PDA

View Full Version : Will the winner have an asterix (*) next to her name

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 03:49 PM
With the WTA's undisputed clay court queen out of Roland Garros thanks to illness will the winner have an asterix (*) next to her name? Having help a match point against Amelie WHILE SUFFERING from a MAJOR infection tells us just how good this girl is on the dirt.

Mikey
May 26th, 2004, 03:52 PM
What?

Umm, no.

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Tjaa...seeing that queen of the clay already had a first round exit and that it has been like 9 years since anyone defended their RG title...uuhhmm, no! No asterisk. There are 2 former champions in the draw and 1 former finalists...been there, done that.

Mikey
May 26th, 2004, 03:57 PM
There are actually 3 former champions and 2 former finalists, but that's OK ;)

cheo23
May 26th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Exactly... J.Crap & SERENA have already won the FRENCH OPEN 2001 & 2002..so theres no Asterisk.GET IT TOGETHER!

Geri
May 26th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Tjaa...seeing that queen of the clay already had a first round exit and that it has been like 9 years since anyone defended their RG title...uuhhmm, no! No asterisk. There are 2 former champions in the draw and 1 former finalists...been there, done that.

There's 3 former champions - Pierce, Capriati and Serena. But you are right - no asterisk.

cheo23
May 26th, 2004, 03:59 PM
OH YA! My girl Mary PiERCE is the other Champion! LOL..2000..the year she defeated sucky Conchita Martinez ! Go Mary! Good luck vs. Venus in the 3rd Round if U beat that Gala whoever

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Forgot about Mary....sorry and Conchi of course is still there...

propi
May 26th, 2004, 04:04 PM
OH YA! My girl Mary PiERCE is the other Champion! LOL..2000..the year she defeated sucky Conchita Martinez ! Go Mary! Good luck vs. Venus in the 3rd Round if U beat that Gala whoever
Gala whoever:rolleyes: :tape: :tape: = Gala León García :)

Jasmin
May 26th, 2004, 04:08 PM
No asterisk on this one.

cheo23
May 26th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Doesn't matter..My girl Mary will Overpower Gala Leon GARCIA! GO MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

The Crow
May 26th, 2004, 04:13 PM
That asterix's stuff is BS. You can only beat the players that actually play (or that get that far in the rankings). However ;) you have to be consistent. I heard a lot of posters (a certain dinosaur comes to mind ;)) say that an asterix should have been put next to Justine's US Open and Aus Open, because 2 of the best players weren't there (or weren't in shape). Then the winner of this RG should have an asterix too: the 2 finalists of last year weren't in shape enough.

But again I think asterixes are BS. Kim's injured. Too bad. Justine lost. Tough. Not the winner of this tourney's fault.

propi
May 26th, 2004, 04:18 PM
No, never asterix: a player becomes GS champion by beating her rivals and being the best of the tourney :)

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:18 PM
That asterix's stuff is BS. You can only beat the players that actually play (or that get that far in the rankings). However ;) you have to be consistent. I heard a lot of posters (a certain dinosaur comes to mind ;)) say that an asterix should have been put next to Justine's US Open and Aus Open, because 2 of the best players weren't there (or weren't in shape). Then the winner of this RG should have an asterix too: the 2 finalists of last year weren't in shape enough.

But again I think asterixes are BS. Kim's injured. Too bad. Justine lost. Tough. Not the winner of this tourney's fault.

Of course it´s hard to put an asterisk when the player who lost has only one final and thus one title at the event and there are three players who won the event BEFORE she did are still in the draw?! Not comparable to the situation at the u.s. open...

The Crow
May 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Of course it´s hard to put an asterisk when the player who lost has only one final and thus one title at the event and there are three players who won the event BEFORE she did are still in the draw?! Not comparable to the situation at the u.s. open...
So from what situation do you put an asterix? :confused:

dreamgoddess099
May 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM
With the WTA's undisputed clay court queen
Well, she didn't win any titles on clay this year, so she wasn't the clay court queen this year.

dreamgoddess099
May 26th, 2004, 04:26 PM
So from what situation do you put an asterix? :confused:I never knew an * ever showed up besides anybody's name on the trophy. :lol:

Pureracket
May 26th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Actually, the asterisk should be next to the initial post for calling JHH the WTA's undisputed claycourt queen.

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 05:26 PM
With the WTA's undisputed clay court queen out of Roland Garros thanks to illness will the winner have an asterix (*) next to her name? Having help a match point against Amelie WHILE SUFFERING from a MAJOR infection tells us just how good this girl is on the dirt.

Undisputed? Let's see Serena's,Amelie, Venus have all beaten her on clay...sounds pretty disputed to me.... :rolleyes:

How many times has justine beaten Venus and or Serena on a hardcourt? Grass? Rebound Ace? Carpet? Ice? Mud? Shit on a shingle? :wavey:

Knizzle
May 26th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Actually, the asterisk should be next to the initial post for calling JHH the WTA's undisputed claycourt queen.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rocketta
May 26th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Let's say there is an asterick beside the name of the winner? Does anyone think the winner or her fans care? I know if it's Venus or Serena, I sure won't. :p

The same goes for Justine's fans...if the '*' talk actually effected your happiness for your fav, that's a shame...don't let it next time if there's a next time.

So bring on the '*' talk see if I give a damn if/when Serena or Venus wins....:devil:

Rocketta
May 26th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Undisputed? Let's see Serena's,Amelie, Venus have all beaten her on clay...sounds pretty disputed to me.... :rolleyes:

How many times has justine beaten Venus and or Serena on a hardcourt? Grass? Rebound Ace? Carpet? Ice? Mud? Shit on a shingle? :wavey:
ok, that's hella funny! :lol:

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 05:36 PM

DAANNGGG!!! :lol: :rolls: :haha:

fammmmedspin
May 26th, 2004, 05:40 PM
So from what situation do you put an asterix? :confused:any tournament in the last 20 years without Martina N, Chrissie, Steffi, ASV, Hingis or anyone you fancy in it.........

Given Jennifer, Venus, Serena and Momo/s current form 3 of those people might win the FO if they got WC.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
May 26th, 2004, 06:48 PM
That is the dumbest mother fucking thing I ever heard. Just because Justine got knocked out early doesn't mean anything. So what if she won it last year and did not make it far enought to defend it. She is out and thats it. It is just like any other person getting out. So what if she is #1 she lost so she is out. There is still momo, Lindsay, Serena, Venus, and my favorite Jen. That is still the best draw out there. You are stupid for saying that!!! Eww how dumb of a comment for real!!

Helen Lawson
May 26th, 2004, 07:38 PM
There is no asterik on the trophy, so no. No asterik appears on Oscars after they are engraved, either. I have never seen one like that, and mine does not have an asterik saying "ElizabethTaylor lost her husband in a plane crash one week before making the film you beat her out on." You know why? Because I won fair and square! And so will the broad who wins 7 straight matches in Paris. No excuses.