PDA

View Full Version : Whatīs up with Zvonareva?

Spunky83
May 26th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Does anyone of you guys know what was up with Zvonareva? She won her match today against Serna, but couldnīt smile once, she cried during the breaks and after the matchpoint she didnīt look a little bit happy and lost even a few more tears.... :sad: ?

DelMonte
May 26th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Does anyone of you guys know what was up with Zvonareva? She won her match today against Serna, but couldnīt smile once, she cried during the breaks and after the matchpoint she didnīt look a little bit happy and lost even a few more tears.... :sad: ?

are you serious, vera was crying again? :rolleyes: dunno, maybe she is having problems in her private life. anyway, great come-back.

Go Vera!

Spunky83
May 26th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Yeah...she was playing really bad in the first set, but managed to come through anyway, but there must have been a big problem, donīt know if it was physically oder mentally. The commentator said she cried during the breaks near the end the third set (while we got to see commercial breaks). Hope itīs nothing serious...

~|Naomi|~
Well she wasn't playing well, I think if she plays Maria next it will be a tough one for her.

Maybe she is feeling the pressure to defend last years points

Mattographer
She was not happy as she was up 5-1 in the third set! :o What a choker... well, it's not this time ;)

!<blocparty>!
May 26th, 2004, 11:20 AM
I saw bits of the match, the commentaors werent sure what was wrong with her, she was holding her hip sometimes, and she looked very upset @ the end.

P.S, I thought Serna's outfit, especially the skirt was TERRIBLE, my Mum walked in and goes "OMG, you can see her ass cheeks"!!!

BK4ever
May 26th, 2004, 11:21 AM
she makes it hard to watch her, she is ridiculous...

yesterday i was watching the elena vs jidkova match and jidkova was crying like a damn baby, she is even worse than vera, because she is like 26+ years :fiery:

Spunky83
May 26th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Well, letīs hope, it was only menstrual pains? hmmm...

Epigone
May 26th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Vera cries all the time. I've seen her almost lose it in practice :o. She just doesn't like to make mistakes. She cries when she is leading, and she cries when she is behind.

In terms of the choke, that's just Vera :shrug:.

Vera shouldn't be afraid of the prospect of facing Sharapova. Serna is a quality claycourter, while Masha is not. Vera took Masha down in Memphis, and that was on a surface that favoured Sharapova. Vera may sometimes collapse like a house of cards, but she should be the favourite.

Spunky83
May 26th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Ok, the commentator just gave us the information why Zvonareva looked so awful today, she had bad stomach aches and had to vomit all day...seems to be the same virus, Henman and Roddick had...

Get well, Vera!

caramel
May 26th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Depressions. PMS. She was dumped by her boyfriend. They didnīt serve her strawberry jam for breakfast. One of the ball boys said she was fat. Her beloved cat died. There could be so many reasons for her not doing too well... or maybe she just cried because, sheīs just Vera the notorious cry baby.

caramel
May 26th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Ok, the commentator just gave us the information why Zvonareva looked so awful today, she had bad stomach aches and had to vomit all day...seems to be the same virus, Henman and Roddick had...

Get well, Vera!
Ah yeah, then it was PMS... Roddick gets this too, once a month... but Henman???!!!! :eek:

Spunky83
May 26th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Ah yeah, then it was PMS... Roddick gets this too, once a month... but Henman???!!!! :eek:

Although I am a Roddick fan, I really have to do this to you...(everything which makes me laugh after Justineīs horrible loss is fine with me right now):

:worship: :lol: :worship: :lol: :worship:

Dava
May 26th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Well I hope Vera gets better :D

KingA
May 26th, 2004, 02:45 PM
I believe Vera just wasn't happy with the way she played..... and I believe she might have hurted herself around the waist or the hip area.....

Anyway... crying is Vera's symbol now.... so its nothing surprised!!!

caramel
May 26th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Although I am a Roddick fan, I really have to do this to you...(everything which makes me laugh after Justineīs horrible loss is fine with me right now):

:worship: :lol: :worship: :lol: :worship::hatoff: