PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Justine for trying.

"Topaz"
May 26th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Kudos to Justine for coming back and trying hard. Venus fans witnessed something similar with their fave at the beginning of the year. To play a successful power tennis game, you need power, timing, accuracy and proper shot selection (ie, when to deliver that power). These things take time to reconstitute after a layoff. While power alone can be rebuilt through exercises and practice, the other elements are really honed on the court, under fire. It seems to be only Serena manages sometimes to get it all in one go.

Those who say Justine should have relied on her clay-court skills should not forget that the addition of power to her game was what propelled her to prominence. She certainly doesn't want to change that knowing the rest of the year is all fast-court business.

Of course, Justine wasn't alone on the court today. Congrats to Tathiana Garbin on the biggest win of her career.

TP

(PS. I posted part of this elsewhere, and also made some klicking mistakes. Now, here.)

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 04:29 PM
yup! :)

malaye
May 26th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Very classy post TennisPower :kiss:

per4ever
May 26th, 2004, 04:34 PM
very classy post indeed :clap2:

Lady
May 26th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Some nice thread about Justine for a change! :) Thank you :kiss:

wongqks
May 26th, 2004, 04:38 PM
:clap2:

stijntje
May 26th, 2004, 04:53 PM
"Justine can depart her head held high. She came, she gave it her all in the defence of her title, but she just wasn’t fit enough. Next year will no doubt be a different story."

This is what's on the official Roland Garros website (www.rolandgarros.org (http://www.rolandgarros.org)). I thought this is a great way too to tell the story of Justine's loss today...
She wasn't 100% fit, but she gave it a try... Unfortunally, this wasn't good enough to beat an excellent Tatiana Garbin! She played a great match and she deserved this win.

I'm a huge Justine-fan and I'm a little disappointed, but you have to face the facts...

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Very classy post and thread :worship: