PDA

View Full Version : A RUSSIAN is almost CERTAIN to reach the semis!

Vass22
May 26th, 2004, 04:34 PM
With JHH out there is hardly anyone to stop Zvonareva/ Petrova from advancing forward. I doubt that Saurez, or Garbin can stop them.

What do you think about it?

PS: I hope it is Vera this time. she could use a push into th etop-10.

- L i n a -
May 26th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Meh... don't underestimate Paola.

But chances are pretty good we will see another Russian in a GS SF. :)

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 04:40 PM
could we have a surprise RUSSIAN Finalist? It is very possible.

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I hope it is Sharapova

Epigone
May 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Go Vera! I really want to see her achieve a good result, and finally break into the top 10. Then she might even crack a smile on court :).

*Jool*
May 26th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I think more of Sharapova and Suarez.

Knizzle
May 26th, 2004, 04:43 PM
With JHH out there is hardly anyone to stop Zvonareva/ Petrova from advancing forward. I doubt that Saurez, or Garbin can stop them.

What do you think about it?

PS: I hope it is Vera this time. she could use a push into th etop-10.
Suarez can beat them both. Petrova is not playing good ball right now. Vera is somewhat consistent, but nothing spectacular. Paola has beaten both before. Just beat Petrova in straights at Berlin.

Experimentee
May 26th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I think Jie Zheng has a chance to beat Garbin and/or Suarez. Shes playing really well right now, but i dunno if she'll hold up mentally.
Most likely it will be Petrova, looking at how Vera Z struggled today.

hewittrok
May 26th, 2004, 04:52 PM
It would be cool to see a Russian girl in the final, but i want Myskina to be in the final.

Spunky83
May 26th, 2004, 04:56 PM
It would be cool to see a Russian girl in the final, but i want Myskina to be in the final.

Yeah, me too! But I think it won´t happen, because of her draw and her clay court game... ;)

pav
May 27th, 2004, 07:09 AM
I think Jie Zheng has a chance to beat Garbin and/or Suarez. Shes playing really well right now, but i dunno if she'll hold up mentally.
Most likely it will be Petrova, looking at how Vera Z struggled today.

I don't think comparing Veras and Nadias ease of winning helps much, there is about 100 ranking points between Their opponents,You'd have to think Serna would have had a fairly easy win over Fedak

tennisIlove09
May 27th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Paola beat Vera on hard courts last year in Canada. She likes clay more.

Gowza
May 27th, 2004, 07:17 AM
sharapova is being so underrated at this tournament. she has crushed her first 2 opponents. when is she going to get some respect? i'm not saying she'll reach the semis or the final but i think she has a really good chance to beat vera and petrova and with justine out she could well win that QF match if she gets there.

i think vera, masha and nadia are the 3 most likely out of that section to reach the semis however suarez could also get thru.

CooCooCachoo
May 27th, 2004, 07:20 AM
I can only hope Suarez will stop them :)

Daniel
May 27th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Petrova or Vera Z

Jackson.
May 27th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Woohoo :D :D

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 27th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Go Mlle Sharapova!!

Good Luck, Masha!!