes, and get fixated on odd things (like the flower). But it has never bothered me... Personally, I still think she's one of the more professional and objective commentators.

Eurotennisfan
May 27th, 2004, 10:47 PM
leave Mary alone! that flower was plain silly.

LindsayRocks89
May 27th, 2004, 11:25 PM
i think dick and cliffy are the most positive towards the sisters, then mary c, then the dynamic duo of mary joe and pammy :lol:

- L i n a -
May 27th, 2004, 11:28 PM
I think this is the first time I've heard anyone mention positives about Enberg.

He should have retired before I was born.

faste5683
May 27th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Why shouldn't he? They deserve it. OTOH, old Dick rambles on and on and on...

:wavey:

Siyasema
May 27th, 2004, 11:33 PM
I know I feel the same way too........Dick enberg always praise the sisters for what they have done for tennis and what tremendous young women they have grow up to be, for both sister don't care what these commentors say about them I know the rest of the women commentors don't praise them, but that's ok because the Williams sister are doing what they want to do in life and maybe that makes them a bit jealous because when they were playing tennis they did not know what the hell they are going to do in life..........look at all of them played tennis and know commentors for tennis.....that says it all, you think the sisters going to behind some sport desk after tennis........nooooooo way, once they off the court, that will be it.........they will lead their other life with new careers...........and for that I will always praise them for that. because they are 2 smart young women.
:worship: Great post.

Infiniti2001
May 27th, 2004, 11:39 PM

:worship: :worship: