PDA

View Full Version : Why was Jenn mad at the Crowd??

c2
May 26th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I thought she liked them and they liked her since her win? :confused: She was practically givin' em the bird at the end! Can someone shed some light? Tx...

Knizzle
May 26th, 2004, 01:35 PM
On match point they were doing their rhythmic clap and Jenny twirled her arms in the air to the beat almost like she was trying to pump up the crowd, then some people started booing and she looked in their direction and said "oh shut up, and rolled her eyes"

Ballbuster
May 26th, 2004, 01:37 PM
She looked like she wanted to Flip them the bird. But instead taunted them with her fist.

Gotta love Jen for her heart.

Mase
May 26th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I watched that last night and you can tell she was ready to just go off... I guess after being down a set and 0-3 and then coming back to win I'd be pretty pumped to. I thought it was hilarious, I think she just wanted to serve the match out thats all, and the people cheering we're getting in her way.

Keith
May 26th, 2004, 01:45 PM
The crowd was rooting against her and she kinda gave them the "fuck you" after she won the match!

Fantastic
May 26th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Jen really knows how to endear herself to the crowds, doesn't she?

foreva lindsay
May 26th, 2004, 01:57 PM
shes strange, funny to see tho

CapFan#1
May 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I thought it was fucking brilliant!!!!! It was kinda like, "you may have fucked with Serena last year, but this year I putting it back at you for me and Serena!!!"

Loved it!!!

Keith
May 26th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Why should Jen appease a crowd that is taunting her?

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
May 26th, 2004, 02:21 PM
She probably just got caught up in the moment. She just came back from being down 0-3 and won the match. Who cares that is awesome one of the reasons I love to watch her!!

Jasmin
May 26th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I heard they cheered for Serena and booed Jen. There's an article on it.

LindsayRocks89
May 26th, 2004, 03:04 PM
i loved her telling the crowd to shut up, and it was just priceless when she was pumping her fist to the crowd after she won, classic Jen :angel:

Avid Merrion
May 26th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Why should Jen appease a crowd that is taunting her?
exactly! :)

i love the way Jen doesn't take any shit :worship:

caramel
May 26th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Jennifer Capriati is just another way to say "always mad". That means when you want to tell someone that youre always mad, you simply say "Im Jennifer Capriati." .

Got it?

hollywood7172
May 26th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Jennifer Capriati is just another way to say "always mad". That means when you want to tell someone that youre always mad, you simply say "Im Jennifer Capriati." .

Got it?
was that supposed to be funny?:confused:

SJW
May 26th, 2004, 05:10 PM
On match point they were doing their rhythmic clap and Jenny twirled her arms in the air to the beat almost like she was trying to pump up the crowd, then some people started booing and she looked in their direction and said "oh shut up, and rolled her eyes"
um...no...

they were being loud, especially in the last set, and Jen got stressed, especially in the last few games. she yelled shutup along with a few "fuck"s around 2 games from the end. then on match point she antagonized them by sarcastically encouraging them. then they booed.

DA FOREHAND
May 26th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Good for Jenn. fuck the french crowd.

*abby*
May 26th, 2004, 05:17 PM
she swore???thats our girl :bounce:wot she say???

Renee
May 26th, 2004, 05:20 PM
LOL. There is always steam coming out of Jennifer's ears, isn't there:explode:

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
May 26th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Jen is great she just gets into the match that much!!!

Hingiswinsthis
May 26th, 2004, 07:23 PM
lol actually, it was funny. she really took it to the crowd and I was lmao! I loved it how Jenn said yea and pumped her fist to the crowd 3-4 times and then ESPN cut her off to commercial when she was about to say another yea after the match. Funniest thing i've seen so far at this year's RG.:)

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Jen really knows how to endear herself to the crowds, doesn't she?
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eurotennisfan
May 26th, 2004, 07:27 PM

Got it?
:lol: :lol: :lol: This makes no sense :lol: :lol: :lol:

pualeez
May 26th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Way to go Jen, stand up to those rude people. I hope they dont try anything on Jen's next match. The way the treated Serena last year was just so rude.

bigshow21
May 26th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Hell yeah Jen!! She doesnt take any shit from anyone. That is what i like to see and hear. Jen is just so cool!!! Gotta love her!!!

SJW
May 26th, 2004, 09:00 PM
the crowd booed shaughnessy too today...they really are rude.

jacobruiz
May 26th, 2004, 09:36 PM
the crowd booed shaughnessy too today...they really are rude.

Maybe it's just me but I never noticed the French crowd being that rude before (except Serena's match last year where they really outdid themselves). I can't imagine Shaunessey doing anything very offensive.

They were booing the American men too. Andy Roddick was booed quite a bit over practically nothing during an entire 5 set match which he lost. Although I applaud Jennie's fighting spirit as always, I thought Andy's show of good sportsmanship to the winner at the end of the match showed the French crowd more.

volta
May 26th, 2004, 09:38 PM
RG crowd are the worst crowed that ive seen in my life. they dont stop talking and booing no wonder Jenn gets mad when she plays there. they dont respect any1

faboozadoo15
May 26th, 2004, 09:39 PM
someone posted that they were both booed (meghan and andy) for asking for a towel... :eek:
as opposed to walking up all the way and getting it.

:scared: only monica would be safe :scared:

faboozadoo15
May 26th, 2004, 09:41 PM
RG crowd are the worst crowed that ive seen in my life. they dont stop talking and booing no wonder Jenn gets mad when she plays there. they dont respect any1
well jenn made fun of them and mouthed "shut up" to fans. it was getting late and she wanted to get off the court. she didn't need them stalling her with their excessive claps and cheers right up until the serve.

caramel
May 27th, 2004, 06:05 AM
was that supposed to be funny?:confused:
Yeah. :p

CooCooCachoo
May 27th, 2004, 06:32 AM
The French just don't like the Americans, so it seems :)

Veritas
May 27th, 2004, 10:34 AM
someone posted that they were both booed (meghan and andy) for asking for a towel... :eek:
as opposed to walking up all the way and getting it.

:scared: only monica would be safe :scared:

That's not entirely true, b/c I remember when Monica had to play against Amelie in the 4th round and Mary in the QF back at the 2000 RG, and she was booed for even blowing her nose into a tissue (Monica had a cold).

Frankly, I don't care about the crowd anymore. I used to see them as the lowest common denominators created by God, but now, I prefer to treat them as invisible - they don't matter at all and I hope other players will treat them as invisible as well.

Some parts of the RG crowd are obviously ranting and booing just to put the players off course. I mean, it's fun and all that Jenn stood up against the few who thought they could rile her up and get away with it. But seriously, I think it would've been even more interesting had Jenn just ignored the crowd and refuse to sign any autographs. That way, she'll avoid fines for swearing (if she gets any) and she'll give the few idiots in the crowd a piece of her mind.

*abby*
May 27th, 2004, 02:11 PM
i wonder...has jen actually ever been fined?perhaps for the baby incident but wot about for anythin else?

hollywood7172
May 27th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah. :p
it wasn't funny. in fact, it SUCKED HORSESHIT. :ras: :nerner:

use your brain the next time you wanna come up with a joke, aight brother?? :lol: :devil: :angel: :p

c2
May 28th, 2004, 01:53 PM
sucked horseshit?! ewwwww... <giggle> you got me giggling there hollywood :)

Experimentee
May 28th, 2004, 01:59 PM
The French are just pathetic :rolleyes:
There'd be a huge outcry if the French players all played the US Open and were booed by the Americans for nothing. Actually there was a controversy about French players being booed during the war but that turned out to be greatly exaggerrated. Its just not on to boo someone just because of their nationality!

Barrie_Dude
May 28th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Actually the French are always rude.
I do belive that Jennifer plays better when she is a bit pissed. She just seems to focus betterr and it gets the killer instinct juiced.