PDA

View Full Version : Relationship: Martina Hingis and her mother?

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I have to see this Hingis chin monster :rolleyes: each night on EUROSPORT. Highlight show, you know... Wondered what her relationship is today regarding her mother. I mean, Hingis was talented, wanted to play, was a so called "Wunderkind" and then problems with her feet forced her to retire. I never liked her but I would love to see her play again. I could accept her the last years when she was dominated by Jen, Lindsay, Serena and Venus... ;) :p

I know, "normal" people understand when a player is injured but are tennis parents "normal"? :confused: Look at e. g. Jim Pierce or Daddy Lucic! :rolleyes: And I have to admit I never trusted Melanie "I need a hairstyle" Molitor. There had been problems in their relationship the last years of Hingis being a pro, although everybody said Hingis would never be burned out... :rolleyes:

Do Hingis and her mother still talk to each other or does her mother "hate" her because I always had the impression Molitor wanted her dreams to come true with her daughter. That`s over now! What do they do now? :confused:

Does anyone know? :confused:

V-MAC
May 27th, 2004, 03:23 PM
:sad: :o damn i got excited there, thought this was going to be about incest.

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2004, 03:30 PM
This part of their relationship - if it exists :timebomb: - I am not interested in... :bolt: I have to get this picture out of my head.. :banghead:

apoet29
May 27th, 2004, 03:47 PM
From what I understand, Hingis and her mother have a pretty good relationship. Her mother just opened a tennis academy and Martina often works with the kids who train there. I think Hingis basically does her own thing and so does mom.

Helen Lawson
May 27th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I think Melanie's dreams did come true. Maybe she would preferred Martina to have had a longer career, but what else did Martina not really do? Melanie always said Martina was her daughter before her tennis charge, I have read nothing about bad feelings post-retirement. Martina is an adult now, I think she does her own thing. That does not mean there is a rift.

barmaid
May 27th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Martina has recently purchased a home in Hurden, Switzerland and has been busy renovating it. She lives there alone but boyfriend Stefan lives nearby where he operates a restaurant and sports shop (in the offseason as he's a ski instructor)..This is a lovely home situated near a lake and Martina just recently welcomed her mother who brought her over some cartons (probably trophies) because in an interview with a Swiss magazine, Martina said she is going to have a trophy room.:worship: So now, Martina finally has her independence but she still keeps in close contact with her mom and like some other poster said ...trains with some youngsters at her mom's new tennis academy!!:D :worship:

barmaid:wavey: