PDA

View Full Version : Defending Champion Henin-Hardenne Outsted By Garbin 7-5, 6-4

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Not surprised. I didn't expect her to be well enough to win.

veera
May 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
OMG Justine :( :eek: It was HORRIBLE to watch her play.
Well done, Garbin. I thought she would choke. :)

mandy7
May 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
:eek:

- L i n a -
May 26th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Soon, this board will be filled with fighting. :p

tennisIlove09
this is just so huge

*hingis_forever*
Justine played awful! :sad:

mentos
interesting developments. perhaps the pressure of defending; perhaps an off day; perhaps outplayed. who has details. please elaborate.

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Why?

Some of us have been saying that Justine wasn't going to defend her title. And the way Amelie played today, I think the winner will come from the bottom half of the draw.

Mateo Mathieu
:woohoo:

esquímaux
TAX! :yeah:

cheo23
OH MY GoD! All I gotta Say WHat Goes Around Comes ARound!
I've been waitin a Whole Damn YEAR! And Thank U BAby Lord Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 LOL

Spunky83
May 26th, 2004, 03:05 PM
This was bad, bad, bad!!! Justine was playing really...well, do I need to say one anymore? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my God! I´m sooo pissed off right now. How many breakpoints does she need?

Well, let´s hope she will regain her full health soon.

Congrats Garbin, great match, at least from her...

bandabou
Hmm, hmm, hmm....for an clay-courter Justine´s record at RG ain´t better than Serena´s record, despite Serena not being a natural clay-courter. And no title defense at RG again.....

SJW
oh dear. this is not good. this is not good at all.

slice
May 26th, 2004, 03:06 PM
now henin can u use her hand for the RIGHT reason-saying "goodbye" to the french open 4 another year :lol:

- L i n a -
Why?

Some of us have been saying that Justine wasn't going to defend her title. And the way Amelie played today, I think the winner will come from the bottom half of the draw.
Because of something bandabou would say, like she did... and the usual comments from the others. :p

BK4ever
Justine played awful! :sad:
did u watch the match, from what i saw tax frustrated her...she never gave her the same ball twice...she was really giving juju some heavy topspin to the FH an juju just could not handle them with any consistency

bandabou
There goes a WHOOOOLLLLLEEEEE lot of her points....things could get really really interesting for the no.1 position.

raquel
Justine clearly not 100% and a lot of bad errors. Hopefully she will be fine for Wimbledon.

Justine now ties the record with Arantxa for the earliest a French Open defending champion has gone out. Credit to Justine though for coming to Paris and trying to defend her title, but clearly not at her best.

- L i n a -
May 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
oh dear. this is not good. this is not good at all.
Oh dear. Sadness has ensued. :p

asotgod
Whatever the case is, it's still a shameful performance from the "#1". Almost 1000 points lost right there, and I doubt much can be gained in Wimby also as people will be all out for her. It's better when you think you are not fit to get better, but dont make excuses or play as awful as she did. She did not deserve to win this match. Her statistics are so awful, so so awful. It's a big shame. So, it's not about any DFs, she was outplayed, she was outhustled, and there was little or no fear for her in the mind of Garbin. The tour is so developed that you cannot just leave and expect to come back and win. Doesn't happen.

GoSandrine
hi Lina :bigwave:

:woohoo:

Tax really held it together. I'm so proud! :sobbing:

Julian
Tax played incredible!! Now will she carry on to the next few matches??

maximus82
:sad:

Poor Juju. She just couldn't find her game at all...I watched almost the entire match on ESPN. Her serve and fh were pretty ugly. :( Here's hoping you can recover and play better at Wimby!

Congrats to Tatiana...I totally didn't see her being a threat (had never really heard much of her before), but she played well above her ranking in this match.

bandabou
Because of something bandabou would say, like she did... and the usual comments from the others. :p

What happened to moi?!

katrientje
:sad: :sad: I am so devestated
What a terrible day
I hope Justine will get over it soon, she did everything she cold in this short time it just wasn't enough

SJW
May 26th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Oh dear. Sadness has ensued. :p
Lina are you being mean to me? :(

Elske
May 26th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Well done Garbin! :worship: :yeah:

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 03:09 PM
But waaayyyy to believe in herself by Tatiana!! Didn´t think she had that in her!!

shap_half
I saw the match Just had more than 20 BP and only converted about 4 of them. Justine was just not playing as aggressively which can be anticipated since she is coming back from a 2 month lay off and she's going to have some hesitation and she won't be as confident with her game. It's a shame that she didn't win because she served for the first set and had points to go upt 5-2 in the second set. Justine did not play well at all, BUT Garbin played very well. She took advantage of the fact that Justine isn't playing as confidently and she played very aggressively. She came to the net and dictated play.

I think that either Capriati, Venus, Petrova, or Zvonareva will now win the French Open. Judging from Amelie's match, I doubt she's going to even make it to the QFs. I WOULD LOVE FOR AMELIE TO WIN, but I don't think she's ready to win yet. She has not at all conquered her nerves and you can tell that she still has some issues dealing with the fact that she is in France and the entire country wants her to win.

Keep your head high, Justine!

DelMonte

No offence Lina, but most of the time you are right in the thick of things so i hardly think you can complain.

anyway, hope people show restraint. can anyone who watched the match describe what happened please? (ie how the match was lost and lost by each player?

thanks.

ps i am shocked. i did think that justine was going to go far into the draw.

veera
INTERESTING stats:
UF errors: Henin 30, Garbin 25
Winners: Henin 23, Garbin 20
DFs: Henin 10, Garbin 4

Vincent
Some tennis magazines do pick Justine as the favourite over other players to win. :eek:
WD Garbin!! :yeah:

justine&coria
:sad: :sad:

Greenout
I only got to see it from 4-3 second set. And it looked really negative. It's
like she forgot all her clay court skills. It was too passive on the wrong
things. I'm gutted. Go ahead laugh, say all the crappy things you want to.
I'm going to cry. Thanks.

Ballbuster
OH MY GoD! All I gotta Say WHat Goes Around Comes ARound!
I've been waitin a Whole Damn YEAR! And Thank U BAby Lord Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 LOL

THERE IS A GOD!

AND GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY

selesfan
Congrats Tax!:bounce:

Experimentee
This is a REALLY bad loss. Even though she hasnt had any warmups, I didnt expect her to lose to Garbin! :haha:

Cariaoke
May 26th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Tati! :kiss: :worship:

justine&coria
I'm hoping for Venus to win now !

Spunky83
She made so many erros, couldn´t convert important breakpoints, her serve was amazingly bad, she didn´t look good at all, she was mentally down, she was too slow, her play overall was "not good".

Let´s face it (and I love Justine): She clearly didn´t deserve to win that match at all, at no time.

Justineladivine
This was to be expected, unfortunately I wanted to believe she would get into the second week but I did't think she was fit enough to defend her title. OK, it proves she's human after all. She should have rested longer, I suppose. Today's serves were awful, too many unforced errors, not sharp enough on long rallies, a bad forehand. Well not the Justine we normally know.
Just like in 2002 a f... bad virus knocks her out. She can't accept pulling out and gets an early defeat to a lower-ranked player. This is life. I just hope she'll be strong enough for Wimbie.
PS have a nice time, Justine-bashers of all kind. It doesn't matter to those who really love her, honestly...

Mrs. Peel
May 26th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Besides her serve being shitty...I don't think Justine played so terrible? Garbin earned her victory! She could have caved in at anytime! Justine was beaten today. Justine fought back with some great points..she had a formidable opponent today who rose tot he occassion..I've seen many matches with Justine where she could have gone out the same way but the other player just fell apart! Garbin just kept getting better! GOOD ON HER!!!

Princess Fiona
:sad: :sad:

Commiserations to Justine!! Wow... (Feel 100% soon Justine... :) )

Congratulations to Tathiana!! What a win for her!! I'm pleased for her... :)

Spunky83
PS have a nice time, Justine-bashers of all kind. It doesn't matter to those who really love her, honestly...

I second this!!!

Greenout
Who was it up at GM said that she wasn't going to win without playing
alot of matches, and doing the other clay tournaments? Well...you are
exactly right. Justine isn't the type of player that can just walk into a
tournament and play well.

Knizzle
May 26th, 2004, 03:12 PM
A wise friend of mine told me that Justine wouldn't win a claycourt tournament for this whole season. I wasn't sure about that prediction, but it ended up being true. She actually won a bet(not over money) with someone else over this very subject.

pigam
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! :sad: :sad: :sad:
This was such an awfull match by Justine, but a great match by Garbin.
Damn!! :sad:

*Jool*
I've just seen Tax win !! I was sad for Justine(even if I don't like her very much) but so happy for Tax(even if I didn't like her very much neither...).To live such a great event in a player's life (even if Justine has not played well) is juste great! I was touched... WD Tathiana ! You deserve it I think . ;)

DelMonte
I only got to see it from 4-3 second set. And it looked really negative. It's
like she forgot all her clay court skills. It was too passive on the wrong
things. I'm gutted. Go ahead laugh, say all the crappy things you want to.
I'm going to cry. Thanks.

Chin up, Greenout! Maybe it was too much to expect her to win after the clay season she's had (or lack thereof). I am sure she'll be back. I don't get what Carlos said about having improved/retooled Justine's serve though- she's been serving so many double faults and at such crucial times.

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 03:13 PM
She made so many erros, couldn´t convert important breakpoints, her serve was amazingly bad, she didn´t look good at all, she was mentally down, she was too slow, her play overall was "not good".

Let´s face it (and I love Justine): She clearly didn´t deserve to win that match at all, at no time.

I'm afraid you're right and I know you're a real fan. Better talk like this than delude ourselves. Now, she's just got to brace herself for what's coming up next. Just hope it's not going to be a bad blow on her morale.
Actually given the circumstances, I'd love a new winner to get the cup this year

Zoltan83
:sad: :sad: But it isn't a great match... too much mistakes for Henin :sad:

asotgod
Tatiana did not play exceptional. She just played good enough. Those who watched the match can tell that, and the stats also dont lie. There is no need to explain Henin's failure. I never believed anything was wrong with her before she took the 6 weeks off. It just looked to me as an excuse to give because the sisters were sort of back, and because she lost to Mauresmo. That sort of became her own undoing. No match rhythm, and the movements and tricks one gains she did not have. So, she lost. She shouldn't even have won the first match, but then again Testud did nothing to make her work for it. Anyone would have clearly seen that Henin was not playing well at all.

Mephisto
May 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM
well it was really no surprise :sad: :sad:
congrats Tathiana

get a rest and good luck next time Juju! I love you

:) :)

Spunky83
I'm afraid you're right and I know you're a real fan. Better talk like this than delude ourselves. Now, she's just got to brace herself for what's coming up next. Just hope it's not going to be a bad blow on her morale.
Actually given the circumstances, I'd love a new winner to get the cup this year

I love you Justine-fans...keep moving!!!

bandabou
This is good for all the people who made fun of Venus and even Serena after their losses early in their come-backs.....guess what, now it happened to the best player in bizz( Wertheim´s words) too!!

tenn_ace
May 26th, 2004, 03:15 PM
:sad: for Justine... take some rest and prepare yourself for Wimbledon.

well fought Tatiana (one of the nicest tennis players I have ever met)... good luck in the next round!

switz
No offence Lina, but most of the time you are right in the thick of things so i hardly think you can complain.

anyway, hope people show restraint. can anyone who watched the match describe what happened please? (ie how the match was lost and lost by each player?

thanks.

ps i am shocked. i did think that justine was going to go far into the draw.

i don't think she was complaining

Avid Merrion
:eek: i didn't think Justine would be able to defend her title, but to go out so soon.. :(

congrats to Tathiana :)

Greenout
May 26th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Chin up, Greeout! Maybe it was too much to expect her to win after the clay season she's had (or lack thereof). I am sure she'll be back. I don't get what Carlos said about having improved/retooled Justine's serve though- she's been serving so many double faults and at such crucial times.

The serve sucked. I know what to have expected from Garbin, that's
the way she plays. I just didn't expect the sort of passive response
from Justine. She's suppose to be the one that's got one more trick
up her sleeve.

Chance
May 26th, 2004, 03:17 PM
:sad: I'll say again Justine should not have played RG... RG maybe very special to her, but what's the point of playing when you're not 100%.

Shap_half- you forgot Serena.

Ballbuster
a LOSS is a LOSS!!

No matter what. She got Knocked Out of the slams and will have lots of time to lick her wounds.

Why do I have such a smile on my face? This seems like redemption. Bigtimer ousted in early round. That's just plain awful.

esquímaux
I hope Justine isn't at the hotel flinging herself from wall to wall again :unsure: "I AM NOTHING, I AM NOTHING!" Pulling her hair out and knocking over furniture :scared:

caramel
May 26th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Garbin, I´m totally proud of you. :worship: Best of luck in the next round.

Justineladivine
Tatiana did not play exceptional. She just played good enough. Those who watched the match can tell that, and the stats also dont lie. There is no need to explain Henin's failure. I never believed anything was wrong with her before she took the 6 weeks off. It just looked to me as an excuse to give because the sisters were sort of back, and because she lost to Mauresmo. That sort of became her own undoing. No match rhythm, and the movements and tricks one gains she did not have. So, she lost. She shouldn't even have won the first match, but then again Testud did nothing to make her work for it. Anyone would have clearly seen that Henin was not playing well at all.

I disagree with you entirely. You can say anything bad about Justine but she's definitetly no quitter. I'm sure she wasn't afraid of anyone in particular just not adequately prepared, period. Oh my, I wonder what she's goingto say on Belgian TV tonight.

bandabou
Don´t think it was her illness, Tatiana was just money on the big points and stood up to Juju....never really letting in her game.

SJW
:sad: I'll say again Justine should not have played RG... RG maybe very special to her, but what's the point of playing when you're not 100%.

Shap_half- you forgot Serena.
i said when she first got her illness that she shouldn't even attempt the French.

what has she gone and done? blemished her RG record yet again. she shouldn't have played in 02 but she did and lost. why did she do it again?

asotgod
May 26th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Henin gotta suck this up and prepare for Wimby. But, i bet she cannot make much noise in Wimby either.

