PDA

View Full Version : A Dubious First For Justine At The FO

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 03:37 PM
She is the first top seed to lose before the third round in the 79 year history of women's singles at the FO.

selesfan
May 26th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Really? I thought Steffi lost early one year also.

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I don't know about that, but I also know that this is the earliest a women's defending champion has lost since 1990 when ASV lost in the same round.

hollywood7172
May 26th, 2004, 05:38 PM
ah, always count on lizchris for all the factoids concerning any of the williams' rivals.

i swear more than half of the posts you put up are NOT about your faves--the williamses. rather, they are about the williamses' rivals--cappy, clijsters, henin, mauresmo. you spend more time putting these down than you do praising the williamses.

don't you get tired of all this hate??

henin lost already. let it go. how would you feel if someone rubbed your face in an early williams loss? wont feel good now will it?

and i dont even like henin.

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Plus, this is complete rubbish Navratilova lost as world number 1 in the first (or second round, I'm not sure) in 1983, Chris Evert did the same (lost 1st round) at Wimbie the same year after winning RG. Check you data before posting

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 05:46 PM
ah, always count on lizchris for all the factoids concerning any of the williams' rivals.

i swear more than half of the posts you put up are NOT about your faves--the williamses. rather, they are about the williamses' rivals--cappy, clijsters, henin, mauresmo. you spend more time putting these down than you do praising the williamses.

don't you get tired of all this hate??

henin lost already. let it go. how would you feel if someone rubbed your face in an early williams loss? wont feel good now will it?

and i dont even like henin.
Where the hell were you in January, February and March when Venus was losing?

Name the last posts I created putting down Jennifer, Amelie or Kim?

Find the last post

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Plus, this is complete rubbish Navratilova lost as world number 1 in the first (or second round, I'm not sure) in 1983, Chris Evert did the same (lost 1st round) at Wimbie the same year after winning RG. Check you data before posting
http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=116431

Now what?

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 05:49 PM
http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=116431

Now what?

I maintain the information I gave above

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 05:50 PM
I maintain the information I gave aboveI was talking about the French Open, not Wimbledon, the USO or the AO.:rolleyes:

You'd know that if you read my original post.

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 05:52 PM
I was talking about the French Open, not Wimbledon, the USO or the AO.:rolleyes:

You'd know that if you read my original post.

I meant about Navie losing earlier than the 4th round. I think they've got it wrong about this

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I meant about Navie losing earlier than the 4th round. I think they've got it wrong about this
It wouldn't be the first time Reuters got it wrong, but the AP says the same thing, so I am thinking that the fact might be correct.

hollywood7172
May 26th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Where the hell were you in January, February and March when Venus was losing?

Name the last posts I created putting down Jennifer, Amelie or Kim?

Find the last post
why dont you search your own posts?? in fact, you shouldn't even have to do that. you know EXACTLY what kind of posts you put up. but at any rate, i will help you a bit:
http://wtaworld.com/ubb/icons/icon4.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique
Doesn't matter if she wins this match or not.

As soon as her opponent wins a few games, Amelie becomes a nervous wreck. All her shots begin to look shaky and stressful, her forehand goes into the net 9 out of 10 times, she plays way too passive, just trying to keep the ball in play (which makes her even more nervous and shaky), she double-faults.

And I don't see how this could change in the later rounds. She just can't deal with the pressure.
She might reach QF or SF, but as soon as she meets a top-player in good form, she will go down badly, like last year.

This is one time I agree with you.http://wtaworld.com/ubb/eek.gif
.................................................. ...................................

http://wtaworld.com/ubb/icons/icon11.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajangurl
lets see if they boo her now...btw, congrats Jenny but Lizchris thinks you're doomedhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gif

I don't see her getting past week one if she plays like this for the rest of the week.
.................................................. ............................
Jennifer may pull this out, but after htis performance, IMO, she is no favorite to win the whole thing. It is either Justine's, Amelie's, Venus' or Serena's to win.

.................................................. ..........................
here's a thread you started:
Karolina Sprem, the lady who is supposed to meet Serena in the semis, is in big trouble against Miriym (is that how her name is spelled?) Casanova. She lost the first set 7-5 and is down in the...
.................................................. .........................
about hingis:
Not surprising.

She knows in the back of her mind that Venis still has a great chance to not onlu exceed her total title wins, Grand Slam singles title wins and achieving the career Grand Slam (somethign Serena has already achieved). She is jealous because her own stupidity ended her career before it should have.
.................................................. ..........................
okay, so i didn't find anything on cljisters, BIG DEAL.

and before you use the "stalking" line on me, remember YOU ASKED ME to find these.

and what about back in feb--march when venus was struggling?? what does that have to do with you?? surely you're not trying that "they did it so i can do it too" reasoning.

and don't worry about other haters--i'll point them out too.

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 06:06 PM
why dont you search your own posts?? in fact, you shouldn't even have to do that. you know EXACTLY what kind of posts you put up. but at any rate, i will help you a bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDominique
Doesn't matter if she wins this match or not.

As soon as her opponent wins a few games, Amelie becomes a nervous wreck. All her shots begin to look shaky and stressful, her forehand goes into the net 9 out of 10 times, she plays way too passive, just trying to keep the ball in play (which makes her even more nervous and shaky), she double-faults.

And I don't see how this could change in the later rounds. She just can't deal with the pressure.
She might reach QF or SF, but as soon as she meets a top-player in good form, she will go down badly, like last year.

This is one time I agree with you.http://wtaworld.com/ubb/eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajangurl
lets see if they boo her now...btw, congrats Jenny but Lizchris thinks you're doomedhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gif

I don't see her getting past week one if she plays like this for the rest of the week.

Jennifer may pull this out, but after htis performance, IMO, she is no favorite to win the whole thing. It is either Justine's, Amelie's, Venus' or Serena's to win.

here's a thread you started:
Karolina Sprem, the lady who is supposed to meet Serena in the semis, is in big trouble against Miriym (is that how her name is spelled?) Casanova. She lost the first set 7-5 and is down in the...

about hingis:
Not surprising.

She knows in the back of her mind that Venis still has a great chance to not onlu exceed her total title wins, Grand Slam singles title wins and achieving the career Grand Slam (somethign Serena has already achieved). She is jealous because her own stupidity ended her career before it should have.

okay, so i didn't find anything on cljisters, BIG DEAL.

and before you use the "stalking" line on me, remember YOU ASKED ME to find these.

and what about back in feb--march when venus was struggling?? what does that have to do with you?? surely you're not trying that "they did it so i can do it too" reasoning.

and don't worry about other haters--i'll point them out too.
You posted responses I made to posts that were created by other people.

I am still waiting for the posts I created bashing the players you mentioned.

hollywood7172
May 26th, 2004, 06:09 PM
oh god, the only thing worse than a hater is one who doesn't admit to being one.

only two of the posts i listed were reponses. the rest you created.

i'm not gonna bother with your "prove it to me" tactic. you know exactly what i am saying.

cheo23
May 26th, 2004, 06:10 PM
yeah STEFFI lost at Wimbledon Not the FRench Open Like Justine..but at least Justine didn't lose in the 1st Round..LOL

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 06:13 PM
oh god, the only thing worse than a hater is one who doesn't admit to being one.

only two of the posts i listed were reponses. the rest you created.

i'm not gonna bother with your "prove it to me" tactic. you know exactly what i am saying.
The only one I started was about Sprem. The others were repsonses to posts by others.

