PDA

View Full Version : Is SPREM OVERconfident or OVERrated?

Buitenzorg
May 26th, 2004, 12:10 PM
I am sure everyone were predicted Karolina SPREM to be one of the SF's strong contender...BUT sadly she lost to Casanova in the early round?

what happen to her...is she to OVERconfident about herself, that she is the dark horse or is everyone to OVERrated her?

Buitenzorg
May 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM
:o

Mateo Mathieu
May 26th, 2004, 12:11 PM
She just sick or something like that but who cares. The Great Conchi destroyed her confidence at Rome! :)

Buitenzorg
May 26th, 2004, 12:12 PM
ooo...she was sick :o

Mateo Mathieu
May 26th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Yeah, with a virus, I think.

switz
May 26th, 2004, 12:13 PM
or did she lose to player who at her best is very strong? i'm sick of people trying to work out how sprem lost!! it's simple, she served poorly, myriam played great, myriam thumped her. there isn't a need for this OVERanalysis.

jrm
May 26th, 2004, 12:15 PM
or did she lose to player who at her best is very strong? i'm sick of people trying to work out how sprem lost!! it's simple, she served poorly, myriam played great, myriam thumped her. there isn't a need for this OVERanalysis.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Buitenzorg
May 26th, 2004, 12:16 PM
I agree with Switz...win is win...I guess Casanova isn't a bad player either

BK4ever
May 26th, 2004, 12:17 PM
switz...i wish u would stop, myri played well, but having seem klina play before, you could tell that she wasnt 100%...not taking anything away from myri, because she was very aggressive and took advantage of the opportunity, but klina was way off her game, its also really hard to win a match when u cant even buy a first serve...

i hope myriam can realy take advantage of this win ad go far in the draw

Mateo Mathieu
I agree with Switz...win is win...I guess Casanova isn't a bad player either
No guess, she's a great player! :)

-Em-
hmm, maybe she's just too young??? you shouldn't compare her with other players who've been playing like for years!!!!!!!!!!!! i think the way she behaves is just kinda mask she tries to put on. she has w geat potential, but it really needs to be discovered. let's hope her talent won't be spoiled. i really wish her best of luck, hope she's gonna be BIG someday....

:devil: :devil: :devil:

azza
I am sure everyone were predicted Karolina SPREM to be one of the SF's strong contender...BUT sadly she lost to Casanova in the early round?

what happen to her...is she to OVERconfident about herself, that she is the dark horse or is everyone to OVERrated her?

i predicted she would lose 1st round :wavey:

switz
May 26th, 2004, 12:34 PM
switz...i wish u would stop, myri played well, but having seem klina play before, you could tell that she wasnt 100%...not taking anything away from myri, because she was very aggressive and took advantage of the opportunity, but klina was way off her game, its also really hard to win a match when u cant even buy a first serve...

i hope myriam can realy take advantage of this win ad go far in the draw

stop what?? i think that is exactly what i said in my last post and in response to your comments on the match in other thread (which i thanked you for). i said sprem served poorly, although myriam had 7 doubles as well. the fact is though that players have to deal with illness and they play poorly often. it's not as though karolina is immune to playing poorly, no player is. i mean people talk about her as if she is unbeatable, and her results, although impressive, show that she certainly isn't. she has lost matches this year to players worse than myriam. i'm just annoyed by the lack of respect many k-lina fans (not yourself) are showing myriam.

Chriskip
May 26th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Maybe she is just over-playing. Some of these young girls who are just coming on tour need to select carefully the number of tournaments they play. Maybe she is trying to move too fast, too soon.

Greenout
May 26th, 2004, 12:37 PM
I don't think so? I didn't see how her match. Did she play poorly?

tennisIlove09
May 26th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Considering how well she has been playing lately, it was an upset, regardless of how well Casanova is. The highlights I've seen from the 2-6 6-3 6-4 semi with Venus, Sprem was amazing. Not many players can just hit winners like that off Venus. People will just gasping from shock.

If she had a virus, it's too bad because I was looking forward to a Sprem-Kuznetsova match up, and possible the Venus rematch.

She's not overrated, and I don't think it's possible to over confident

Hagar
May 26th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Clijsters lost in the first round of RG 2000. Was the runner-up in 2001. So... it doesn't say anything about her further career.

Rothes
May 27th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Myriam Played Well, Karolina didin't hence with the Illness, Myriam through to the next round which means a big HHHOOPPP SSSCCCHHWWWIIIZZZZZ for support! ;) :P

caramel
May 27th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Sprem just had a bad day.

Mr_Molik
May 27th, 2004, 09:20 AM
sprem is overrated by her fans on this board (of which she has many)
she has a lot of potential and will almost definitely be a top player one day but she is not yet good enough to reach a slam semi

*Jool*
May 27th, 2004, 11:16 AM

So did I and I'm really HAPPY she did so !

Volcana
May 27th, 2004, 11:44 AM
If OTHER people predicted she'd make the semis, that in no way implies SHE was overconfident. And ALL the players with a realistic chance to make the semis don't. Bot Lindsay and Amelie have a CHANCE to make the semis. One of them definitely will not. Which one is over-rated?

gentenaire
May 27th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Neither. Everyone has good and bad days, one loss doesn't mean anything and certainly not against Casanova. I think Casanova is seriously underrated on these boards.

Knizzle
May 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Considering how well she has been playing lately, it was an upset, regardless of how well Casanova is. The highlights I've seen from the 2-6 6-3 6-4 semi with Venus, Sprem was amazing. Not many players can just hit winners like that off Venus. People will just gasping from shock.

If she had a virus, it's too bad because I was looking forward to a Sprem-Kuznetsova match up, and possible the Venus rematch.

She's not overrated, and I don't think it's possible to over confident
She's has been suddenly overrated after her performance in Berlin. I don't think her talent is overrated, but her current level is. I have the match against Venus and she was just swinging away and hitting winners. She wasn't really constructing alot of her points and Venus was feeding her shots to her hitting zone, but when Venus stopped, Sprem wasn't as effective. I don't think she's overconfident.

~{X}~
May 27th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Sprem isn't overrated, however Myriam is overwe...ahem anyway. J/k. No Myriam picked up the oppurtunity when she could and ran with it. It was smart of her to do so. I didn't watch the match but I did read news that Sprem was suffering a virus or something so she probably wasn't up to par with her game. It's a loss and well that's how life goes sometimes, she just has to pick herself up, dust the dirt off her shoulder and get ready for the grass! Myriam, continue winning, she won today right? lol. Maybe she can get to the 4th round or something? :)

GoGoMaggie
May 27th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I don't think she's overconfident herself but her fans seem to be. It seems on this board she's more or less overrated. She really hasn't beaten a big name yet as far as I know. She may have pushed Venus in Berlin but a lot of players have done it in the past such as Amy Frazier, who almost beat Venus when Venus was pre much invincible on U.S. hard courts.

V-MAC
May 27th, 2004, 02:14 PM
I hate act smug and gloat :angel: :p but after Sprem's match against Venus in Berlin,while everyone else was talking about her being a french open contender,I was very accurate in my post about her back then when i said it is way too early to decide yet if she is capable of winning the french and that her game is way too risky.looks like i was right.at least i don't feel foolish now as i didn't jump on the Sprem bandwagon back then unlike many other people here. :lol: :worship:

croat123
May 27th, 2004, 02:17 PM
myriam just took advantage of sprem's inability to play at her top form on that day. a good win for her. just remember that if k-lina was able to play well it would have ended differently

Joana
May 27th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Players lose sometimes. Some should get used to this concept.

Hantuchov
May 27th, 2004, 03:21 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

:lol: :bigwave:

Hantuchov
May 27th, 2004, 03:21 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

bandabou
May 27th, 2004, 03:34 PM
She got game....but still too young and inexperienced at the big stages for really to expect a slam semi from her already.

flyingmachine
May 27th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Nope she just need more experience that's all.

mariok
May 27th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Nope she just need more experience that's all.

Exactly. She's very talented, but unlike some, she didn't even have a real sponsor 'till resently. She's improving and learning. And that's why she'll be able to stay on top (if and when she gets there) a lot longer than most of those young girls such as Hantuchova, Dokic etc.
Keep on working,Karolina! :bounce:
And lets get over with this thread... :rolleyes: