PDA

View Full Version : Kveta Peschke = Kveta Hrdlickova

GoDominique
May 27th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I guess that most of you are probably aware of this, but neither Martina Hingis nor her male colleague nor German 'commentator' Bettina Schneider knew this, constantly referring to her as "young player", "no one knows her" etc.

Do your homework, idiots.

SJW
May 27th, 2004, 02:35 PM
:haha:

the funniest thing is didn't Martina beat her in the 3rd round on the way to the final one year?

Sofiane
May 27th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I guess that most of you are probably aware of this, but neither Martina Hingis nor her male colleague nor German 'commentator' Bettina Schneider knew this, constantly referring to her as "young player", "no one knows her" etc.

Do your homework, idiots.I am surprised, cause Martina Hingis, played her in close match at the US Open a few years back.

Princess Fiona
May 27th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Yes!! Chris Bowers on the Eurosport Highlights show was interviewing Martina Hingis and there didn't seem to be familiarity with Kveta there...

(I agree, Kveta does look a little like Zvereva :) )

GoDominique
May 27th, 2004, 02:38 PM
I am surprised, cause Martina Hingis, played her in close match at the US Open a few years back.
I guess she recognized her when she SAW her. But when asked about the name "Peschke", she had no idea. Besides, the English guy said "Pleschke" or something. :rolleyes:

GoDominique
May 27th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Ok :o Well I don't recall Hrdlickova playing much on the WTA since she has her new name.
True, this is only her 3rd tournament this year and since 2002.

But don't you think that, as a commentator and alleged "tennis expert", you should try to get some information about a player you have never heard of?

HectorMagnus
May 27th, 2004, 02:50 PM
True, this is only her 3rd tournament this year and since 2002.

But don't you think that, as a commentator and alleged "tennis expert", you should try to get some information about a player you have never heard of?

amen to that :bowdown: :yeah:

GoDominique
May 27th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Who said she was a "tennis expert" :tape:
I was more referring to the English guy and Madame Schneider. ;)

Dava
May 27th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Oh its her....I was going to say...

Mateo Mathieu
May 27th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Martina really say that?! :unsure:

Hantuchov
May 27th, 2004, 03:19 PM
:lol:

Grachka
May 27th, 2004, 03:30 PM
omg Eurosport and Martina :help:

Would the fact that Kveta was playing the main draw of the French Open not suggest that there might be a little more to her than "a player no-one has heard of". You would think she would recognise her :o

arn
May 27th, 2004, 03:48 PM
The same happened to Dominique when she changed her name from Monami to Vanroost, the eurosport commentators needed some time to figger that one out :o :rolleyes:

Beat
May 27th, 2004, 04:24 PM

bettina schneider sucks! especially her "jokes". and why does she always have to breathe so heavily when talking?

martina hingis is not doing too good a job, either. i mean, i understand her better when she speaks english than when she speaks german. oh dear. :o

Scotso
May 27th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Kveta's husband is HOT! I'm glad, she deserves it :hearts:

Eurotennisfan
May 27th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Kveta is hot also!

I had no idea when they said her name; but when they showed her I knew right away. And yes, Hingis played her a lot.

caramel
May 27th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Kveta's husband is HOT! I'm glad, she deserves it :hearts:
She has a hot husband, then I like her. ;) Too bad that Cappy beat her.

crazillo
May 27th, 2004, 07:51 PM
I like Schneider, but thats funny.

Habsudovafan
May 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Dutch television doesn't know her either An onbekende (=unknown) player gave trouble to Capriati!:eek: :eek: I can't really i'm surprised they talked about Garbin as a player they never heard of either....

Jakub
May 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I saw Kveta in Warsaw this year. She played there her 1st event after her injury. I didn`t have any problems with recognising her at all.

She is VERY VERY nice person. In my opinion the nicest player I have pleasure to talk with. It was so funny I said something to her in english but she replied to me in polish :eek: of course for me that polish sounded funny , she said : " You have to talk to me in polish "
lol I was shocked, however Czech`s is simillar to polish but she was so open to chat with me. She said she had learned polish from TV ;)

I met her next day, she remembered me and we started the conversation again (in polish of course).

All the best Kveta.

GoSandrine
May 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Mary Carillo filled us in. ;)

I remember her old name although I don't recall seeing her play. Apparently she's just back after recovering from knee surgery. She played a good match against Jennifer. Good groundies, nice drop shot, excellent forehand. Jennifer was just a bit steadier and came up with some great shots to win in two.

Kveta was very gracious with Jennifer (double pecks) :kiss: and yes her husband's a hunk. :drool: I like her.

jimbo mack
May 27th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Who said she was a "tennis expert" :tape:

:lol:

PointBlank
May 27th, 2004, 10:45 PM
2R Indian W. (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur2001/indi308.htm)Mar 18 2001 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova7-5 6-0
2R Moscow (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur2000/mosc285.htm)Oct 29 2000 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova6-0 6-1
3R Montreal (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur2000/mont274.htm)Aug 20 2000 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova6-1 6-4
1R US Open (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur1999/195.htm)Sep 12 1999 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova6-1 7-5
3R Roland Garros (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur1999/177.htm)June 6 1999 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova6-3 6-4

5 times and Martina still didnt notice :rolls:

hingis-seles
May 27th, 2004, 10:50 PM
:eek: I am shocked, Martina.

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 27th, 2004, 10:52 PM
i didnt know who she was until i saw her on court. i recognized her then

Scotso
May 27th, 2004, 10:53 PM
surprised Kveta didn't trouble her more than that...

SpikeyAidanm
May 28th, 2004, 12:31 AM
the English guy said "Pleschke" or something. :rolleyes:

Sylvia Pleschke (AUT), what happened to her...

GoDominique
May 28th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Plischke ;) she retired I think :(

- L i n a -
May 28th, 2004, 01:46 AM
I thought everyone knew that was Hrdlickova...

She retired a couple years ago...

She did a bunch of nothing after her '99 RG run... don't think she did much before either. I don't even think she was a red clay Tier V scrub.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 28th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Good to see Kveta playing well after her long injury :)

CC
May 28th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Apparently, Mary Joe Fernandez and the other one thought so too, because during the Capriati match they said something like, "she got married and we were calling her another "unknown" Capriati would have to face."

saphir1
May 28th, 2004, 06:45 AM

Äh, what are you talking about? I saw the match Capriati vs. Peschke live and Bettina Schneider said it so often that Peschke was formerly Hrdlickova that it was almost bothering, really!

caramel
May 28th, 2004, 06:53 AM
2R Indian W. (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur2001/indi308.htm)Mar 18 2001 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova7-5 6-0
2R Moscow (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur2000/mosc285.htm)Oct 29 2000 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova6-0 6-1
3R Montreal (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur2000/mont274.htm)Aug 20 2000 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova6-1 6-4
1R US Open (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur1999/195.htm)Sep 12 1999 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova6-1 7-5
3R Roland Garros (http://angelfire.com/space/wta/tur1999/177.htm)June 6 1999 M Hingis(1) - K Hrdlickova6-3 6-4

5 times and Martina still didnt notice :rolls:
Maybe Martina only remembers the "unknown" players who defeated her. :lol:

CooCooCachoo
May 28th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Aww Kveta 6-0 6-1 :( On my birthday too!

Good to see Kveta playing well after her long injury

Yeah.. it's really good to see her back in action :D

Xian
May 28th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I thought everyone knew that was Hrdlickova...

She retired a couple years ago...

She did a bunch of nothing after her '99 RG run... don't think she did much before either. I don't even think she was a red clay Tier V scrub.
Plischke was only a player to win the big matches with career wins over Novotna, Kournikova, Huber, Tauziat,Rubin, Sanchez-Vicario and Coetzer when they were top 10

GoDominique
May 28th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Äh, what are you talking about? I saw the match Capriati vs. Peschke live and Bettina Schneider said it so often that Peschke was formerly Hrdlickova that it was almost bothering, really!
I know. But in the beginning, she had no clue.
I guess she looked it up somewhere during the match, or someone told her. Then she mentioned it as often as possible to demonstrate her knowledge.

davidmario
Jul 21st, 2011, 03:42 AM
bumppp and now she won wimbledon. what a crazy career;)

Navratil
Jul 21st, 2011, 07:43 AM

RU kidding?? :lol:

Bettina Schneider was the worst commentator in EUROSPORT history. She was the reason why I switched to EUROSPORT INT.

So thanks, Bettina!

Bette anyways... ;)