PDA

View Full Version : NBC Releases Roland Garros TV Schedule

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 07:44 PM
NBC Releases Roland Garros TV Schedule
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/Roland-Garros.jpg
By Tennis Week
05/27/2004

NBC launches its 17 hours of Roland Garros coverage starting Saturday at noon Eastern time and continuing on Sunday at 10 a.m. Eastern with what the network promises will be "live action."
ESPN billed its coverage as live though the network showed very little live tennis until yesterday when it unveiled its most comprehensive coverage of the tournament with a largely live telecast that included top-seeded Justine Henin-Hardenne's upset loss to Italian Tathiana Garbin, third-seeded Amelie Mauresmo's second-round victory and second-seeded American Andy Roddick's second-round setback to Frenchman Olivier Mutis.

Host Ted Robinson accompanied by analysts John McEnroe and Mary Carillo with special reports from Tennis Week senior feature writer Bud Collins will call the action from Paris for NBC.

In 1975, NBC became the first American television network to provide coverage of Roland Garros when the network signed a three-year deal with the French Tennis Federation. The tournament was covered by CBS from 1980-82 and returned to NBC in 1983, where it has remained ever since.

NBC Roland Garros Schedule

Saturday, May 29th noon Eastern time Early Rounds
Sunday, May 30th 10 a.m. Eastern time Early Rounds live
Friday, June 4th 10 a.m. Eastern time men's singles semifinals live
Saturday, June 5th 9 a.m. Eastern time women's singles final live
Sunday, June 6th 9 a.m. Eastern time men's singles final live

Mrs. Peel
May 27th, 2004, 08:23 PM
perfect for memorial day weekend! rest, relaxation, ribs and tennis coverage on 3 stations!

Cam'ron Giles
May 27th, 2004, 08:30 PM
perfect for memorial day weekend! rest, relaxation, ribs and tennis coverage on 3 stations!
:worship:

You still love me? I am mad at you for going to see that mess..."soul plane" ...but it's alright...:kiss:

croat123
May 27th, 2004, 08:49 PM
i wish they would start earlier...

jmp
May 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the schedule, tennisIlove09.

Knizzle
May 27th, 2004, 11:42 PM

You still love me? I am mad at you for going to see that mess..."soul plane" ...but it's alright...:kiss:
Someone actually went to the movies to see that?? Everyone I know(including myself) has seen that ish on bootleg over a month ago.

Knizzle
May 27th, 2004, 11:43 PM
On the subject of the schedule, we aren't going to see Vee/Pierce live on Saturday. :fiery:

Mrs. Peel
May 28th, 2004, 12:31 AM

of course I love you! :kiss: Baby...Soul Plane was free along with all the free popcorn and drinks I wanted...it's the end of the month and I never look a gift horse in the mouth :o ...BUT..ahm :o believe me when I say, I can't get that 86 minutes of my life back :sad: and I am really sad about it...Soul Plane is a hot mess beyond the realm of imagination...:tape: :tape: :tape:

Mrs. Peel
May 28th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Someone actually went to the movies to see that?? Everyone I know(including myself) has seen that ish on bootleg over a month ago.
lol watching movies bootleg is as ghetto as that movie :o :p