PDA

View Full Version : US, go home!

DelMonte
May 27th, 2004, 05:29 PM
OUCH!! This is a bit mean! Rubbing salt into a gaping wound!! :tape:

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNDU1cml1BF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-frenchopen&prov=ap&type=lgns

With Andy Roddick's loss Wednesday, no U.S. men reached the third round, the first time that's happened at a Grand Slam event in 31 years. Williams and Capriati were two of four top-10 American women still in the tournament.

``I guess it's up to us to keep America alive here,'' Capriati said. ``It's a different game out on the clay. For most of the American guys, it's difficult out there for them. For women it's more of an all-court game.''

L'Equipe, France's leading daily sports newspaper, ran a small headline Thursday saying ``U.S. Go Home.'' Written in English, the headline accompanied a chart comparing American results with other countries.

Eurotennisfan
May 27th, 2004, 05:36 PM
talk about up to the minure results!

Jarrett
May 27th, 2004, 05:56 PM
"U.S. Men Go Home" should be the title.

7~LV3
May 27th, 2004, 06:21 PM
OUCH!! This is a bit mean! Rubbing salt into a gaping wound!! :tape:

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNDU1cml1BF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-frenchopen&prov=ap&type=lgns

With Andy Roddick's loss Wednesday, no U.S. men reached the third round, the first time that's happened at a Grand Slam event in 31 years. Williams and Capriati were two of four top-10 American women still in the tournament.

``I guess it's up to us to keep America alive here,'' Capriati said. ``It's a different game out on the clay. For most of the American guys, it's difficult out there for them. For women it's more of an all-court game.''

L'Equipe, France's leading daily sports newspaper, ran a small headline Thursday saying ``U.S. Go Home.'' Written in English, the headline accompanied a chart comparing American results with other countries.

:lol: they put jen, ms Venus n Serena all in the same half... the best the america has to offer ..!!! FO is all about Politics i TELL YOU..!! :lick:

williamsfan
May 27th, 2004, 07:34 PM
How many French Champions do they have as of lately? :tape: :tape: