PDA

View Full Version : Henin and the Calendar slam.

henree
May 26th, 2004, 03:21 PM
It is too bad that Henin couldn't defend her slam win this year. It is devastating that this also could have been the year she could have not only won a calendar grand slam, but a Golden slam as well. She is a trooper though. And i bet as we speak she is training hard for the remainder of the year.
Now if Amelie doesn't take advantage of this opportunity, I will kill her. :drool:

oddkayla
May 26th, 2004, 03:29 PM
So you really thought Justine would win a calender slam? Or a Golden Slam for good measure?

azinna
May 26th, 2004, 04:41 PM
A calendar slam? Wow. Folks had high hopes for this girl. Well, it's good to believe wholly in your faves. I like to think that the hopes converted into positive vibes, which are received by the players that listen.

Now, if I can only get Marat to tune in for two consecutive weeks.......

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 05:16 PM
LOL

Imagine that, she just proved she doesn't handle pressure very well, and you thought she'd win The Grand Slam? :lol:

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Justine had about as much chance of winning the calendar year Grand Slam as Jennifer did three years; almost none.

dreamgoddess099
May 26th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Just to win four slams in a row (calendar or not) is a hard feat. There is a reason why only five players in WTA history have done it.

Mercury Rising
May 26th, 2004, 05:24 PM
LOL

Imagine that, she just proved she doesn't handle pressure very well, and you thought she'd win The Grand Slam? :lol:Are you an idiot? This is a rhetoric question btw.

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Are you an idiot? This is a rhetoric question btw.

You mean rhetorical?.....yeah i'm the idiot. :rolleyes: :tape: :lol:

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 05:42 PM
you are! :wavey:

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 05:44 PM
you are! :wavey:
And justine is packing for home LOLOLOLOL

minboy
May 26th, 2004, 06:56 PM
And justine is packing for home LOLOLOLOL

And you'll probably stay an idiot all life long while Justine will probably win other slams :wavey:

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 07:05 PM
And you'll probably stay an idiot all life long while Justine will probably win other slams :wavey:
And you will continue to kiss my ass while ur girlfriend slurps my knob.

minboy
May 26th, 2004, 07:11 PM
And you will continue to kiss my ass while ur girlfriend slurps my knob.

You 've just proved my point ( at least the first part )! Thank you :wavey:

pigam
May 26th, 2004, 07:18 PM
"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated" - George Bernard Shaw

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Wasn´t gonna win it anyways. Healthy or not healthy....doubt the williamses are gonna miss both again.

minboy
May 26th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Bandabou, don't you get bored of posting the same things again and again? Coz we sure do.

DeDe4925
May 26th, 2004, 08:15 PM
It is too bad that Henin couldn't defend her slam win this year. It is devastating that this also could have been the year she could have not only won a calendar grand slam, but a Golden slam as well. She is a trooper though. And i bet as we speak she is training hard for the remainder of the year.
Now if Amelie doesn't take advantage of this opportunity, I will kill her. :drool:
:lol: Are you kidding. H-H is good, but she ain't that good. She's never been a better tennis player than Venus or Serena on a good day. No way could she have won a calendar, career or golden slam unless all of the top players are not playing, and she never will. Sorry.

:wavey:

DeDe4925
May 26th, 2004, 08:17 PM
A calendar slam? Wow. Folks had high hopes for this girl. Well, it's good to believe wholly in your faves. I like to think that the hopes converted into positive vibes, which are received by the players that listen.

Now, if I can only get Marat to tune in for two consecutive weeks.......
:lol:

DeDe4925
May 26th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Don't bet the farm. For good measure, make sure Vee and Rena are injured. That will ensure it, cause she won't get away with the hand again. I can assure you of that. :p

My goodness, what goes around sure comes back around again, doesn't it? :tape:

anton
May 26th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Justine is not a great enough player with a well-rounded game like Steffi Graf to win a Grand Slam.

Face it, Justine won some of those slams because Venus and Serena were injured...

Foot_Fault
May 26th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Now if Amelie doesn't take advantage of this opportunity, I will kill her. :drool:JUSTINE will NEVER complete the Calendar Slam, she's just not good enough.

minboy
May 26th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Don't bet the farm. For good measure, make sure Vee and Rena are injured. That will ensure it, cause she won't get away with the hand again. I can assure you of that. :p

My goodness, what goes around sure comes back around again, doesn't it? :tape:

Sorry, for one second i forgot Justine has never beaten a WS, certainly not in a GS....................Oh , wait, she already did :tape:

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Bandabou, don't you get bored of posting the same things again and again? Coz we sure do.

Maybe...specially if you already know it, huh?! ;)

minboy
May 26th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Maybe...specially if you already know it, huh?! ;)

Already know what? That you're boring? I think pretty much everybody on this board has figure it out for a long time already.

Maybe you meant that the WS have a combined 8 wins at Wimby and Us open?. Look, i know it, everybody knows it. We just don't need to read your posts to know it. Coz it gets boring to read the same things over and over again. A board gets interesting when points are debated, when posters come up with new things to say, new opinions, ....... Repetition is boring by definition, and that's all you can do

P.S : putting a ;) at the end of a post doesn't make your point a valid one 'de facto'