PDA

View Full Version : Jenn moves on 7-5 6-3

Robbie.
May 27th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Another tough match for Jenny, she was down 2-4 and break point for 2-5 in the first and that fought back.

A struggle, yes, but the stats don't look too bad at all. I'm guessing she met a qualifier running hot for the first few games and then got it together

Well done girl :worship:

*abby*
May 27th, 2004, 11:28 AM
well done jenny now get rested ready for the next round
anyone have any pictures???

Mateo Mathieu
May 27th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Kveta! :mad:

foreva lindsay
May 27th, 2004, 11:36 AM
well done, good win

GermanBoy
May 27th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I watched it LIVE! Not a great win but a win. I am not afraid of Jen going out soon because she played two opponents she didn`t really know. It is always the same, the top seeded players have difficulties in the first rounds because they have to get into a tournament, they don`t really know their opponents in the opening rounds and later when they face No. 9 - 16 seeds and everybody expects close matches they win easily. I think the first close matches will happen in quarterfinals with players like Jen, Lindsay, Mauresmo, Venus and Serena facing each other.

A must win for Jen and good to see she won! :bounce: I am pleased for today! :kiss:

bigshow21
May 27th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Great job Jen!!! Great news to start out the day. Good luck next round!!!

maryjane
May 27th, 2004, 12:05 PM
an other suffered win...i thought she needed an other third set...but in the last four games of the first sets jen played great.

Sportfan
May 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Whee congrats Jen well done.

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 12:59 PM
yea! Go Jenny! (what's up the tough matches!?))

HectorMagnus
May 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Vamos Cappy!!!! :yeah:

Mase
May 27th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Go ahead Jen, another tough one but you pulled through which is all that matters!!!
On to round three!!! :worship::bounce:

Yonge
May 27th, 2004, 01:50 PM
She was tested again, but she's not the only one having a relatively hard time advancing. Good job pulling it off Jen!

kerbear
May 27th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Awesome match Jenn! (especially the 2nd set ;)) That was easier than the last. Let's take Bovina/Groenefeld even easier :)

CapFan#1
May 27th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Slow start, but great finish!!!! Keep going Jenny!!!!!

*abby*
May 27th, 2004, 03:24 PM
i just watched her interview on the RG site and it was so cute she was chomping away on her gum and gave a cute little laugh when asked about the crowd!
what a woman!!!

*abby*
May 27th, 2004, 03:27 PM
also lol this guy asked her if she was surprised that shes had a few jerky matches considering the great week she had in rome and she was like NO looking a bit confused i thought it was funny lol

Hulet
May 27th, 2004, 03:31 PM
:yeah: Jenn.
Keep building the momentum. :)

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
May 27th, 2004, 05:37 PM
The first set was a little scary, but the second was great!! Good Job Jen keep it up into round 3!!!

6.45PM
May 27th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Congrats Mademoiselle Capriati :D

ico4498
May 27th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Q. Speaking of America, could you talk about America and Jennifer Capriati, the Olympics. What are your hopes, your thoughts on that?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Yeah, I mean, I really haven't thought about it too much. You know, as it gets closer, kind of right now I'm just so focused on my game and trying to improve things, just try to play better tennis, to even see if I'll even make it, you know, in the Olympics basically to be chosen.

You know, I haven't made any decision yet on what you would do, if I would for sure go. It's something I really haven't thought about. I think it's something we've got to wait and see what happens, too. .

Q. Last week, Lisa Raymond was poignant in talking about how she and Billie Jean had healed their relationship after a tough go. Is there a chance in the near future you might play Fed Cup again?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Never say "never" or "no" to that. You know, when it comes, the decision to make, I'll make it then. I'm not ruling it out.

Q. Have you had any contact with Zina at all?

JENNIFER CAPRIATI: Not yet.