PDA

View Full Version : Mary Joe on espn

moon
May 26th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Before Justine's match:
Henin says she's only at 75%.. but as good as she is on clay, that may be all she needs to win this championship....

After Justine's match:
Well she said she was at 75%. That just goes to show you, you have to be at 100% to win every match these days.

:lol::lol::lol:
nice way to backtrack Mary Joe!

Knizzle
May 26th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Mary Carillo said the first quote. Did Mary Joe say it too??

moon
May 26th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Mary Carillo said the first quote. Did Mary Joe say it too??
yep. I guess it was well know that Justine was at 75%. ;)

Rocketta
May 27th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Well you have to cover all your bases, don't you. :lol:

I have to say I saw MJF and her daughter at Charleston and they were so cute together. :hug:

Knizzle
May 27th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Well you have to cover all your bases, don't you. :lol:

I have to say I saw MJF and her daughter at Charleston and they were so cute together. :hug:
Idol is on and LaToya just gave an outstanding performance.

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Nah-Nanny-Nah-Naaahhh!

Foot_Fault
May 27th, 2004, 12:09 AM
yeah LaToya was AMAZING!:worship:

Celeste
May 27th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I've said it before, and I will say it again. It's obvious who Mary Joe had to fuck to get that position with ESPN. I still don't know what Pam did, sex was obviously not involved. Maybe she sold her soul to Satan. One can only hope those maternal hormones kick in and she leaves commentating forever. Evert was horrible, but at least she had some credibilty with her record and spoke of great matches she played. I have written ESPN twice about how terrible Mary Joe and Spam are, but nothing changes. I really like Kat from the Tennis Channel, it's not real deep but she keeps it simple and doesn't play any favorites. Mary Joe and Spam aren't deep either, at least Kat isn't annoying and is likable.

Knizzle
May 27th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Katrina Adams is worse than Mary Joe. By FAR!!

Celeste
May 27th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Kat is not offensive, that is my point. I'd rather have someone who takes no position than take one and then backtrack like two games later. Plus, Kim must have gone down on Mary Joe the way she works her into every conversation in a glowing light. Please! Kim isn't even playing some match and Mary Joe is talking about her. Kim is nice, but lay off! I want hear about Kim in a Kim match, not when two other girls are playing.

Knizzle
May 27th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Kat is not offensive, that is my point. I'd rather have someone who takes no position than take one and then backtrack like two games later. Plus, Kim must have gone down on Mary Joe the way she works her into every conversation in a glowing light. Please! Kim isn't even playing some match and Mary Joe is talking about her. Kim is nice, but lay off! I want hear about Kim in a Kim match, not when two other girls are playing.
I understand you.

dreamgoddess099
May 27th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Katrina Adams is worse than Mary Joe. By FAR!!
I agree. She is retarded.

Rocketta
May 27th, 2004, 12:51 AM
why u rubbing it in? U know I can't watch until 10 pm? :fiery:

:lol: J/k!

I'm nervous and I'm not even watching it....:scared:

Rocketta
May 27th, 2004, 12:54 AM
:spit:

That was hilarious! :wavey:

However, I agree with you that MJF is too close to Kim to be impartial or she needs to just learn how to bite her tongue when it comes to Kim. :shrug:

Knizzle
May 27th, 2004, 12:57 AM
:spit:

That was hilarious! :wavey:

However, I agree with you that MJF is too close to Kim to be impartial or she needs to just learn how to bite her tongue when it comes to Kim. :shrug:
She's good friends with LD also. She spoke for LD and told everyone that she was upset about Vee getting her special seeding.

moon
May 27th, 2004, 01:08 AM
I would take Pam or Katrina Adams any day of the week over Mary Joe. At least Pam is funny, and has a sarcastic sense of humor. Mary Joe just reminds me of one of those teachers in high school who puts me to sleep every time she starts talking. Seems like everything out of her mouth is blah blah blah, and she's just talking to hear her own voice. Katrina is a little bland, but she comes off as unbiased, which I don't mind at all. Plus I think she might have just started announcing... I think she'll get better. or at least I'm hoping.

I can't wait to hear what her opinion is on Vee's #9 seed if she wins the tournament. :lol:

dreamgoddess099
May 27th, 2004, 01:09 AM
She's good friends with LD also. She spoke for LD and told everyone that she was upset about Vee getting her special seeding.
I bet Lindsay wasn't so upset about the injury ranking system when she benefited from it in 2002. :tape:

moon
May 27th, 2004, 01:14 AM
I bet Lindsay wasn't so upset about the injury ranking system when she benefited from it in 2002. :tape:
It wouldn't surprise me at all if MJ wasn't exagerating the situation a little, just to make things interesting. anyone would be annoyed by the situation, it would be only human. I can't see why Lindsay would be that "upset" by it. Anyone can see the handwriting on the wall. The same will probably happen at Wimby.

WF4EVER
May 27th, 2004, 01:40 AM
I was really annoyed by Mary Joe's comments at the start of the Venus match. In fact I thought she was quite hypocritical and contradictory.

She ranted that Venus had only managed QF appearances in her first couple of tournaments and she thought the seeding should have been given to someone who had performed better. Clearly she was favouring Lindsay but she forgot that Venus, going into the French Open was 15-0 on clay which was what the FO is played on anyway. Duh, MJ!

Lindsay might have played better overall, I don't know, but since the FO is on clay what other considerations would the French organizers have to make? She is well aware that Venus has been injured chronically since her comeback but she's acting like she was just fine but just sucked. Everyone knows that Venus' ranking was due to injury so why doesn't she deserve the same courtesies extended to Lindsay after her return from injury? MJF seems to have either a short memory or a selective one.

Based on the criteria she named Venus was quite deserving of the seeding. I just think that her friendship with LD is her motivation for her bitterness (a.k.a bitching) and not LD deserving it more. Cliff sure wouldn't let it rest, tho. I think MJ was a tad ass***ish in this particular instance. Sometimes I wish there was an alternative means of commentary than hearing these bi-assed views all the time.

Gryffindor80
May 27th, 2004, 02:43 AM
yeah LaToya was AMAZING!:worship:damned i love her, I wish she was in the final two so the battle for AI will be good.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040527/s/r986955071.jpg (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/en/081902americanidol&a=&tmpl=sl&ns=&l=1&e=26&a=0&printer=)