PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean for the top half?

tennisIlove09
May 26th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Who will come through? Vera? Nadia? It could be a Vera/Nadia rematch...wouldn't it be nice for Vera to get revenge?

Paneru
May 26th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Maria's in there too!

This could be a great opportunity for
Suarez to make the QF's!

Dava
May 26th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Vera, Nadia, Maria and if Elena D's in consistant form she can certainly take out either Mauresmo or Davenport on her day. Also keep an eye out on Perebiynis who seems to be slipping under the radar and has a good draw. But I certainly think Maruesmo has the best chance of making the final, as long as she keeps her nerve.

Volcana
May 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Among the seeds, it's one of the Russians vs Suarez for a spot in the QFs vs Mauresmo

14 Suarez
------------------------------------------------
10 Zvonareva vs
18 Sharapova
08 Petrova

SJW
May 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
suarez again from the top 1/4

SpikeyAidanm
May 26th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Yeh i wouldn't underestimate Sharapova, she continues to surprise me even on clay.

Dementieva, as well, a streaky player who can play awesome without much pre-form (ie Miami 04)

shap_half
May 26th, 2004, 02:14 PM
I pick Zvonareva for that spot against Mauresmo, but judging by the way she played today, I think her nerves are going to get the best of her and someone's going to take her out before the QF or at the QFs. You never know.

BK4ever
May 26th, 2004, 02:21 PM
vera should take out maria easily if she plays to her potential, maria will give her the same ball every time and thats what vera loves...she better not choke...

cmasters
May 26th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Mauresmo is slated to meet Davenport in the Quarters.
Saurez or one of the Russians will most likely make the semis as Henin was slated to meet Petrova in the quarters.

Beat
May 26th, 2004, 02:25 PM
wouldn't it be nice for Vera to get revenge?

no, it wouldn't.

and yeah, watch out for paola.

Spunky83
May 26th, 2004, 02:26 PM
That means that itīs gonna be very boring;)...sorry, please donīt hit me. Iīm just trying to be happy about the sad loss...

crouching
May 26th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Urrr, you guys are looking at it the wrong way if you're thinking that it will be a Russian vs Mauresmo in the QFs. None of the three Russians - Zvonareva, Sharapova or Petrova - can potentially meet Mauresmo until the semis.

selesbooz
May 26th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah, the three russians would play Mauresmo in the SF not the QF. Go Maria

crouching
May 26th, 2004, 02:29 PM
For the top half, I guess the two QFs may be Suarez vs a Russian (Petrova?) and Mauresmo vs Davenport or Smashnova... (I think it's time for Smashnova to live up to her name!)

Epigone
May 26th, 2004, 02:38 PM
vera should take out maria easily if she plays to her potential, maria will give her the same ball every time and thats what vera loves...she better not choke...I agree. Vera should be able to handle Maria easily, but she can sometimes get a little too :banghead:. If she stays cool, she should win in straight sets.

- L i n a -
May 26th, 2004, 02:41 PM
I agree. Let's all bask in the warm glow of Vera laying some whoop tushy to Masha on Friday.

Oh, and Vera, get to the SF... or ELSE.

It was Nadya's turn last year... now the opportunity is for Bepa. :)

Knizzle
May 26th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I think Suarez will make the SF.