PDA

View Full Version : Serena cheered, Capriati booed!

DannerCal
May 26th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Capriati said that the french crowd can boo you one day and cheer you the next. Is this just part of the fun for them?

Looks like both Serena and Jennifer have decided they will play their games no matter what happens w/ the crowd!

Would love to see them in the QTRS :bounce:

- L i n a -
May 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Well, with Jen's actions, it's almost like she wanted to be booed.

DannerCal
May 26th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Jennifer wears it all on her sleeve. I did not see the match but someone said that they were being really rowdy and routing against her. In the past this would have hurt her, and she found a way to use it to her advantage to get her "pumped up".

After last year, nice to see them being positive for Serena.

Mephisto
May 26th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Well, with Jen's actions, it's almost like she wanted to be booed.

That's totally true - she also made me rooting against her :fiery:

CapFan#1
May 26th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Made me cheer for her more!!!!! Those crowds there are way over the line, and it was good to see a player give it back to them!!!

cheo23
May 26th, 2004, 04:05 PM
YA..they really don't like her..especially last year against her match with Nadia Petrova..she's like "Just Shut UP so I can Concentrate On My MAtch U RudE ASS French People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Jasmin
May 26th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I don't even like Jen but I think it's so ignorant to boo someone.

hewittrok
May 26th, 2004, 04:27 PM
The french is the outspoken crowd in the slam events.

spencercarlos
May 26th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Honestly they are the worst crowd.. Basically once they Boo someone... it will last forever...
I remmember Arantxa getting Boo in 96 in her match against Barbara Ritner in the fourth round.. well it continued for most of that year Rg and the next ones as well. Even the year she won in 98 she was still Booed in most of her matches. Basically because of her moonballs...
Hingis definetly deserved to get Booed in 99, but not the next years, as she behaved way better, but still they kept doing that in most of her matches...
The same is applied now to Serena. :rolleyes:

williamsfan
May 26th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I watched the serena match and I didn't here any booing.

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 05:22 PM
In the Andy match they started to boo Andy just because he asked a ball boy for a towel while the other guy got his towel on his own.

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 05:23 PM
That's totally true - she also made me rooting against her :fiery:
AS IF! :tape:

Couver
May 26th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I'm with Jennifer on this one. I mean you can be the sweetest person throughout the whole tournament and they'll suddenly turn on you.

It'd be nice to put some of the people who boo on central court and see how they'd fair.

7~LV3
May 26th, 2004, 05:55 PM
go ms VEENUS... keep up the good work :)

Yonge
May 26th, 2004, 05:57 PM
In the Andy match they started to boo Andy just because he asked a ball boy for a towel while the other guy got his towel on his own.

I know! It's so ridiculous. They did that to Meghan Shaughnessy too.

DannerCal
May 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
I don't agree that once they boo you......Last year didn't they boo Serena during the Justine - hand - incident? This year they cheered for her...

faboozadoo15
May 26th, 2004, 09:37 PM
I'm with Jennifer on this one. I mean you can be the sweetest person throughout the whole tournament and they'll suddenly turn on you.

It'd be nice to put some of the people who boo on central court and see how they'd fair.
lol, love that idea!

poor meghan and andy-- jen (that little :devil: ) kinda brought that on herself. i can't wait for tomorrow to see what they'll do. it's day to day unless you're arantxa for some reason (i really don't know) or martina. the french crowd is moody; they love to play a part in the matches for some reason, and they are the most involved, though.

personally i think they like jenn too much and she won't have too many problems. andy faces a very hostile crowd everytime in paris-- something threatening about a good looking american guy i guess.
i still can't believe meghan was booed :eek:

GO JENN!

bigshow21
May 26th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Jen is fucking awesome!!!! If someone wants to boo her then obviously they don't know what great tennis is. Go Jen and keep fighting!!!