PDA

View Full Version : Does LD really have a shot at the title?

JustinSteffi
May 27th, 2004, 04:47 AM
She's looking pretty good and with JH out, it's looking more possible???

Mr_Molik
May 27th, 2004, 04:51 AM
i think she has a good shot at beating mauresmo in the qfs (if they both get that far) seeing as shes already beaten her twice this yr and once on clay
winning the whole title, i dont think so but anythings possible

Gowza
May 27th, 2004, 05:00 AM
yeah i think she does but i think a big test for her will be dementieva. if dementieva is playing well then lindsay might have some trouble against her.

xcrtbckhnd
May 27th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Lindsay can do very well here, and I would love to see her get past Momo and make the semis and then finals. Lindsay is always underrated on clay and she has the game to take anyone out. She is being ignored as usual in this tournament and that's exactly where she likes to be. Watch out because Lindsay has got plenty of game to beat everyone in her section of the draw. Could be a Davenport vs Williams final?

Chance
May 27th, 2004, 05:11 AM
next up is Marissa Irvin... that could be interesting.

xcrtbckhnd
May 27th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Marissa is playing great and I'm so happy to see her making it through qualis and getting this far. I don't think Lindsay will have many problems getting past her though, but then again I thought the same thing about Claudine Schaul..... I expect Lindsay in 2, something like 2 + 3.

switz
May 27th, 2004, 05:32 AM
lindsay playing at her current level probably doesn't, but the reality is that she is in a weak arse half of the draw, where the there are no genuine threats in the top quarter and a nervy amelie in her quarter. we all know that lindsay is a player who can snap into form at any time and take anyone out. i don't think she will win, but i wouldn't be shocked to see her sneak through to the final or something.

LindsayRulez
May 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I would give anything to see her win it all, honestly. But even if she makes it to the quarters, semis or finals, then I will consider that a sucess for this year's French Open.

mauresmofan
May 27th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Of course she has a chance to win the title. She hits the ball so well and for the first year that I can remember she seems patient on the slow stuff!

Sportfan
May 27th, 2004, 11:54 AM
I believe Lindsay has a very good chance of going all the way her side of the draw has some good players but if Lindsay is playing well she can get past them with relative ease.

per4ever
May 27th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I don't see Lindsay beating Serena or Venus.. if she would manage to get to the final (which I doubt) it will end there.

*Jool*
May 27th, 2004, 12:09 PM
I think she can go to the final but if there's one Williams in good form, it will be hard !
If someone beats the sisters(s.o like Conchi for instance ;) ) she has a good chance.
It wd be a good tournament if she goes to QF but i hope she'll beat Mauresmo.
Good luck Lindsay !!