Justineladivine
I hope Justine isn't at the hotel flinging herself from wall to wall again :unsure: "I AM NOTHING, I AM NOTHING!" Pulling her hair out and knocking over furniture :scared:

94th

TatiAnnahølic
OMG impressive Tax! :woohoo:

caramel
May 26th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Pulling her hair out
Ah, now I know the reason why her hair is so thin.

cometz9
May 26th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Congratulation to Tathiana :bigclap: An incredible win this is for you and your confidence. Good Luck next round :yeah:

I saw this match and Justine had like 1 or 2 dfs each service game and mostly miss hit her FH long. Terrible b/c she was up a break and couldn't serve out the 1st set. Kudos to Tathiana for staying in the match and being aggressive everytime she was down breakpoints. Better luck next time Justine.

KingA
May 26th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Umm...... a bit disappointing but not surprising........ :o

Justine was playing poorly...... well..... at least she tried!!!!

malaye
May 26th, 2004, 03:21 PM
THERE IS A GOD!

AND GOD DON'T LIKE UGLYWhat did He do to you ? Was it that bad ?

caramel
May 26th, 2004, 03:23 PM
You´re right. Justine definitely shouldn´t have played at the FO. Oh well, she tried her best to defend her title but she should have known herself that it´s not easy to achieve your goals with an illness like she has.
I hope for her and her fans that she´ll be ok again for Wimbly. :wavey:

Monica_Rules
May 26th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Well done Tatinana!

Justine looked terrible most of the time.Really bad errors but she only hit 10 more than garbin.

Finally an upset this year:)

shap_half
May 26th, 2004, 03:24 PM
i said when she first got her illness that she shouldn't even attempt the French.

what has she gone and done? blemished her RG record yet again. she shouldn't have played in 02 but she did and lost. why did she do it again?

very true. i agree 100%. i think it's the competitive nature of some people that they don't often know what's best for them. the same thing happened to Serena at AI, she played two consecutive events when she should have perhaps waited until Charleston. Serena was quite eager to get her game and rhthym back. And that is to be expected with the really competitive athletes. Justine made the wrong decision in 02 and she paid the price. She made the wrong decision now and again she's paying the price for it. Of course when you are a fan, you want to support your athlete with whatever decision they make and you hope for the best and just hope that she goes all the way. After looking at the Testud match stats, I knew Justine wouldn't make it to the SF with soooo many clay courters getting in her way, but fans just try to be as optimistic as possible.

asotgod
Look, it's not about Henin being a quitter or not, it was not just right for her to play without any warmups. Secondly, there is too much overhype because she began winning majors last year. She is not Venus or Serena, and even they cannot win just by coming back just like that. I know Serena did it in the first tournament back, but it's not that easy. The Williams Sisters left for almost a year and picked up quick. Henin left for only 6 weeks and then she loses. To me, that shows the calibre of player she is. Whatever fear any player had for her will be gone now. She better just suck it up and see what she can win for the rest of the year because everyone will be all out for her.

Nemesis
Justine :sad:

Clearly a lack of preparation. And Tatiana & her audacious play deserved to win today. She was better ... today ... Justine looked unmotivated and annoyed today. Stooooopid DF and forehand errors at crucial points. Not the kind of stuff we saw before FCC.

Hoping for a MoMo-Williams final now (preferably Venus, but I wouldn't mind if it was Serena).

Set your mind on Wimbledon & the Olympics, Justine ...

Greenout

This is BS. She was ill, and lost the momentum and match
form by missing two tournaments. All the critics who said that
clay isn't something you go into cold were right. If you have a
huge serve, then you can do it- but Justine's serve is crap right
now. It has been crap all season long. The problem today was
that everything else looked crap too, and nothing could even
out the win/loss point ratios in this match. Garbin is a tricky,
everything but the kitchen sink type player. I think she lost
the match because the secret 2nd serve life saver wasn't even
working. The ending points were just desperation without
any sort of positive energy.

I'm deeply hurt; but I suppose if we consider that she only started
to train and play two weeks ago- realistically this is all we Philistines
really should have expected. She looked way too happy and relaxed
the since last week. F*CK! that! Justine plays better when she's
in a pissy/paranoid mood like at the AO 2004. This laid back crap
should be layed to rest and buried.

Bring back the uptight vain, chip on the shoulder player please!!!!!!
:tape:

Chunchun
;)
betta luck next yr

pigam
May 26th, 2004, 03:25 PM

shut up you, you jinxed her putting her in your sig :p ;)

I'm so sad :sad:

She wasn't ready to play, I think that was quite clear, still, I understand she wanted to play, and I think she thought she was ready. She did mention she didn't recuperate well after the Testud match ... :shrug:

too bad, on to Wimbledon

Hope the other girls give us a great tournament!

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Look, it's not about Henin being a quitter or not, it was not just right for her to play without any warmups. Secondly, there is too much overhype because she began winning majors last year. She is not Venus or Serena, and even they cannot win just by coming back just like that. I know Serena did it in the first tournament back, but it's not that easy. The Williams Sisters left for almost a year and picked up quick. Henin left for only 6 weeks and then she loses. To me, that shows the calibre of player she is. Whatever fear any player had for her will be gone now. She better just suck it up and see what she can win for the rest of the year because everyone will be all out for her.

And that even on her best surface....

azza
May 26th, 2004, 03:30 PM
ALLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ :bounce:

Come-on-kim
Hum.....

Justine didn't clearly played well but I think we should applause Garbin for her display! She just played the right shots at the good moments, she made the good choices,...

Before the match I thought Justine would have win 6-1 6-0 because Garbin didn't do much this year, but judging on the play today, she deserves that win! I hope she'll enjoy her victory by going deep in the tournament because I don't think it'll happen several times that she'll defeat top ranked players.

I fear that every two years, RG is just bad for the belgians :rolleyes:

Justineladivine

If it makes you feel good to think so, go on my friend. No problem with me...

lauryn
May 26th, 2004, 03:31 PM

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I totally agree. This was one ugly match from Justine. Her serve non-existant, forehand totaly off, returns weak, no fighting, too passive, really slow, bad movement and she played awful on the important points. Now how could she win a match like that?

Congrats to Tax! Great win for her

Hope you find your true game soon Justine :kiss:

GoSandrine
May 26th, 2004, 03:31 PM
200 juicy bonus points. Anyone know what Tathiana's ranking will be? :drink:

Darran
May 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
With the world number 1 & 2 out now, looks like someone could win of the easiest grand slams of recent times.

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Hum.....

Justine didn't clearly played well but I think we should applause Garbin for her display! She just played the right shots at the good moments, she made the good choices,...

Before the match I thought Justine would have win 6-1 6-0 because Garbin didn't do much this year, but judging on the play today, she deserves that win! I hope she'll enjoy her victory by going deep in the tournament because I don't think it'll happen several times that she'll defeat top ranked players.

I fear that every two years, RG is just bad for the belgians :rolleyes:

Actually, I have an irrational theory which I know most Kim and Justine fans hate which is that Kim's and Justine's fates are linked together in a sort of crazy, loopy way. I mean maybe they don't like each other much, it's quite obvious that most of their respective fans (except for we Belgians) don't like the other girl at all (I'm expecting a ball with certain people I won't mention here down at CCL). But all their highlights have come at about the same period (turning pro, entering the top 10, making their first grand slam final, becoming n° 1, etc. So, I guess that Kim being away, Justine was kind of doomed from the start, I know it sounds crazy but if you check up on their respective history, they've always been like pulling each other up (a bit like the Williamses, except that Justineand Kim will never own up to it)

SerenaSlam
May 26th, 2004, 03:40 PM
u know when it comes to the errors you cannot say it was that bad for Justine, for she only had 5 more errors than Tathiana. Garbin just went out there and made justinen play. 2nd set was more so "contended" than the first in my opinion. Had justine held i think she may have won. But the second set Justine had only one more error and winner. Tathiana played about the same as Justine. It just came down to when it got close to the sets ending, Tathiana took her chances and got the win. I didn't think Justine was gonna get far, but i did think she would get past her.

Yonge
May 26th, 2004, 03:42 PM
:sad: Juju.

Could we have a Russian winner this year?

asotgod
May 26th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Justinealadivine,

It does not make me happy that Henin lost. It makes me disappointed that she confirmed my suspicisions that she is overhyped. She left for only six weeks and cannot win a second round match against Tatiana? What does that tell you? It's not about her illness. Justine timing on clay (her supposed best surface) is messed up. She has sacrificed the patience on clay for improved abilities on hard, and so, she was damned to get messed up. Simple. But, if you wanna believe that it's her illness that made her lose, go on. It doesn't change the fact that she is overhyped either way.

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 03:43 PM
:sad: Juju.

I second that.

moby
May 26th, 2004, 03:44 PM
if anything, justine is one of the most underhyped players ever.
how many players can win 3 slams in a year and have people say that she's just not good enough?

flyingmachine
May 26th, 2004, 03:45 PM
:sobbing: Well Justine is out. :sad: So now I'm going to support MOMO. :rocker2:

SerenaSlam
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I totally agree. This was one ugly match from Justine. Her serve non-existant, forehand totaly off, returns weak, no fighting, too passive, really slow, bad movement and she played awful on the important points. Now how could she win a match like that?

Congrats to Tax! Great win for her

Hope you find your true game soon Justine :kiss:
i think it was just the big points, b/c when you say take venus' match from yesturday, she won in straight sets with worse numbers. and Tathiana had better numbers than Tanasugarn. For Justine it just really came down to the big points. It was THAT ugly of a match by Justine, we have seen far worse before. Today she just didn't convert when the converting needed to be taking place.

spudrsca
Even if Justine wasn't in great shape, I'm disappointed the way she played, she played hard-court tennis but with no power.

What I think is that Justine by changing her game to more power and changing her technic of shots needs more time now to master her game, Her new serve and forehand are not natural to her.

turt
May 26th, 2004, 03:46 PM
if anything, justine is one of the most underhyped players ever.
how many players can win 3 slams in a year and have people say that she's just not good enough?
:worship:

Task
May 26th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Tax :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

flyingmachine
May 26th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Even if Justine wasn't in great shape, I'm disappointed the way she played, she played hard-court tennis but with no power.

What I think is that Justine by changing her game to more power and changing her technic of shots needs more time now to master her game, Her new serve and forehand are not natural to her.
I think you are right. I think it will be better for her to concetract on Wimblendom now.

asotgod
May 26th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Moby,

No one is saying she is not a good player, but if you deceive yourself into thinking that Henin would have won the U.S and the Australian had the Williams Sisters being fit and played, then that's some tough joke right there. So, in real sense, she would have won only 1. Circumstances allowed the 3 and she took her opportunities against choksters like Clijsters and Capriati particularly and a slow Davenport. So, yeah she is an opportunist no doubt, but not the calibre of player she is described to be because she is #1. Anyone can be #1, if they play a lot of tournaments, take their chances and their counterparts dont play. No doubt Henin has come a long way the past year, but I am sorry to say SHE IS NOT THERE YET!!. Underhyped? No, she is not. Overhyped? Hell yeah!

Knizzle
May 26th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Justinealadivine,

It does not make me happy that Henin lost. It makes me disappointed that she confirmed my suspicisions that she is overhyped. She left for only six weeks and cannot win a second round match against Tatiana? What does that tell you? It's not about her illness. Justine timing on clay (her supposed best surface) is messed up. She has sacrificed the patience on clay for improved abilities on hard, and so, she was damned to get messed up. Simple. But, if you wanna believe that it's her illness that made her lose, go on. It doesn't change the fact that she is overhyped either way.
I agree somewhat, she has turned into a fast court player. She doesn't have the clay court game right now. It's a shame because I still don't think all her work on hard and grass will help her beat the sisters on those surfaces.

xin_hui
May 26th, 2004, 03:52 PM
give garbin her credit...she really played well

but JHH shouldnt have come out without any warmup tourneys, not being fit and expect to win RG.....now maybe zheng jie will go far:)

brickhousesupporter
A wise friend of mine told me that Justine wouldn't win a claycourt tournament for this whole season. I wasn't sure about that prediction, but it ended up being true. She actually won a bet(not over money) with someone else over this very subject.
Is your friend my Father, cause he was saying all along that would get clipped this entire season, and look what happened.

Justineladivine
Justinealadivine,

OK, I agree on the improved abilities on hard getting in the way of tennis on clay court. Still, no preparation at all, a virus related to glandular fever, if this isn't enough to account for an early loss, so be it. We'll see what happens at Wimbie and that's that. Now as to overhyping and so on, refer to other poster's reply above. He/she's bloody right: Justine's certainly the most under-hyped three slam titles winner in WTA's history.

turt
i think it was just the big points, b/c when you say take venus' match from yesturday, she won in straight sets with worse numbers. and Tathiana had better numbers than Tanasugarn. For Justine it just really came down to the big points. It was THAT ugly of a match by Justine, we have seen far worse before. Today she just didn't convert when the converting needed to be taking place.
Exactly. A few details made the difference, and it just wasn't Justine's day: even though she played horrible (no forehand, no backhand, no serve, no will!), she served at 5-4 in the first set and led 4-2 in the second. Should have won the match in straight sets. Well... Shoulda, coulda, woulda! But come on, 4 break points converted out of 18 against Garbin? That statistic tells it all...

moby
May 26th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Actually, I have an irrational theory which I know most Kim and Justine fans hate which is that Kim's and Justine's fates are linked together in a sort of crazy, loopy way. I mean maybe they don't like each other much, it's quite obvious that most of their respective fans (except for we Belgians) don't like the other girl at all (I'm expecting a ball with certain people I won't mention here down at CCL). But all their highlights have come at about the same period (turning pro, entering the top 10, making their first grand slam final, becoming n° 1, etc. So, I guess that Kim being away, Justine was kind of doomed from the start, I know it sounds crazy but if you check up on their respective history, they've always been like pulling each other up (a bit like the Williamses, except that Justineand Kim will never own up to it)
and i thought i was the only one who thought that :bounce:

asotgod
May 26th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Knizzle,

Exactly my point. So, she is gonna have to pick her poison because she is not better than the sisters on grass or hardcourts.

caramel
May 26th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I highly doubt that, I think someone whose last name starts with W will win the French Open this year.:o

asotgod
May 26th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Henin-Hardenne (BEL) Garbin (ITA)

1st Serve % 33 of 68 = 49 % 55 of 96 = 57 %

Aces 2 1

Double Faults 10 4

Unforced Errors 30 25

Winning % on 1st Serve 18 of 33 = 55 % 35 of 55 = 64 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 14 of 35 = 40 % 17 of 41 = 41 %

Winners (Including Service) 23 20

Receiving Points Won 44 of 96 = 46 % 36 of 68 = 53 %

Break Point Conversions 4 of 18 = 22 % 6 of 11 = 55 %

Net Approaches 11 of 19 = 58 % 13 of 21 = 62 %

Total Points Won 76 88

Fastest Serve 172 km/h 171 km/h

Average 1st Serve Speed 158 km/h 156 km/h

Average 2nd Serve Speed 128 km/h 128 km/

Greenout
May 26th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Well..I tell you something. I think Garbin's a great player. She's are
very interesting person. I dont' harbour any ill will to her. I'm not
like some members of other supporters groups, and load on the
contempt. I'm just very upset that my own selfish desires to see
Justine win again are squashed.

