PDA

View Full Version : 5-25-04 A few observations...

henree
May 26th, 2004, 07:28 AM
I thought Serena looked great today. SHe was very focused and held her serve pretty well. The outfit was cute, but I could do with put the flower. ;)

Venus was very rusty. Especially in the focus department. SHe needs work on her serve. I am worried about the ankle though. In her interview she said she is trying to keep matches short, to try not to further complicate things. I knew 2 weeks wasn't enough time to fully heal. I just hope she doesn't do further damage.

Capriati gave us another match to remember. I have one problem with her game though. She is too defensive minded. When she won in 2001 she was 60% offense 40% defense. She needs to be more agressive and dictate play more. This type of playing style will get her hammered by a determined Serena or Venus. No one's defense can withstand the Williams's sisters offensive barrage. :worship:

All in all a good day for fun matches to watch.

HectorMagnus
May 26th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Capriati gave us another match to remember. I have one problem with her game though. She is too defensive minded. When she won in 2001 she was 60% offense 40% defense. She needs to be more agressive and dictate play more. This type of playing style will get her hammered by a determined Serena or Venus. No one's defense can withstand the Williams's sisters offensive barrage. :worship:

All in all a good day for fun matches to watch.

I don't agree with you. I saw her during first and second set and she played agressive and offensive game. Stats said that she had 73% succes at the net but I must say that she was at the net many times and didn't won only two points. I understand that when Yulia started to play like never before, hitting winners left and right, Cappy was forced to play baseline game with no chance at all to dictate the play, Yulia was simply better at the moment so Jenn didn't have a chance to be more offensive.