PDA

View Full Version : Hingis Looked Miserable, watching Venus....

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 02:03 PM
and Kostanic, as if she wanted to be out there Playing.
I know she misses the competition of it all.

and the One slam title she couldn't win.

Tompier
May 27th, 2004, 02:31 PM
It's normal She misses all the competition and taste of victory on court. many former players would love to comeback (just look at Navratilova :rolleyes: ). Agassi is still out there so strong and confident, it's a big part of their lives even after retirement.

MisterQ
May 27th, 2004, 02:34 PM
For all we know, she could have been miserable because her knee itched, or she was tired, or her breakfast was disappointing.

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 02:36 PM
For all we know, she could have been miserable because her knee itched, or she was tired, or her breakfast was disappointing.
I am miserable b/c your post was disappointing.:sad:

V-MAC
May 27th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I could go on about Hingis being jealous of Venus etc.....but i won't.

Martian Willow
May 27th, 2004, 02:38 PM
...I could go on about people being jealous of Martina...and I probably will, if you give me the opportunity by starting threads like this... :)

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I don't think she jealous. She may be a lil bitter b/c girls she use to compete with for slams are still out there playing. So if she's jealous, same holds true for Lindsay, Capriati, and Serena.

MisterQ
May 27th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I am miserable b/c your post was disappointing.:sad:

sorry to disappoint you... ;)

I just mean that we can't read too much into a few seconds of TV footage of a spectator. :)

I'm sure there IS a part of Martina which would still like to be out there, however. :)

!<blocparty>!
May 27th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Is she meant to smile and look happy throughout the match?

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 02:43 PM
sorry to disappoint you... ;)

I just mean that we can't read too much into a few seconds of TV footage of a spectator. :)

I'm sure there IS a part of Martina which would still like to be out there, however. :):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, knowing how strongly Martina feel against Venus, it's safe to say by the look on her face, she would love to be able to compete.

Tompier
May 27th, 2004, 02:48 PM

That's what I was waiting for. You stupid F***
I was watching an interview with Martina and She said "Venus is here and She will be definitely great and competitive"
So STFU :mad: coz you make me sick

Helen Lawson
May 27th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I was jealous as hell watching Anne Heche rehearse for the Anne Boleyn part. I was BORN to play Anne Boleyn but I am just not young enough looking any more.

I know how it feels, Martina!

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 02:58 PM
...I could go on about people being jealous of Martina...and I probably will, if you give me the opportunity by starting threads like this... :)
This thread was not about JEALOUSY, it was about seeing that she really would love to be competing.

Calm your nerve...if you want to respond the POSTER that brought up jealousy....do so, but don't attack ME!

The other option is, you don't have to post in here..

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I was jealous as hell watching Anne Heche rehearse for the Anne Boleyn part. I was BORN to play Anne Boleyn but I am just not young enough looking any more.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :lol: :lol:

u cracked me up with that one!
Anne He-She!

LindsayRocks89
May 27th, 2004, 03:01 PM
i think its that she sees the girls she used to compete with and beat(williams, Lindsay, Jen) and she probably does wish she could still compete, and its sad she can't

apoet29
May 27th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I think Hingis would love to compete too. However, she probably is physically unable to do so and considering how young she is that has to hurt.

However, if she was indeed that miserable, then there are a multitude of reasons for why she may feel that way and none of them may be related to tennis.

tennnisfannn
May 27th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I feel sad when her see Hingis in the stands. Her collegues are still out there playing and she should too. Maybe one day she will be completely healed and she can come back.
I would imagine staying involved with tennis is probably tougher on her than she lets on.

Greenout
May 27th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Maybe's she bummed because Justine went out. ;)

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Maybe's she bummed because Justine went out. ;)
Seeing that was her pick, she probably is bummed.

but I have to agree with Tennisfann, seeing her peers out there is probably getting to her more than she let on.

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 03:59 PM
I thought she looked great

Greenout
May 27th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Seeing that was her pick, she probably is bummed.

but I have to agree with Tennisfann, seeing her peers out there is probably getting to her more than she let on.

My honest opinion. I think Martina's got a huge conflict of
interest when she picked Amelie and Justine

a) Amelie and Justine are part of OCTAGON too.
b) ADIDAS is also Justine's sponsor.
c) She really softened up on Justine after doing that DOHA
ADIDAS promo clinic and PR pics with her.

Anyway- I suppose all former players are biased somewhat.

barmaid
May 27th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I feel sad when her see Hingis in the stands. Her collegues are still out there playing and she should too. Maybe one day she will be completely healed and she can come back.
I would imagine staying involved with tennis is probably tougher on her than she lets on.

We are all talking about a former #1 player who is working doing commentating and she is standing in the wings with a backpack on her shoulders, sunglasses on and squinting into the sun, the reason she does look unhappy I assume is because she has to squint bringing a frown to her face...I have seen pics of her at many other matches where she is laughing and happy...so one pic of her and she's jealous, unhappy, lamenting, cross, disturbed, uneasy, fretful and sad!:sad: :eek: :mad: :o :fiery: :tape: :p I DON'T THINK SO!!:hearts: :kiss:

barmaid:wavey:

Eurotennisfan
May 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM
My honest opinion. I think Martina's got a huge conflict of
interest when she picked Amelie and Justine

a) Amelie and Justine are part of OCTAGON too.
b) ADIDAS is also Justine's sponsor.
c) She really softened up on Justine after doing that DOHA
ADIDAS promo clinic and PR pics with her.

Anyway- I suppose all former players are biased somewhat.

Even people who have never held a tennis ball in their hands are bias...look at this board!

Greenout
May 27th, 2004, 04:06 PM
We are all talking about a former #1 player who is working doing commentating and she is standing in the wings with a backpack on her shoulders, sunglasses on and squinting into the sun, the reason she does look unhappy I assume is because she has to squint bringing a frown to her face...I have seen pics of her at many other matches where she is laughing and happy...so one pic of her and she's jealous, unhappy, lamenting, cross, disturbed, uneasy, fretful and sad!:sad: :eek: :mad: :o :fiery: :tape: :p I DON'T THINK SO!!:hearts: :kiss:

Maybe she wants to go eat lunch. Who knows! You guys
take everything way too seriously.

spencercarlos
May 27th, 2004, 04:09 PM
This thread was not about JEALOUSY, it was about seeing that she really would love to be competing.

Calm your nerve...if you want to respond the POSTER that brought up jealousy....do so, but don't attack ME!

The other option is, you don't have to post in here..
Hingis does not needs to watch Venus in order to miss tennis or not. I don`t know where the word Miserable matches on this thread or in Hingis`s wish or not to be playing competitive tennis. :rolleyes:

Billabong
May 27th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Hingis looked great:hearts:!

Grachka
May 27th, 2004, 04:23 PM
That's what I was waiting for. You stupid F***
I was watching an interview with Martina and She said "Venus is here and She will be definitely great and competitive"
So STFU :mad: coz you make me sick

:eek:

Tompier needs to be sedated, IMHO. Delirious ranting suggests that he is coming down with either Hingis fever or the plague.

cheo23
May 27th, 2004, 04:30 PM
HMMMMMMMMM My Opinion is that she Looked Very Stylish with her SunGlasses..and she's not not jealous at all and why would she..she did beat Venus head to head 9-8...LOL...GEt it Together People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rothes
May 28th, 2004, 03:10 AM
There is infinite reasons why Martina could be sad, looking melancholic, I have no idea on why it has to come down to jealousy all the time.

Martian KC
May 28th, 2004, 03:25 AM

AMEN!

Did anyone else figure out that it was sunny? :rolleyes: That was why she was squinting her eyes.

BlinX
May 28th, 2004, 03:26 AM
ugh i feel sorry for her.........:sad:

monicain
May 28th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Maybe she was scared by The Hulk.:cool:

barmaid
May 28th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I'll tell you who looked really miserable were the "Williams clan" watching the talented Russian youngster Maria Kirilenko almost winning her match against Serena..:p Venus looked miserable, Oracene looked worried and miserable:sad: but the bottom line is they were all :D smiling in the end. But sadly, the crowd instead of giving a standing ovation :worship: to Maria for her great play...and Serena for her great comeback...heaped a pile of "boos" against the Serena victory...very classless!!:sad: One more reason to be miserable!:mad:

Kart
May 29th, 2004, 03:38 AM
I was BORN to play Anne Boleyn
Why - do you have six fingers ?

esquímaux
May 29th, 2004, 03:46 AM
...or an elongated neck :)

ashwu
May 29th, 2004, 03:48 AM
i think she's just a little bit lonely... but she will be ok

heidi2
May 31st, 2004, 09:52 AM
HMMMMMMMMM My Opinion is that she Looked Very Stylish with her SunGlasses..and she's not not jealous at all and why would she..she did beat Venus head to head 9-8...LOL...GEt it Together People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
----------------
I totally agree with you cheo23 ! :worship:

MARTINA FOREVER !

Sam L
May 31st, 2004, 11:13 AM

It's ok Helen, Caelestia made a HORRIBLE Anne Boleyn, and everybody knows it.