50/50 that was the real chance of defending the title again without
two tournaments as tune-ups.

Go ahead thrash Justine's career all you like. I still love our Boss, and
it's not like she died. Sorry, but she'll come back and do better later.

K&J fan
May 26th, 2004, 03:57 PM
I highly doubt that, I think someone whose last name starts with W will win the French Open this year.:oWeingartner ? :eek:

;)

congrats to Garbin btw

asotgod
May 26th, 2004, 03:58 PM
From the stats posted, those her clearly not #1 typed numbers. Not at all. Very ugly numbers in fact.

Martian KC
May 26th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Get back to full strength Justine!:kiss:

Vut
May 26th, 2004, 04:00 PM
:eek: Justine

Greenout
I think the Kimmy twin theory is pretty good. I was feeling the samething.
Without Kimmy around Justine had less personal pressure. You seen
those interviews of her this week? She looked too mellow. Justine
needs "Lei Clijsters" to piss her off and try harder. She sort of let her
self of the hook all week by saying Amelie's the favorite.

Princess Fiona
Weingartner ? :eek:

;)

congrats to Garbin btw
:) Well, she's beaten Eleni (my joint #1 fave) so she can win the tournament... :) ;)

*still :sad: at Justine's defeat* (she's my other #1)
(But I'm very pleased for Tathiana to have had this win too... )

moby
May 26th, 2004, 04:02 PM
From the stats posted, those her clearly not #1 typed numbers. Not at all. Very ugly numbers in fact.
they are clearly different from her numbers just before she got sick
the second serve in particular averages 90mph, and not 80mph, and her BP conversion this match is just pathetic, which doesn't help when you aren't playing your best tennis

oddkayla
May 26th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I said in another thread before the french started that there was absolutely no way Justine would win the French again and people almost killed me. Oh well now she was ill and was not prepared and what have you. Those very reasons are the reasons I thought she would not do well and now they are coming to bear? What do you know!

Like past champions have said, there is winning, and there is defending! Now she knows!

Perhaps this is good for women's tennis. People will give it more respect. No one will come out and say the number 1 player needs no preparation, she can just waltz right back into the thick of things and win a major tournament.

LindsayRocks89
May 26th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Congrats Garbin, good luck at wimbledon to Justine ;)

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I said in another thread before the french started that there was absolutely no way Justine would win the French again and people almost killed me. Oh well now she was ill and was not prepared and what have you. Those very reasons are the reasons I thought she would not do well and now they are coming to bear? What do you know!

Like past champions have said, there is winning, and there is defending! Now she knows!

Perhaps this is good for women's tennis. People will give it more respect. No one will come out and say the number 1 player needs no preparation, she can just waltz right back into the thick of things and win a major tournament.

You may have a point.
PS I wanted her to win of course but I never attacked anyone saying this was impossible, so no problem for me saying you may have a point

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I already had a very bad feeling from the very beginning of this match.Justine seemed extremely passive and 'futloos'.She didn't seemed to play with the power and will she normally does.after only 2-3 games i already started to think about the Kapros-nightmair :sad: And I had a pretty bad feeling when Kim was out for the tourney,it's just that when they practically did everythng together:they won together,they lost together.And plus look at this:
FO 1999 ----> Played a great secondround mathc against Lindsay in her very first Slam
FO 2000 ---->Didn't even show up because of numerous injuries.
FO 2001 ----> first big performance in a Slam,reaches semi.
FO 2002 ---->An absolute nightmair,firts round exit against Kapros.
FO 2003 ---->Dream tourney,winning her very first Slam beating back-to-back world #1 and 2
FO 2004 ---->Second round exit to Garbin
FO 2005 ---->??????? Hopefully a great tourney again.

I'm dissapointed but defenitly not mad and I can understand that it must've been difficult.I just hope that now she's going to go back to Belgium and rest for two weeks and then pick up her rackets again to train and maybe be the best in Wimbledon and the Olympics.Ii wish you all the best and I still love you more than ever :hug:

Congrats to Tati for playing great and believing in her chances :yeah:

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 04:10 PM
I already had a very bad feeling from the very beginning of this match.Justine seemed extremely passive and 'futloos'.She didn't seemed to play with the power and will she normally does.after only 2-3 games i already started to think about the Kapros-nightmair :sad: And I had a pretty bad feeling when Kim was out for the tourney,it's just that when they practically did everythng together:they won together,they lost together.And plus look at this:
FO 1999 ----> Played a great secondround mathc against Lindsay in her very first Slam
FO 2003 ---->Dream tourney,winning her very first Slam beating back-to-back world #1 and 2

I'm dissapointed but defenitly not mad and I can understand that it must've been difficult.I just hope that now she's going to go back to Belgium and rest for two weeks and then pick up her rackets again to train and maybe be the best in Wimbledon and the Olympics.Ii wish you all the best and I still love you more than ever :hug:

Great post, glad you concur with the crazy theory I set out above. I thought most Kimfans and Justine fans would have hated it though...

!<blocparty>!
May 26th, 2004, 04:12 PM
OMG, I am shocked. I did NOT expect this @ all, can't wait to see the highlights!!

And for those who sed womens tennis had no depth! They are eating their words.

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Hmmm.....good point knizz....all the transformation Juju´s gone through is in vain imo. Should just stick at playing good clay-tennis, because the run she had last year on hardcourts is a once in a lifetime thing....

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:15 PM

Tjaa....we all know what the best is gonna be for her at Wimbledon anyways: SF.

pigam
May 26th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Hmmm.....good point knizz....all the transformation Juju´s gone through is in vain imo. Should just stick at playing good clay-tennis, because the run she had last year on hardcourts is a once in a lifetime thing....
If she would have done that, she would now have (maybe) a RG titel.
She has: RG, ausopen, USopen. She wouldn't be able to do that 2 years ago, not even without the Williams sisters. She beat Clijsters, Capriati, Davenport, Seles, Dementieva, Petrova, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo on hard. I'm glad she chnaged her game. But I understand that you arn't.

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Tjaa....we all know what the best is gonna be for her at Wimbledon anyways: SF.
Well,i didn't know that you could predict the future but I'm not going to say a thing...But if Justine were to win Wimby this year,then I can assure you you'll be the first person I'm going to think about...

turt
May 26th, 2004, 04:19 PM
She has: RG, ausopen, USopen. She wouldn't be able to do that 2 years ago, not even without the Williams sisters. She beat Clijsters, Capriati, Davenport, Seles, Dementieva, Petrova, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo on hard. I'm glad she chnaged her game. But I understand that you arn't.
:worship:

turt
May 26th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Well,i didn't know that you could predict the future but I'm not going to say a thing...But if Justine were to win Wimby this year,then I can assure you you'll be the first person I'm going to think about...
I know a few others too :angel:

But of course I'd give everything to see bandabou's face when Justine wins Wimbledon or defends the US Open with the W's in full strength in the draw :)

"Topaz"
May 26th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Kudos to Justine for coming back and trying hard. Venus fans witnessed something similar with their fave at the beginning of the year. To play a successful power tennis game, you need power, timing, accuracy and proper shot selection (ie, when to deliver that power). These things take time to reconstitute after a layoff. While power alone can be rebuilt through exercises and practice, the other elements are really honed on the court, under fire. It seems to be only Serena manages sometimes to get it all in one go.

Those who say Justine should have relied on her clay-court skills should not forget that the addition of power to her game was what propelled her to prominence. She certainly doesn't want to change that knowing the rest of the year is all fast-court business.

TP

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM

No...it´s just that NO MATTER how much she changes her game to be more power, it won´t matter against either sister at full strength on hardcourts and grass...just the way it is.

Greenout
May 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM
How uncool. Justine loses, and someone gives me a bad rep! :lol:

K&J fan
May 26th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Always nice to see that a Justine loss really can make bandy's day :)

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:25 PM

:lol: I bet you´ll do it! We´ll see...but it´s gonna take something VEEERRRRYYYYYY special for her to win it with both Williams in the draw. Of course if they end up in the same half, it makes the job a bit easier...but not much.

SJW
May 26th, 2004, 04:25 PM
shut up you, you jinxed her putting her in your sig :p ;)

I'm so sad :sad:

She wasn't ready to play, I think that was quite clear, still, I understand she wanted to play, and I think she thought she was ready. She did mention she didn't recuperate well after the Testud match ... :shrug:

too bad, on to Wimbledon

Hope the other girls give us a great tournament!
yea i know...i was thinking about that...i take full responsibility for her loss

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Always nice to see that a Justine loss really can make bandy's day :)

Why?! Not so at all....my day would have been made if it was Serena the one that beat her and got her revenge..but alas.

LindsayRocks89
May 26th, 2004, 04:26 PM
No...it´s just that NO MATTER how much she changes her game to be more power, it won´t matter against either sister at full strength on hardcourts and grass...just the way it is.

yeah Justine is not going to beat Vee or Serena on the lawns of wimbledon, or throughout the us hardcourt season, i just don't see it happening, i would be amazed if it did :angel:

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 04:27 PM
I know a few others too :angel:

But of course I'd give everything to see bandabou's face when Justine wins Wimbledon or defends the US Open with the W's in full strength in the draw :)Don't be surprised if she isn't well enough to play there either. Remember, Wimbledon starts two weeks from the day after the FO ends.

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Can´t be great seeing the world no.1, defending champion and almost everybody´s pick losing so early at a major. Is this the earliest at a major by a no.1 since the days of Martina H?1

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:28 PM
yeah Justine is not going to beat Vee or Serena on the lawns of wimbledon, or throughout the us hardcourt season, i just don't see it happening, i would be amazed if it did :angel:

Now Lindsay otoh....

- L i n a -
It's amazing how this thread will likely reach 1000 posts... and there may be say 2 lines of relevant dialogue in it.

Greenout
Wow, really rubbing it in Bandy. Go ahead why don't you do like someone
else did and add a bad rep just for kicks to me.

Vass22
Sad, but not totally unexpected to me. I just looked at my draw predictions and it turned out that I wrote Loit( ???!@!!!) ove JHH in third round.

The Crow
May 26th, 2004, 04:29 PM

The main reson she lost (besides a bad serve and forehand lol ;)) was the way she played key points. The number of non-converted break points says it all really. Plus Tax was just better today (especially on key moments).

And lmfao@ some of the posts here. It really must be fun to cheer against someone. At least Justine has made some people's day today :yeah: ;)

Oh and bandabou, can't you even give her props for actually TRYING to compete with the sisters on hard and grass. Even if in your mind, she has no chance in hell, she at least tries to adjust her game!

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Wow, really rubbing it in Bandy. Go ahead why don't you do like someone
else did and add a bad rep just for kicks to me.

naaah..it was a honest question.

The Crow
May 26th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Don't be surprised if she isn't well enough to play there either. Remember, Wimbledon starts three weeks from the day after the FO ends.
So it's still a month away. In terms of Wimbledon, this loss is not that important imo. I only hope she's hungry enough!

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:32 PM

The main reson she lost (besides a bad serve and forehand lol ;)) was the way she played key points. The number of non-converted break points says it all really. Plus Tax was just better today (especially on key moments).

And lmfao@ some of the posts here. It really must be fun to cheer against someone. At least Justine has made some people's day today :yeah: ;)

Oh and bandabou, can't you even give her props for actually TRYING to compete with the sisters on hard and grass. Even if in your mind, she has no chance in hell, she at least tries to adjust her game!

Of course....what, it ain´t like the sisters shied away from competing with her on clay did they?!

Rafe306
May 26th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Can't imagine what her ranking will be after this tournament :sad:

GermanBoy
May 26th, 2004, 04:34 PM
I don`t want to dance on Henin-Hardenne`s grave but "YES" :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Congratulations to Garbin, well done! :worship:

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Justine if you can hear me right know:I would like to say it's absolutly nothing that you lost today,you did your best.But pleaz,I'm asking you this from the bottomof my hearts:KICK SOME BUTT IN WIMBLEDON!!!!!!!!!!Just to piss some posters here off :fiery:
And if you do,do a little dance or fall on your knees again or whatever it takes to rub it even more in with the Haters,pleaz girl you know you can do it :worship:

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Can't imagine what her ranking will be after this tournament :sad:
Justine will still have a comfortable lead on Kim since she isn't playing.Amelie could come closer to Kim though.

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Justine if you can hear me right know:I would like to say it's absolutly nothing that you lost today,you did your best.But pleaz,I'm asking you this from the bottomof my hearts:KICK SOME BUTT IN WIMBLEDON!!!!!!!!!!Just to piss some posters here off :fiery:
And if you do,do a little dance or fall on your knees again or whatever it takes to rub it even more in with the Haters,pleaz girl you know you can do it :worship:

:lol: Talking and praying will only get you so far, allez...still gotta figure a way to beat you know who on grass..

oddkayla
May 26th, 2004, 04:39 PM
If Justine is a champion, and I believe she is, she cares more about trophies, the wins, more than she does about what her ranking is.

Ask any player, Number 1 or 100 what they want to achieve, and it is to win trophies. The one player who always seemed to care or attach too much importance to her ranking was Anna Kournikova, and I dont see her inspiring a lot of tennis players.

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 04:46 PM
:lol: Talking and praying will only get you so far, allez...still gotta figure a way to beat you know who on grass..
Keep talking like that and it makes me wish Justine wins Wimbledon even more.You know Wimbledon and the Olympics were already the number objectives of Justine this year and now that she lost early at the FO she would want to win it even more.You can say whatever you want but it all comes down who holds the throphy in the end,it won't be Justine at this year French but who knows maybe this just might be her year at Wimby.Say whatever you want about the Sisters,go ahead and jinx them all you want.I atleast just wait off and see,if Justine doesn't win..It ain't gonna be a drama but if the Sisters don't win you'll look like a total fool and you know that damn well.You're even lucky that you can bet on two persons (probably too scared to put your bet on one) I rely only on one person but that person is worth a million

hewittrok
May 26th, 2004, 04:49 PM
There goes my dreams in seing someone win the golden slam.........Lets go Roger!!!!

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Keep talking like that and it makes me wish Justine wins Wimbledon even more.You know Wimbledon and the Olympics were already the number objectives of Justine this year and now that she lost early at the FO she would want to win it even more.You can say whatever you want but it all comes down who holds the throphy in the end,it won't be Justine at this year French but who knows maybe this just might be her year at Wimby.Say whatever you want about the Sisters,go ahead and jinx them all you want.I atleast just wait off and see,if Justine doesn't win..It ain't gonna be a drama but if the Sisters don't win you'll look like a total fool and you know that damn well.You're even lucky that you can bet on two persons (probably too scared to put your bet on one) I rely only on one person but that person is worth a million

Please, please.....I only bet on one and she is worth a BILLLIIOOONNN!! You´re right, there´s a thing called jinxing.....but man, don´t you think it would have worked sometime during the four-year run?! After sometime you can´t jinx anymore and just have to accept it...

Greenout
May 26th, 2004, 04:53 PM
All I can say is whatever. I still love the Boss (aka: JHH)

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Please, please.....I only bet on one and she is worth a BILLLIIOOONNN!! You´re right, there´s a thing called jinxing.....but man, don´t you think it would have worked sometime during the four-year run?! After sometime you can´t jinx anymore and just have to accept it...
Again,if you're so damn sure about Serena winning Wimbledon than I just really hope for you that she's going to win it cuz if she doesn't,somebody is going to look like a fool...

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Again,if you're so damn sure about Serena winning Wimbledon than I just really hope for you that she's going to win it cuz if she doesn't,somebody is going to look like a fool...

Maybe....but if Juju doesn´t win it either, so will you! Now if you´re a betting (wo)man who´d you rather bet on: two-time defending champion( to the loss of just two sets) Serena or one-time finalist Justine?!

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Maybe....but if Juju doesn´t win it either, so will you! Now if you´re a betting (wo)man who´d you rather bet on: two-time defending champion( to the loss of just two sets) Serena or one-time finalist Justine?!
That's were you're wrong,dude.I never said Justine is going to win it.I said that I hope she will or if she were to win it..but unlike I don't know what Justine will win or not.I do not predict the future...I like to keep my exceptations a litlle low so that I will not get amazingly dissapointed or when she wins it will make the victory even sweeter.But it seems like you like to work on the other way..good for you...

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 05:07 PM
That's were you're wrong,dude.I never said Justine is going to win it.I said that I hope she will or if she were to win it..but unlike I don't know what Justine will win or not.I do not predict the future...I like to keep my exceptations a litlle low so that I will not get amazingly dissapointed or when she wins it will make the victory even sweeter.But it seems like you like to work on the other way..good for you...

basically the same thing we´re saying in different words. I DON´T know for fact that Serena´s gonna win it...I hope and have the believe that she´s a ( VERRYYYY good) chance of winning it if her game´s clicking at full cylinders. More so than other players...that´s all.

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 05:16 PM
basically the same thing we´re saying in different words. I DON´T know for fact that Serena´s gonna win it...I hope and have the believe that she´s a ( VERRYYYY good) chance of winning it if her game´s clicking at full cylinders. More so than other players...that´s all.
You know what it's pretty simple: one of the Sisters is going to win it and Justine simply ain't that's it..conversation over :shrug:

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 05:19 PM
You know what it's pretty simple: one of the Sisters is going to win it and Justine simply ain't that's it..conversation over :shrug:

:lol: Or maybe not, no?!

Knizzle
May 26th, 2004, 05:21 PM
It's not likely that Justine will win at Wimbledon. She's a distant third as far as fast court players. Past results indicate she probably won't beat either sister there. Now this year she is sick. She probably won't win.

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 05:25 PM
It's not likely that Justine will win at Wimbledon. She's a distant third as far as fast court players. Past results indicate she probably won't beat either sister there. Now this year she is sick. She probably won't win.
Well,duuh read my post,didn't you understand it??She won't win it,neither will she win the Olympics or the USO.The Sisters will take it all ....

Justineladivine
May 26th, 2004, 05:30 PM
OK, folks, supposing she doesn't win this or that and supposing her health gets worse or better and supposing this or that. Even supposing she were never to win anything again (hell, call me arrogant if you like, but this is not in the books yet). Anyway even if it came to this, she's had such beautiful wins, she's bagged three slams (I know cheating, conniving and so on) she's given me so many good moments. I'll always be glad for that. Her achievements is something nobody will ever take away from her real fans or from her for that matter. Whatever may be said she's got her spot in tennis history and hall of fame. That again is a fact. OK, now time to get back to work (I don't only mean Justine, I've got lots of things to do, at least I'll be a little less engrossed in RG this year). Got to look at it in a positive way (always). See you later, fellow Justine fans and (hem) critics I've got some real work to do now

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Well,duuh read my post,didn't you understand it??She won't win it,neither will she win the Olympics or the USO.The Sisters will take it all ....

Or maybe not.....

Allez-H
May 26th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Or maybe not.....
Hey,I'm just stating the obvious :shrug:

bandabou
May 26th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Hey,I'm just stating the obvious :shrug:

Obvious goes only at wimbledon...after that no one knows nada.

Junex
May 26th, 2004, 05:58 PM
God i am so shock that Juju lost, I have much believe in her! but its her not me on the court today. maybe she was just not prepared at all.

All i can say is that i appreciate her for being there playing, she said it she was not considering herself able to defend the title but she will be there just to play the game match after match. in the 2nd roubd she lost to Garbin. Excellent job for Tathiana.!!!

I expected everyone to have this bashing over Justine not able to defend her title and thus giving you all anti-Justine a reason for insisteing that she was not even close to be a great player. I am just sad...so sad. But i am so sure she will be able to rebound from this. justine is a strong person, and a competitive one.

I am a true Justine fan, for whatever results, for how bad she may have lost. for how she may be so down with the game. She is still the number 1 tennis player for me in the world (and I mean men or women).

ALLEZ JUSTINE and show the whole world how great you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Crow
May 26th, 2004, 05:58 PM
OK, folks, supposing she doesn't win this or that and supposing her health gets worse or better and supposing this or that. Even supposing she were never to win anything again (hell, call me arrogant if you like, but this is not in the books yet). Anyway even if it came to this, she's had such beautiful wins, she's bagged three slams (I know cheating, conniving and so on) she's given me so many good moments. I'll always be glad for that. Her achievements is something nobody will ever take away from her real fans or from her for that matter. Whatever may be said she's got her spot in tennis history and hall of fame. That again is a fact. OK, now time to get back to work (I don't only mean Justine, I've got lots of things to do, at least I'll be a little less engrossed in RG this year). Got to look at it in a positive way (always). See you later, fellow Justine fans and (hem) critics I've got some real work to do now
:yeah:

lizchris
May 26th, 2004, 06:01 PM
God i am so shock that Juju lost, I have much believe in her! but its her not me on the court today. maybe she was just not prepared at all.

