PDA

View Full Version : Can Petrova now reach the Semis and defend her points?

jonny84
May 26th, 2004, 07:44 PM
With Justine losing and out of the tournament - Nadia's quarter of the draw is open. Does everyone think that she can get to the Semis again?

Her 3rd round opponent is Marlene Weingartner. The last time they met Nadia whitewashed her!

If she makes it past her then she will either face Zvonareva or Sharapova. In my eyes it will probably be Vera, who she is able to beat as she did last year in the quarters.

She will then more than likely face Paola Suarez (who beat her recently in Berlin) - this will be a tricky match if it is her is she has to face her. If not Paola it could be Garbin (she has already knocked out JHH - so there is always that possibility).

Getting through Marlene, Vera/Maria Sharapova, and likely Suarez - will mean she gets to the semis.

Who thinks she can?

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Well the thing about Nadia is that she can beat any player out there. She can also lose to any player out-there. Hopefully she will win, as I like her a lot.

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 07:48 PM
With Justine losing and out of the tournament - Nadia's quarter of the draw is open. Does everyone think that she can get to the Semis again?

Her 3rd round opponent is Marlene Weingartner. The last time they met Nadia whitewashed her!

If she makes it past her then she will either face Zvonareva or Sharapova. In my eyes it will probably be Vera, who she is able to beat as she did last year in the quarters.

She will then more than likely face Paola Suarez (who beat her recently in Berlin) - this will be a tricky match if it is her is she has to face her. If not Paola it could be Garbin (she has already knocked out JHH - so there is always that possibility).

Getting through Marlene, Vera/Maria Sharapova, and likely Suarez - will mean she gets to the semis.

Who thinks she can?

I don't see any reason why Nadia, couldn't have opened her own draw up by dispatching justine.

Dava
May 26th, 2004, 07:50 PM
She has a chance for sure, but she will play either VEra or Maria and this time with the added pressure of playing a compatriot as well as having too many points too defend may takes its toll on her.

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 07:52 PM
She has a chance for sure, but she will play either VEra or Maria and this time with the added pressure of playing a compatriot as well as having too many points too defend may takes its toll on her.

I think that if she was going to let the pressure of defending points get to her...she would have not gone through the early rounds so easly. I just hope she stays healthy as she is known for being injured a lot. Although defending her points will be tough as I think she beat Seles last year in the second (or first) round and then went on to beat Capriati.

Vechelaux
May 26th, 2004, 07:56 PM
No she will lose before then. Thats what I think anyway. ;)

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 08:24 PM
I don't see any reason why Nadia, couldn't have opened her own draw up by dispatching justine.
true that!

Daniel
May 27th, 2004, 07:58 AM
yes , Petrova will reach the semis, and final and win the whole thing :yeah:

Gowza
May 27th, 2004, 08:25 AM
she has a chance

DelMonte
May 27th, 2004, 08:27 AM
she could definitely make it to the semis again but i am hoping that vera can stop her. :)

-Em-
May 27th, 2004, 08:46 AM
well she hasn't been doing that great lately...(i mean few last tournaments)

now she had lots of luck. but i hope this time it's gonna be VERA not Nadia... :) :) :)

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Jackson.
May 27th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Of course she has a chance, and frankly I'll be very surprised if she doesn't make the Semis..