PDA

View Full Version : Weird question: Does anyone miss Kim Clijsters?

Spunky83
May 27th, 2004, 08:00 PM
It just came to me when I was watching Lleytonīs match Highlights and Kim was there cheering for him and suddenly I started to miss her! Thatīs even weirder cause I am a Justine fan, but at that moment I was really thinking:"Itīs a pity that she isnīt there." This FO is so weird, I needed a friendly face;)

I canīt believe it that I say this, but I miss her. :sad: (maybe itīs just because of Justineīs loss).

Does anyone feel the same?

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM
This French has had so much excitement already, I haven't had time to miss her. :o

Eurotennisfan
May 27th, 2004, 08:02 PM
so true

fifiricci
May 27th, 2004, 08:03 PM
This French has had so much excitement already, I haven't had time to miss her. :o
WTF, I agree with you and I AM a Kim fan :lol:

Helen Lawson
May 27th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Kim's fans aren't a bunch of turds and do posts every five seconds about her when she's gone. I miss her kind of, I am more of a Justine fan.

DelMonte
May 27th, 2004, 08:07 PM

same here. so much has happened and so much more is likely to happen, i haven't had time to think about kim. but when i saw her picture earlier today, it did make me miss her. hope she'll be back healthy and fit by wimby.

per4ever
May 27th, 2004, 08:08 PM
true :o

Cariaoke
May 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM
:shrug: I've missed Kim but she's my third fave. I have my #1 and #2 players still in the tournament. I love her to bits though. :hearts:

Sofiane
May 27th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I miss here, I am cheering for Mary Pierce, the the Capster then Serena in her absence.

SJW
May 27th, 2004, 08:26 PM
i miss her :)

Come-on-kim
May 27th, 2004, 08:30 PM
I miss her a lot :sad:

Kim_for_number_1
May 27th, 2004, 08:33 PM
i miss her a lot too,
thank god there's still men's tennis :-)

Slumpsova
May 27th, 2004, 08:47 PM
yeah i know how you guys feel. really miss her. when i read her diary on the website i almost cried:sad: . she should be here, i mean when Justine is out, Amelie is nervous, Kim should take this chance to win RG. too bad that she can't show up:( .

i didn't see Lleyton's match but it'sgreat to know Kim is in Paris now. maybe i can see her in the next match:D .

silverwhite
May 27th, 2004, 10:15 PM
WTF, I agree with you and I AM a Kim fan :lol:

Funny. I'm NOT a big Kim fan (although I quite like her) and I miss her. :lol:

CapFan#1
May 27th, 2004, 10:26 PM
I miss her big time. Come back soon Kimmie!!!!

Cersei
May 27th, 2004, 10:27 PM
i miss her

faste5683
May 27th, 2004, 10:34 PM
How could you not?

:wavey:

Bezz
May 27th, 2004, 10:35 PM
I miss her loads, but will hopefully see her at wimby!!!

Yonge
May 27th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Of course I miss her, especially now that Justine has been upset. The title could very well have been hers.

Get well soon Kim.

flyingmachine
May 27th, 2004, 10:50 PM
I'm not a Kim fan but
I do miss her. :o

Kuti Kis&Monica
May 27th, 2004, 11:06 PM
I don't miss her at all, but it would be nice to see her competing too. But i can't say that i thought once since monday "Damn, this open is so boring, if there would be Kim, that would bring so much fun." That's not the case.

beauty_is_pink
May 27th, 2004, 11:34 PM
i miss her.. :sad:

come back soon Kim!!!

selesfan
May 27th, 2004, 11:36 PM
I miss her. I hope she gets well soon!:)

Siyasema
May 27th, 2004, 11:38 PM
She is on the mind more so in the fact that she isn't here then if she were to have been playing at Roland Garros for me. She brings something to the game that is missing right now and I hope she returns very soon.

Celeste
May 28th, 2004, 12:41 AM
One thing is certain, the players don't miss her!

Rub
May 28th, 2004, 12:55 AM
i miss her a lot... but she should cut down some time watching lleyton's matches... she's playing more and more like lleyton which is not so good... she should try watching federer!

Mad-About-Venus
May 28th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Now you all know what " we " went through for months.. and months... and months...

it's tough ah??

tennischick
May 28th, 2004, 01:31 AM
i found myself thinking of her today but not bec of the Potato. i was wondering how she would have fared against some of these new and clearly improved players who are challenging the likes of Serena, Jen, Justine, and Venus.

Tennisace
May 28th, 2004, 01:34 AM
The longer she is out of the game, I know for a fact she will come back hungry to win and hopefully both the rest and absence from the game will bring her to the next level, the level she needs in order to get those Slam titles :D

LindsayRocks89
May 28th, 2004, 01:43 AM
not really, but it will be good for the tour when she returns

AnDyDog621
May 28th, 2004, 02:02 AM
I miss her spilts...it was such a nice thing to see, especially on clay

Hawk
May 28th, 2004, 02:14 AM
I miss her terribly :sad:

It wasn't so bad till the French Open started then I really started to miss her :( Just her luck that she's hurt when the draw seems unstable at best :sobbing:

*sigh*

"Topaz"
May 28th, 2004, 02:15 AM
i was wondering how she would have fared against some of these new and clearly improved players who are challenging the likes of Serena, Jen, Justine, and Venus.Same here. BTW, the last good image I have of her was last August in Toronto where I saw her up close. If anything, I miss her positive attitude even in defeat.

tennischick
May 28th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Same here. BTW, the last good image I have of her was last August in Toronto where I saw her up close. If anything, I miss her positive attitude even in defeat.wow. you were in Toronto last August too? wait, stupid question, you probably live there! ja ja ja.

anyway i was also in TO last August and caught Day 1 of the Rogers Cup and only bec i was in town for a conference which ended the day before but i messed up my flight booking (mainly bec i handled it myself :o ) and ended up being stuck there one day more. and so i happened upon Day 1 of the Rogers. unfortunately i did not see La Clijsters. I saw Mo Drake tho' (in all her eccentric and losing glory), and then the heavens opened and it didn't just start to rain, it started to pour. and rain seeped thru every part of the stadium, even thru the areas of "shelter" and everyone got soaked. and play got canceled for the day. but i did get to see a couple of interesting matches before the deluge.

but we were speaking of Clijsters weren't we? :devil:

Carolina Girl
May 28th, 2004, 02:29 AM
i miss her:sad: KIM!

New
May 28th, 2004, 02:39 AM
It is weird not seeing Kim around... but she'll be back and strong for Wimbledon! :bounce:

Rocketta
May 28th, 2004, 02:51 AM
I'll be honest haven't really thought of her until I saw this thread but I hope she gets healthy and comes back strong. I want all the big dogs at their best for Wimbledon and the US Open...

kyk710
May 28th, 2004, 03:09 AM
I don't miss her... But I want her to get healthy and come back soon.

Stefwhit
May 28th, 2004, 04:00 AM
I miss her lots and lots, it's that feeling that something is missin' but you can't really put your finger on exactly what it is, then all the sudden it occurs to me- it's Kim. My hopes of Serena playing Kim in a GS final will just have to wait a while...

SilviaFan
May 28th, 2004, 04:03 AM
I don't miss her at all!!!

vutt
May 28th, 2004, 05:56 AM
I miss her to...

xin_hui
May 28th, 2004, 06:18 AM
i miss her:sad:

Greenout
May 28th, 2004, 06:36 AM
I do now. I never realized how important Kim is to Justine's success rate.
She needs Kim to push her. I thought it was Serena that get's her goat
and makes her try harder. Carlos always goes on about Venus and Serena.
The truth of the matter is that in dynamics, it's Kim that is the Yin/Yang
to their unusual relationship. I don't think they like each other much; but
there's something underneath it all. The pressure of the locals,and the
interesting history of Belgium, and everything else that can't be denied
in how and why they both strive for greatness. It works both ways too,
Kim needs Justine as much in terms of attaining her goals. They
always say hometown/country rivalries are deeply rooted into something
more personal than other versions.

Come back Kim, and let's see an all Belgian final at WIMBLEDON 2004.

tfannis
May 28th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Terribly :sad:
Before Kim and Justine came on the scene, I was this overall tennisfan...but now Kim hasn't played for weeks, I didn't care for women's tennis anymore :confused: I heardly know who won tournaments the last couple of months (besides Amelie, I know she won the biggies) :o
And I have this feeling she won't make Wimbledon or that if she makes it, it's gonna be over in one or two matches... can't wait for the hard court season :(

sarza
May 28th, 2004, 08:58 AM
oh i miss her so much :sad: get better soon kimmie cannot wait for you to come back :)

Hagar
May 28th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Miss her heaps, but Roland Garros still interests me. Some big guns are still around and must smell their chance with Justine already out.
Lindsay, Jennifer, Venus, Amélie, Serena... all know that that trophy is within reach.

tennnisfannn
May 28th, 2004, 09:38 AM

Come back Kim, and let's see an all Belgian final at WIMBLEDON 2004.I tend to agree. Kinda like venus and serena, they seem to feed off each other and one's success inspires the other. You know this may sound spooky but you can almost relate the williams success to the belgians. Serena to justine, Kim to venus. See how serena won her first slam when Venus was supposed to do it first. Kim seemed to have been the more logical Belgian but justine beat her to it. The party may be over for justine for now. Venus was out for six months with wrist injury, came back, had a few losses before she strung together a couple slams and repeated the next year. Kim out with wrist injury will be back and when she finally hits form, she will string quite a few. I just feel like Venus and kim will be making alot more noise this year and next .
Justine and serena have operated at an exceptionally high level this last couple years and that can be difficult to maintain consistently, they too will be back but they will have to deal with their respective nemesis first.
To answer the thread i love a slam where everyone is present. An upset is not to bad if aplayer is out played but i don't like it when it happens coz a player is under prepared due to illness or injury.

angele87
May 28th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I miss her a lot :sad: I've been missing her since she got injured but it just kind of hit me now. For the past couple of months I've just not paid much attention to women's tennis since it was of no particular interest to me but now with the slam and Lleyton playing, it's kind of hard to not think about Kim playing and to not miss her :( But I'm glad she's out supporting Lleyton though cuz at least we get to see her :)

Lyn
May 28th, 2004, 03:43 PM
I miss Kim!! Hope she will recover from her injury and come back strong!!

Experimentee
May 28th, 2004, 04:03 PM
She hasnt been gone long enough to miss her! Its only been a couple of months! I REALLY missed Serena and Venus when they were both out longer than 6 months!

Experimentee
May 28th, 2004, 04:06 PM

Come back Kim, and let's see an all Belgian final at WIMBLEDON 2004.

I dont think Justine lost because Kim wasnt there, it was more because she didnt have enough matchplay on clay. Kim being there or not didnt affect it.
I also disagree with people who say Venus and Serena need each other, obviously they dont if they never play the same tournaments apart from Grand Slams and still keep winning them.

Havok
May 28th, 2004, 04:30 PM
I seriously didn't even notice she was gone :haha:

Slumpsova
May 28th, 2004, 04:34 PM

you should b/c Kimmie always plays every tournaments in the world;) .

ans
May 28th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I don't get the joke.

I hope Kim'll be back by Wimbledon. Tennis is quite boring to me without Kim or Justine.

Havok
May 28th, 2004, 04:47 PM
it wasn't a joke, I just found it amusing that I didn't realize she wasn't here playing RG. I do hope she comes back though, we need all the top women playing.

daniela86
May 28th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I miss her so much :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

WorldWar24
May 28th, 2004, 05:55 PM
It just came to me when I was watching Lleytonīs match Highlights and Kim was there cheering for him and suddenly I started to miss her! Thatīs even weirder cause I am a Justine fan, but at that moment I was really thinking:"Itīs a pity that she isnīt there." This FO is so weird, I needed a friendly face;)

I canīt believe it that I say this, but I miss her. :sad: (maybe itīs just because of Justineīs loss).

Does anyone feel the same?

wow now you mention it, I had totally forgotten about her :angel: And I like Kim a lot, but it just happened... so I guess I didn't miss her much coz the tournament has been having such huge upsets, and is so interesting at the moment :bounce: Sorry Kim :angel:

Lien
May 28th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Terribly :sad:
Before Kim and Justine came on the scene, I was this overall tennisfan...but now Kim hasn't played for weeks, I didn't care for women's tennis anymore :confused: I heardly know who won tournaments the last couple of months (besides Amelie, I know she won the biggies) :o
And I have this feeling she won't make Wimbledon or that if she makes it, it's gonna be over in one or two matches... can't wait for the hard court season :(
the same for me