All i can say is that i appreciate her for being there playing, she said it she was not considering herself able to defend the title but she will be there just to play the game match after match. in the 2nd roubd she lost to Garbin. Excellent job for Tathiana.!!!

I expected everyone to have this bashing over Justine not able to defend her title and thus giving you all anti-Justine a reason for insisteing that she was not even close to be a great player. I am just sad...so sad. But i am so sure she will be able to rebound from this. justine is a strong person, and a competitive one.

I am a true Justine fan, for whatever results, for how bad she may have lost. for how she may be so down with the game. She is still the number 1 tennis player for me in the world (and I mean men or women).

ALLEZ JUSTINE and show the whole world how great you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Given that she didn't have that much match play on red clay coming in and that she was sick made her chances of defending her title pretty slim from the start. In addition, it has been over a decade that there has been a repeat champion at the FO.

vettipooh
May 26th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Oh,well."The hand "seen around the world,went down today in str8 sets.Better luck next time.Get 100% fit so we can see some top player battles at Wimbly.A job well done,Tati.You did GREEAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Mamba.
May 26th, 2004, 06:50 PM
All I know is that defending a title is harder than winning it the first time. Everyone will be gunning for you from the start and sometimes you can defend and other times you can't.

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 06:51 PM
All I know is that defending a title is harder than winning it the first time. Everyone will be gunning for you from the start and sometimes you can defend and other times you can't.

And some players are better at defending titles than others.

Black Mamba.
May 26th, 2004, 06:56 PM
And some players are better at defending titles than others.

That's true

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 06:58 PM
That's true
justine hasn't proven to be that great at defending...

GoSandrine
May 26th, 2004, 07:49 PM
*bump*

:spit:

pualeez
May 26th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Justine :o I guess all those weeks of preparation and training did not help, without matches you just dont know how you are playing. She will get a jump start from the other girls and start practicing on grass. :p

1jackson2001
May 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Finally Justine loses. It's about time she got punished for bad play in the earlier rounds. Too often she has escaped from being burned. Hope she gets better asap though. Good effort by her. And congrats to her opponent.

Task
May 26th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Tax :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I am sure Justine will be back in force at Wimbledon.

Looked on the RG website, kind of ticked the press did not interview Tax.

faste5683
May 26th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Whew - talk about rusty! It was miss-hit city out there. Thank you anyway, JuJu - the style and flair you have brought to the women's game have made me a permanent fan - even if you retired tomorrow or dropped to #200. You're still the best show in town...

:wavey:

beauty_is_pink
May 26th, 2004, 11:19 PM
wow. i cant believe this

fleemke³
May 26th, 2004, 11:30 PM
:sad:

joaco
May 26th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Shocked.... of al players Justine, did not expect it at all.... here is toa speedy recovery :)

GoSandrine
May 26th, 2004, 11:40 PM

I am sure Justine will be back in force at Wimbledon.

Looked on the RG website, kind of ticked the press did not interview Tax.
Me too! :mad: Their selection of interviews has always been puzzling though. :(

And no photos of Tax either! :tape:

WtaTour4Ever
May 26th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Dang, I saw her lose the first set this morning and I should have set the tape but I just figured she would come back in the 2nd.....Feel better soon JuJu.

GoSandrine
May 27th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Not to beat a dead horse but if you consider Tax was bounced out in qualies of Berlin and Rome by scores of 6-2,6-0 to Golvin and 6-1,6-0 to Vinci this result is even more amazing. A career win...

BRAVA TATHIANA!!! :hearts: :bowdown:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040526/capt.rog15005261452.france_tennis_french_open_rog1 50.jpg

disposablehero
May 27th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Henin is a relic of a bygone era.

kyk710
May 27th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Garbin :bigclap: - You played a great match! I think Justine would have beaten a lot of players pl,aying the way she did today. Garbin just played great tennis and really deserved the win. Congrats!!

GoSandrine
May 27th, 2004, 03:49 AM
*bump*

Anyone else like my photo? :awww:

;)

Nobody's Perfecc
May 27th, 2004, 04:14 AM
I think this loss will be a catalyst to a great performance at Wimbledon. I'm disappointed that she lost this early, but it was not her day today. Rise to the challenge at Wimby, Justine. :)

bis2806
May 28th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Allez Justine :lol:

bandabou
May 28th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Really didn´t know that her forgetting to say the "vamos" after the "allez, come on" could be such a factor!!! :eek:

esquímaux
May 28th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Tax! :yeah:

servenrichie
May 28th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Moby,

No one is saying she is not a good player, but if you deceive yourself into thinking that Henin would have won the U.S and the Australian had the Williams Sisters being fit and played, then that's some tough joke right there. So, in real sense, she would have won only 1. Circumstances allowed the 3 and she took her opportunities against choksters like Clijsters and Capriati particularly and a slow Davenport. So, yeah she is an opportunist no doubt, but not the calibre of player she is described to be because she is #1. Anyone can be #1, if they play a lot of tournaments, take their chances and their counterparts dont play. No doubt Henin has come a long way the past year, but I am sorry to say SHE IS NOT THERE YET!!. Underhyped? No, she is not. Overhyped? Hell yeah!:worship: :worship:

servenrichie
May 28th, 2004, 09:18 AM
give garbin her credit...she really played well

Where else have I heard this sentiment before?
Oh yes, when V & S lose, "they and their fans only make excuses". The Henin tards seem to be doing nothing else (with very few exceptions) except make excuses. What arrogance, give Garbin her dues. She outplayed Henin fullstop:p

Greenout
May 28th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Where else have I heard this sentiment before?
Oh yes, when V & S lose, "they and their fans only make excuses". The Henin tards seem to be doing nothing else (with very few exceptions) except make excuses. What arrogance, give Garbin her dues. She outplayed Henin fullstop:p

Your really pissing me off here. We gave Garbin alot of credit.
Nobody is making excuses. Geez, are you blind and deaf? We lost
the chance to defend the title. No, back to your crib!!!!

The HHH's (henin hardenne haters) are pathetic. It's not enough
that she's down, lost, but you have to insult the supporters too.
Just shut up and watch your favorites win instead of beating
a dead horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :devil: :devil:

servenrichie
May 28th, 2004, 09:32 AM

a dead horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :devil: :devil:Fuck off, I said with very few exceptions. The bigger sentiment is that she played shit and that's excuses, going by the same standards you guys set for others. She was outplayed, period. If you want to foam on the mouth, pull out your hairs or haul yoursel on the wall, be my guest. Now go back to your hole, I supposed there is nothing else left for you to do here:fiery: :fiery: :devil: :devil:

BTW, you guys know a thing or two about beating dead horses. Is the shoe now very painful, because it is on the other foot?:lol:

turt
May 28th, 2004, 09:35 AM

a dead horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery: :fiery: :devil: :devil:
Please don't even try to reply to f*cktards like him, it's a lost cause... Put him on your ignore list, you won't miss anything :)

:wavey: