Billabong
May 27th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Maria :sad:!

K-Dog
May 27th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Thank you GOD!!

Dava
May 27th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Well I didnt think at match point up, it would be MARIA who was attacking, greeat match, with great tennis, shame that Maria didnt win, cos she played so well and deserved to.

Spunky83
Óh, man this was terrific. I know that Maria played super great, but the hell, Serena just can´t wait for the mistakes of the opponent, like she did in the third. That just won´t work (though it did against Maria)...such a pity...

GermanBoy
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Kirilenko, you had the big chance... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lady
May 27th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Only thing I was asking Maria is not to lose this match, let Serena win it, but she didn't listen :sad:
Ok, Masha, you're only 17 ;)

Serena, so many unforced errors :eek: Not good ;) It'd be tougher if Maria had expierience

Spunky83
May 27th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I already thought that the Justine fans had to bond with the Serena-fans;)

maximus82
May 27th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Wowsa...i was hoping for the upset here, just because it'd be utterly crazy to have a women's grand slam without the top two seeds after 2 rounds.

'rena should crush Talaja next round though, Silvia is too inconsistent and is likely to make heaps of unforced errors.

carot
May 27th, 2004, 06:28 PM
This was such an entertaining match! :D Lovely. Congrats! :cool:

Kirilenko :sad:

DelMonte
May 27th, 2004, 06:28 PM
i'am taking my hat off to serena. WHAT A FIGHTER!!! :worship: :worship:

also congratulations to maria-- what a match she played!

wow. unbelievable. thanks girls for providing the most exciting/nerve-wrenching match so far.

DelMonte.

daniela86
May 27th, 2004, 06:29 PM
I am so sad because Masha could win it;she deserved the won!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Btw, congrats Serena :)

Libertango
May 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM
WOW magnificent match, so impressed by Maria, and so proud of Serena for coming through...lets hope they both build upon this performance,

The booing made me sad though :sad: :sad: :sad:

Mrs. Peel
May 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM
I hope this gets recapped tonight! I knew I should have set the damn timer!!! :mad:

katrientje
May 27th, 2004, 06:33 PM
It was the first time I saw Maria play and she played awesome! What a match for such a young girl :worship:
But still: well done Serena :)

7~ŒLêV3ñ½
May 27th, 2004, 06:33 PM
must have been a good match since there are more winners than the Unforced Errors from both side..

congrats Serena :bounce: ms Venus wants to see you in the semis :angel:

6.45PM
May 27th, 2004, 06:36 PM
good match. that kirilenko girl! wow! i think she has a new fan now lol.she played good tennis and could have beaten serena if she had the experience.i guess this is what caracterizes the best from the rest. they always have something in reserve.

Erdinger
May 27th, 2004, 06:38 PM
:eek: :eek: Maria, what a fight! :bowdown:

I saw the third set, and I'm really impressed. She shot some unbelievable winners. Even Serena clapped one time... :cool: She wasn't intimidated at all. With a little bit more luck she could have won it!

Well, Maria, we'll see you soon in the top 50!! :) :kiss: :wavey:

Whatzup
Pff too bad for Maria.. she played incredible.. and what is she a beautiful girs WOWW!!! :hearts: Congrats Serena :D

esquímaux
:lol: Serena was giving her the eye after some of those rallies http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Michael De Niro
May 27th, 2004, 06:41 PM
why couldnt i fucking watch this game?????????????/ when was it on???/

sarza
May 27th, 2004, 06:42 PM
wow what a great match :bounce: pity about the crowd but hey still a real good fighting spirited match :) a real joy to watch :)

maria :sad: :sad: :sad: but well done to serena :)

bandabou
May 27th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Well done babygirl!! Waaayyyy to tough it out! Serena´s movement is still pretty amazing I must say....and of course congrats to Maria the K as well. Girl played some GREAT tennis!!

Erdinger
May 27th, 2004, 07:06 PM
:lol: Serena was giving her the eye after some of those rallies http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif
LOL, yeah, but Maria didn't give a rat's ass and played on. :cool:

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Nice win Serena! Good fight in the third set!

On another note...it's great to see the double standards continue...

LindsayRocks89
May 27th, 2004, 07:43 PM
great win Serena, i was actually with her stats and how she played, Maria just played very well, good luck in the next round! :bounce:

!<blocparty>!
May 27th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Wow, i saw some of the second set but I had to go!
I was watching Fererro v Andreev, he played incredible, and I was hoping a similar win was goin to happen, but too bad, congrats to Serena, well kept together there.

Maria has another new fan!!!

mentos
May 27th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Nice win Serena! Good fight in the third set!

On another note...it's great to see the double standards continue...shoo, fly:p
now make it rain red dots.:hearts:

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 08:02 PM
.................................................. .................................................. ...........
.................................................. .................................................. ...........
Enough or do you want more?

SJW
May 27th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Sarah-hush up, you venus hata;) With these kids, it all comes down to experience- remember serena cholking away a few a few years ago.
joke about that all you want joy :rolleyes:

Serena still IS a choker...and she can't even choke right anymore...they're not very dramatic

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 08:15 PM
joke about that all you want joy :rolleyes:

Serena still IS a choker...and she can't even choke right anymore...they're not very dramatic
:confused: why is she a choker? she came back from 2-4?

SJW
May 27th, 2004, 08:17 PM
:confused: why is she a choker? she came back from 2-4?
not in this match. in general. thx.

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 08:18 PM
not in this match. in general. thx.
doesn't make sense. she hasn't choked a match since 01 LA, where Seles saved those mp's.

"Topaz"
May 27th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Serena is just marching on. Shaky steps, but on she goes. Next is Silvija Talaja's turn to cross fire.

the cat
May 27th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I am very impressed by Maria's all court game. :) But she has never played such a strong and fast player like Serena before and that had to take a toll on Maria as the match wore on. Serena stayed calm amd Masha made a few mistakes towards the end. But this was Kirilenko's first big match agaisnt a great player at a grand slam and her inexperience showed. I would have liked to have seen a few moonballs from Makiri in the third set to see if that strategy would have unnerved Serena.

Edward.
May 27th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Bad luck to Maria, she gave Serena one hell of a fight out there!

Congratulations Serena :)

ico4498
May 27th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Serena!

SJW
May 27th, 2004, 08:27 PM
doesn't make sense. she hasn't choked a match since 01 LA, where Seles saved those mp's.
um...k

G1Player2
May 27th, 2004, 08:31 PM
No, the last match Serena really choked was at the FO last year against JHH after being up 4-2 30-0 and in Rome a couple weeks earlier against Mauresmo...

She was up 6-1, 5-4 against Mauresmo and Mauresmo still took the match

silverwhite
May 27th, 2004, 10:12 PM

Maybe she was talking about matches like the one in Rome against Capriati where she fought back, had 2 BPs to go back on serve but lost that game to let Capriati win the match. :shrug:

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 28th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Congratulations, Serena!

Keep It Up!!