PDA

View Full Version : Schnyder Defeated

Rothes
May 27th, 2004, 11:21 AM
You frustrate me Patty!!!!

You had oppitunity in the First Set :o To Much Breaks in your service when you were up a couple of points!!! All that work in the third and you blew it on your Serve!!! :o :mad:

Congratulations Saori San!!1

jack duckworth
May 27th, 2004, 11:22 AM
shes a lazy lump:)

Rothes
May 27th, 2004, 11:25 AM
It's not lazyness, not at all Jack. Her serve was in the Mid 50%, Just not good enough, Perhaps bolt it up another 10% and she might of sneaked through.

Tennisfan-Mtl
May 27th, 2004, 11:30 AM
I can't call myself a fan of Schnyder anymore. Sorry :fiery:

Veritas
May 27th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Congratulations Saori San!!1

Sumimasen, Shinobu chan desu yo :)

Sammm
May 27th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Don't forget that Shinobu IS a good player and a little fighter :yeah:

Rothes
May 27th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Arigatou, Ganbatte Shinobu !! I don't really want to Emphasise "yo" to much, I am saying it in a more melancholic way ;)

Greenout
May 27th, 2004, 11:38 AM
I like Shinobu; but I really wanted Patty to go far. I suppose
I'll say it again today. At least Patty's going out to a "nice" player
that I'm happy for.

jack duckworth
well Rothes...maybe im being a little harsh...im a fan of pattys..dont get me wrong:)...i think shes a very talented player...but sometimes when i watch her play..its like...o here we go..pattys got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...its as if its all too much an effort for her...and like some say...credit to Shinobu:)..she won

Rothes
Nihongo o Hanasu Koto ga Dekimasu ka?

Dava
May 27th, 2004, 11:42 AM
OMH SHINOBU :bounce:

People really underestmate how talented she is, and she seems to do so well all the time at the slams. Good luck in th next round, shes a player who ALWAYS enjoys herself on court and she so refreshing to watch.

As for Patty I feel bad, but she had a tough draw, and I though if Conchi wins she wouild loose to her, but I still wanted her to do well here...:sad:

Rothes
May 27th, 2004, 11:42 AM
well Rothes...maybe im being a little harsh...im a fan of pattys..dont get me wrong:)...i think shes a very talented player...but sometimes when i watch her play..its like...o here we go..pattys got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...its as if its all too much an effort for her...and like some say...credit to Shinobu:)..she won
It doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure out what was missing in her game, especially when I watched it....

Her serve was off, no excuses, Looking at the Percentage, to low for Patty..It was evident in the final game when Shinobu won the match, prime example. ALl other aspects of her game were generally well and pleasant, any fan of Patty would of seen that her serve was not on today, which is a major part of her game Patty Relies on.

Darran
May 27th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Dissapointing loss. Asagoe on clay is a bit of a gimme for someone with her capablities.

DelMonte
er...guys, how do you say 'sugiyama is down 0-4 in the 3rd set' in japanese? unbelievable. against ruano pascual of all people (no offence to her).

jack duckworth
whatever you say...im sorry i spoke now

Rothes
May 27th, 2004, 11:45 AM
er...guys, how do you say 'sugiyama is down 0-4 in the 3rd set' in japanese? unbelievable. against ruano pascual of all people (no offence to her).
I would love to answer that for you, but my Japanese Capabilities are extremely poor ;)

vutt
May 27th, 2004, 11:47 AM
So now all players I do care little bit more are out :sad:

Libertango
May 27th, 2004, 11:47 AM
WOW :eek: surprising result, but I'm sooooooo happy for Shin, another great win!! She really does seem to eprform well In GSs. In the last year she's beaten Hantuchova (twice) Schiavone, Maleeva and Schnyder :worship:

Onto round three!!!!!!! :bounce:

Veritas
May 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Nihongo o Hanasu Koto ga Dekimasu ka?

iie, mada mada desu :)

watashi wa nihongo no ichinensei desu yo :o

Rothes-san wa nihongo ga ojoozu desu ne.

Rothes
May 27th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Ok let me translate ;)

Your a first Year Student of Japanese??

Iie, Nihongo ga heta desu, GoNensei ni Nihongo o Benkyoushite Imashita. Nihongo o Tsumanrai desu, ga Boku no Tomadachi no Nihongo wa Nihongo o Oshiemasu! (Hope thats right)

Veritas
May 27th, 2004, 12:03 PM
hai, soo desu.

:lol: I understood about half of what you said there. So you've studied Japanese as a 5th year student?

Sumimasen, Oshiemasu to Tsumaranai to heta to benkyoushite imashita wa eigo de nan desu ka?

Rothes
May 27th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Suisu ni Sunde Imasu. Suisu-Doitsugo o hanashimasu :) Eigo to Nihongo o Benkyou Shiteimasu

Eigo wa Nihongo yori Yasashii Desu ;)

Ja Mata, Watashi wa Tenisu o Mimasu

Veritas
May 27th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Aa, soo desu ka? Watashi wa eigo to nihongo no daigaku no gakusei desu yo (dunno if that's the right way to say it).

Shukkudai wo mimasu. dewa, sayoonara :wavey:

*JR*
May 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Hhhhooopppp Shinobu!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

fammmmedspin
May 27th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Watching the score patty's fighting spirit was there - she won tight games a lot and pulled back from 5-1 to 5-4 in the third. Here serve was broken too often though and a look at her serve stats shows they were not good. With her AO serve stats she should have won. Today her serve was either injured or still sleeping in bed.

jan.
May 27th, 2004, 02:29 PM
congrats shinobu :), i wanted cochi to play patty :P

*JR*
May 27th, 2004, 02:41 PM
pattys got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...
I guess it was a day ending in the letter "y"! :devil:

Purple_Llama
May 27th, 2004, 10:24 PM
I didn't see the match,but I'm sorry to hear Patty went out.Oh well,there's always another tournament ;)

Celeste
May 28th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Petty Patty is a total mental case, it has held her back. She probably got a bad call or the other girl looked at her funny and it messed up her concentration. I never would say something like this if I hadn't witnessed her psychosis myself. She was probably thinking the whole match about meeting Conchita in the next round and didn't focus on the match at hand.

I have become a fan of Myriam, so at least she's in the third round. Myriam is my new semi-favorite player. Go Myriam!!!!

c2
May 28th, 2004, 01:47 PM
I feel a bit sad bout this..and I have to argue w/ the mental case comment... Patty's had a rough road.. abusive ex-coach, possibly abusive parents... the fact that she's come as far as she has in tennis is a testament to her ..

vogus
May 28th, 2004, 02:54 PM
I don't think Patty is a "mental case," but i agree a hundred percent that when she behaves obnoxiously toward others, it has a very negative effect on her tennis. She played terrible against Martinez in Charleston.

*JR*
May 28th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Petty Patty is a total mental case, it has held her back. She probably got a bad call or the other girl looked at her funny and it messed up her concentration. I never would say something like this if I hadn't witnessed her psychosis myself. She was probably thinking the whole match about meeting Conchita in the next round and didn't focus on the match at hand.

I have become a fan of Myriam, so at least she's in the third round. Myriam is my new semi-favorite player. Go Myriam!!!!
If you're looking for the new Suisse Miss, wait a few years (though she'll be in the Junior Draw next week). Her name is Timea Bacsinszky.