The only reason why I started the Sprem post was because it was the SI tennis writer who said that the semifinals would look like this:

(1)Henin-Hardenne vs. (4)Mauresmo
(2)S. Williams vs. (22)Sprem

So far, two of the people he predicted would get to the semis are gone and that is why I started the post about Karolina because I thought her being a surprise semifinalist with stronger claycourt players in her half of the draw was ridiculous.

irma
May 26th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Really? I thought Steffi lost early one year also.
you are right when she 13 and from the qualifications;)
Steffi as topseed always reached at least the semis (in 94 she lost in the semis otherwise she made the final)
as second seed she lost in the semis and quarters in resp 91 and 97 otherwise she made at least the final too

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 06:14 PM
yeah STEFFI lost at Wimbledon Not the FRench Open Like Justine..but at least Justine didn't lose in the 1st Round..LOL
Yes, Steffi lost in the first round in 1994 to American Lori McNeil.

Justine has lost in the first round of a Slam, but she wasn't number one when she did it.

hollywood7172
May 26th, 2004, 06:18 PM
but you also started two about henin, including this one.

and actually, i was referring to "posts", not threads. so the capriati and hingis ones count. and even if some of your posts are only responses, they do reflect your mentality, correct??

ok, so labelling you as a hater might be a bit extreme. i just tend to always notice your name when there are negativity surrounding capriati (esp) and other williams rivals.

i do hope i was wrong. i'd rather i was wrong, trust me.

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Don't you think that when you're a champion,it practically doesn't matter wether you lose in the first round or in the semis?They wonna win,it's as simple as that...They aren't going to start a tourney to get to the quarters or semis.Wasn't that one of the major reasons Martina stopped?Offcourse you'll lose more points and it looks better when you lose in the semis than in the first round but it all comes diwn to this:you lost and someone else won,it's as simple as that.Yesterday Arnaud said that he didn't write history after his marathonmatch against Santoro.Cuz he didn't win first of all.He also said that you write history when you win Slams or Daviscup,not by losing a marathonmatch.I for one agreed with him,tht's the spirit of a true champion even if he hasn't won any Slams.

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 06:20 PM
but you also started two about henin, including this one.

and actually, i was referring to "posts", not threads. so the capriati and hingis ones count. and even if some of your posts are only responses, they do reflect your mentality, correct??

ok, so labelling you as a hater might be a bit extreme. i just tend to always notice your name when there are negativity surrounding capriati (esp) and other williams rivals.

i do hope i was wrong. i'd rather i was wrong, trust me.
My problems with Capriati, Mauresmo and Henin-Hardenne are the way they go out of ther way to say snide things about the sisters, especially Jennifer and Amelie. That is why I don't have many nice things to say about them.

hollywood7172
May 26th, 2004, 06:25 PM
i hated henin for that hand shit.

and i don't care much for mauresmo.

i do love jenny, however, and it's been ages since she said anything bad about vee and ree.

but why stoop to their level if you don't approve?? do exactly the same thing they did that you hated so much?? think about it.

i do think the williamses are VERY classy in that they dont say shit back, even when taunted. they were brought up EXTREMELY well in that aspect. thus, don't you think we should all try to be LIKE them, instead of being like their badmouthing rivals?!?!?

i'm glad we reached a good point with all this. have a good day. here's to more good tennis, less bad manners.

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 06:26 PM
i hated henin for that hand shit.

and i don't care much for mauresmo.

i do love jenny, however, and it's been ages since she said anything bad about vee and ree.

but why stoop to their level if you don't approve?? do exactly the same thing they did that you hated so much?? think about it.

i do think the williamses are VERY classy in that they dont say shit back, even when taunted. they were brought up EXTREMELY well in that aspect. thus, don't you think we should all try to be LIKE them, instead of being like their badmouthing rivals?!?!?

i'm glad we reached a good point with all this. have a good day. here's to more good tennis, less bad manners.
Maybe.

I don't badmouth them all the time.

Declan
May 26th, 2004, 06:35 PM

Martina's 1983 loss to Kathy Horvath was in the fourth round.
Chris' Wimbledon loss that year was in the third round.

Justineladivine
May 27th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Martina's 1983 loss to Kathy Horvath was in the fourth round.
Chris' Wimbledon loss that year was in the third round.
OK, in that case I was the one talking rubbish. Aftermath of yesterday's emotion, I guess. Anyway if I was wrong I was wrong, no excuse