PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova Storms into 3rd RD 6-2 6-0 over Grande

tennisIlove09
May 26th, 2004, 12:53 PM
I believe she faces Zvonareva next, which will be an interesting match

If anyone has any pics of Rita Grande...she looked very nice in a pink top. Very nice.

katrientje
May 26th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Wow amazing win for Maria against an experienced claycourter

jdog3008
May 26th, 2004, 12:55 PM
2 bagels in 4 sets. Vera better watch out.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

- L i n a -
May 26th, 2004, 01:12 PM
The funniest part was ESPN's comments... Maria supposedly has "mature shot selection", amongst 200 other super great things that I can't remember because I laughing my ass off. Oh, and why should we even mention that she'll play one of those stupid Russians with a long name in the next round? No... let's just say we'll definitely see great things from Masha! She's a glamour girl and she's super cool!

Ugh, she's going to be the female Roddick.

KV
May 26th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Masha terrific :)

Mase
May 26th, 2004, 01:43 PM
The funniest part was ESPN's comments... Maria supposedly has "mature shot selection", amongst 200 other super great things that I can't remember because I laughing my ass off. Oh, and why should we even mention that she'll play one of those stupid Russians with a long name in the next round? No... let's just say we'll definitely see great things from Masha! She's a glamour girl and she's super cool!

Ugh, she's going to be the female Roddick.
Agreed.

Dava
May 26th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Good result from Masha, but Vera has the head to head over her ;) When Russians are concerned its always a factor.

KingA
May 26th, 2004, 02:17 PM
The Head-To-Head record is only 1-0 in Vera's favour......

But given the form this year..... I believe Masha will have a bigger chance to win this all-Russian encounter.... Vera somehow lost her sparks in the clay season this year....

I truly think Masha is the top favourite to go to the semi-final from the first quarter of the draw now..... :)

the cat
May 26th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Lina, did ESPN2 show some of Maria's match against Grande when Henin was losing her match?

Dava, I think Vera is tougher than Maria is. But Masha wasn't feeling well leading up to her semifinal match against Zvonareva in Memphis. One this is for sure. This is going to be a very intense third round match.

Vut
May 26th, 2004, 03:01 PM
:yeah: Masha !!

LindsayRocks89
May 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
congrats to Masha, i know you can beat Vera in the next round :bounce:

goldenlox
May 26th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I think "female Roddick" is a great compliment. Roddick won the US Open, and has been ranked #1.
Maria still has a long way to go.

!<blocparty>!
May 26th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Great win , what was wrong with Vera today?????

Should be a good/interesting match between them in round three.

St.Sebastian
May 26th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Maria :banana:

GermanBoy
May 26th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Grande? :confused: :eek:

Sharapova :rolleyes:

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 27th, 2004, 02:24 AM
...I think Vera is tougher than Maria is. But Masha wasn't feeling well leading up to her semifinal match against Zvonareva in Memphis...
the cat, Masha never give excuse that she wasn't feeling well before her SF match at Memphis.

Masha only said that she was sick the week before the tournament, so she was happy with the way she play the first match at Memphis.

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 27th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Congratulations, Masha!!

Keep It Up, Mlle Sharapova!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 27th, 2004, 02:34 AM
The funniest part was ESPN's comments... Maria supposedly has "mature shot selection", amongst 200 other super great things that I can't remember because I laughing my ass off...
Keep laughing as much as you want.

But you will have to hear and read more positive comments on Masha, regardless you like it or not.

By the way, I thought you were leaving this forum (see below), and I already said goodbye to you yesterday. But never mind, I can say hello to you now.
This forum is filled with unknowledgeable posters, and I think I will leave now...

caramel
May 27th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Damn Rita, how could you let squeaking Sharapova serve you a bagel? :fiery:

Dymension
May 27th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Maria :D :bounce:

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 27th, 2004, 07:49 AM
http://mariaworld.net/frenchopen0416.jpg

Yes! Keep It Up!!

Jackson.
May 27th, 2004, 07:56 AM