Mary Pierce
May 25th, 2004, 10:38 AM
YAY!! :bounce:

GOO MARY

BTW her outfit was GREeeaaaaaTT!

Yeah she looked awesome, pink suits her! :kiss:

Declan
May 25th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Wa-hay! I was right! I said on here the other day that I thought Mary would win with ease! Now a seeded position at Wimbledon seems increasingly likely!

motta
May 25th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Here in Brasil we saw Fedrer and then the last games of asagoe vs hantuchova and now they are showing clemant vs santoro...someone saw mary vs claudine?

Scotso
May 25th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Allez Mary :bounce: :D

mamno_MARYFAN
May 25th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Yes...she did it!!!!!!!:worship:

I'm so happy...great score too!!!!:worship:

Can somebody tell me how's Mary performance in the match???....love to hear how she performed....

I'm sure Mary's alright now...this win will get her pumped up...:bounce: :bounce:

And gorgeous outfit....Mary the elegant dresser, as usual....:hearts:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

remyremy
May 25th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Hi, I'm new in the forum! Not exactly cause I come here for 2 or 3 months... Anyway... I'm french an I saw Mary's match against Schaul and I'm :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: . First of all, I'm sure Mary will be great in this RG 2004, I don't know why but I feel it... you'll see. The second point is not so optimistic : Mary was not fit at all ! Our speaker (sarah pitkowsky) said that Mary was discouraged las weeks and she stopped her diet :( In the first set (6-2) Mary hit the ball very well but she was sooooo sloooow. At the end of the 2nd set she was quicker and she came back from 1-3 and won 5 games. Finally, BRAVO Mary, but she has shown some weakness that mean that it will be difficult against Venus. I think she will win with her heart and a great 2nd round would certainly help for her confidence.

PS : Mary, please don't stay static,
you have to :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

mamno_MARYFAN
May 25th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the report remyremy....;)

Anyway...I guessed that Mary's not really moving well...

But I'm glad Mary's pumped up here in RG...and when Mary's pumped... I believe anything can happen...:D

Go Mary....go and beat Garcia!!!!!:bounce:

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2004, 12:44 PM
remyremy---Thanks so much for the report. Oh that is kinda of sad a bit about "discouraged las weeks and she stopped her diet".

I just love the outfit. Pink does suite Mary:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

But I am so happy that Mary has won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done and what were the crowd like !!!!!!!!!

Oh i have pics up on my site now from the match:

www.mary-pierce.org (http://www.mary-pierce.org/)

regards

Mark

sebbe
May 25th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Hi, I'm new in the forum! Not exactly cause I come here for 2 or 3 months... Anyway... I'm french an I saw Mary's match against Schaul and I'm :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: . First of all, I'm sure Mary will be great in this RG 2004, I don't know why but I feel it... you'll see. The second point is not so optimistic : Mary was not fit at all ! Our speaker (sarah pitkowsky) said that Mary was discouraged las weeks and she stopped her diet :( In the first set (6-2) Mary hit the ball very well but she was sooooo sloooow. At the end of the 2nd set she was quicker and she came back from 1-3 and won 5 games. Finally, BRAVO Mary, but she has shown some weakness that mean that it will be difficult against Venus. I think she will win with her heart and a great 2nd round would certainly help for her confidence.

Yeah that's was border me, she didn't move that fast hehe.

Tompier
May 25th, 2004, 12:56 PM
My gut feeling is that everyone will expect Schaul to trouble Mary given her form this week, but she'll be beaten easily.

Go Mary :banana:
I agree with Declan, Schaul will loose easily, Venus is different story :p but wait until 3 round :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DECLAN and TOMPIER we were right :p I am soooo happy :bounce: She was looking soo damn goood aut there :hearts: :inlove:
Her shots were great, She did some errors but what the hell it's her first match :)
The thing I am worry about is her movement :sad: I really do coz I thought She would be faster then I sow today, what do you think guys ??

Tompier
May 25th, 2004, 01:02 PM

I have just read that, and I you ere absolutly right She was slow :sad: I was very suprised, not to mention Schocked :p
She is realy realy slow and I can't say why is that, hasn't she been working on her shape lately :confused:
I hate this, that is the problem of all of her losts, If She was faster she would kick every ass out there

Tompier
May 25th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Mark you are the best :wavey:

remyremy
May 25th, 2004, 01:07 PM
If She was faster she would kick every ass out there
Oh yeah, for sure :devil:

Declan
May 25th, 2004, 01:24 PM
So she stopped her diet last week - would it have a noticable effect so quickly?

remyremy
May 25th, 2004, 01:32 PM
So she stopped her diet last week - would it have a noticable effect so quickly?
She stopped her diet last weekSSSSSSS ;)

Declan
May 25th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Well I just saw a few points of the match on Eurosport, and Mary looked fantastic! To me it didn't look as if she was carrying any excess weight -she looked light years away from 2002 when she still managed to reach the Quarter-Finals here.

remyremy
May 25th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Just a word to say that Venus played an excellent match against Tanasugarn (who played very well too) :eek: :eek: :eek: . Injuries are bad souvenirs now. I hope Mary will be confident and well mentally prepared :armed:

Tompier
May 25th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Well I just saw a few points of the match on Eurosport, and Mary looked fantastic! To me it didn't look as if she was carrying any excess weight -she looked light years away from 2002 when she still managed to reach the Quarter-Finals here.

few points can not make all the image (did I say it right ? it came out of my head :p) there were points where she was hopeless and I am not talking about some very fast ones from Schaul's side, Mary is slimmer then She was one year ago for sure, She looked absolutely beautifull but I am very suprised that her movement looks like this, She was so fast in Filderstadt last year and in Paris in February. I don't know what happened :confused:

Piotrek
May 25th, 2004, 03:01 PM
GREAT WIN FOR MARY :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2004, 03:02 PM
By Osian Shine

PARIS, May 25 (Reuters) - Mary Pierce cantered into the second round of the French Open on Tuesday, ousting Luxembourg's Claudine Schaul 6-2 6-3.

Pierce, the last Frenchwoman to win her home grand slam in 2000, is not considered a threat this year but did more than enough to cheer the early fans on centre court.

Dressed in pink and sliding around the Roland Garros clay as in her pomp, the 29-year-old heaved winners past Schaul from the start.

Pierce, seeded 30th, took the first set with powerful hitting off both sides before faltering at the beginning of the second set and allowing Schaul to break.

The home favourite soon reasserted control, however. As the stands filled and the sun beat down on the parched red clay, Pierce moved up a gear.

She ghosted a delicate drop shot beyond Schaul and then rushed the net forcing her into an error to break for 5-3.

With victory in sight, Pierce pummelled the ball away from her slight opponent and kept her off balance with well-timed drop shots.

She closed the match out with a crunching ace after 74 minutes. She will next meet Spain's Gala Leon Garcia.

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Tompier---My pleasure. I just love hunting for pics, it was a shame that I could not get hold of any NET CAM pics.

Thanks so much guysand ladys for all of the post about the match.

I hope that mary can speed up a bit. Maybe she was just a little stiff and I think a lack of matches as well.

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE SO PROUD OF YOU

Mark

Piotrek
May 25th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Match Summary

Pierce (FRA) Schaul (LUX)

1st Serve % 38 of 51 = 75 % 19 of 51 = 37 %

Aces 3 0

Double Faults 4 3

Unforced Errors 19 19

Winning % on 1st Serve 31 of 38 = 82 % 10 of 19 = 53 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 6 of 13 = 46 % 15 of 32 = 47 %

Winners (Including Service) 23 11

Receiving Points Won 26 of 51 = 51 % 14 of 51 = 27 %

Break Point Conversions 4 of 10 = 40 % 1 of 2 = 50 %

Net Approaches 10 of 13 = 77 % 5 of 11 = 45 %

Total Points Won 63 39

Fastest Serve 172 km/h 164 km/h

Average 1st Serve Speed 147 km/h 145 km/h

Average 2nd Serve Speed 131 km/h 118 km/h

saby
May 25th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Mary took some pounds since the open gaz de france, but she still got her power :bounce:

If she wants to go futher in the tournament she has to move faster, but, she was very good today besides a little disconcentration during second set, but she won.

Very good Mary I enjoyed to watch you play :cool:

:angel: :angel: :angel:

m_pierce fan
May 25th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Mary was looking grreat today :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I knew she would win...and I think she will win Leon-Garcia too...Venus is tougher task but who cares about Venus...Grreat work Maam!!

PS: Nice pics Mark!!Maam is looking good as always :)

NicoMary
May 25th, 2004, 04:52 PM
What a great outfit:eek: :eek: :hearts: :hearts: Terrific!!!!!!!first round:worship:

mauresmofan
May 25th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Maam is looking and playing great - next victim opponent is Gala Leon Garcia. Give her hell Maam!

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2004, 05:21 PM
French Open Magic Works Again for Pierce
PARIS (Reuters) - The French Open (news (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/manual/*http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=%22French%20Open%22&c=&n=20&yn=c&c=news&cs=nw) - web sites (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/manual/*http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?cs=nw&p=French%20Open)) worked its magic on Mary Pierce (news (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/tennis/*http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=%22Mary%20Pierce%22&c=&n=20&yn=c&c=news&cs=nw)) again on the Roland Garros center court on Tuesday.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20040525/amdf576983.jpg (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040525/photos_sp/mdf576983)
Reuters Photo (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040525/photos_sp/mdf576983)

The 29-year-old Frenchwoman, winner here in 2000, had endured a miserable few weeks with only two wins in her last five tournaments.

But Tuesday, she showed glimpses at least of her prime with a 6-2, 6-3 win over Luxembourg's Claudine Schaul, no mean achievement against a player who won the Strasbourg Open final last week at the expense of Lindsay Davenport (news (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/tennis/*http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=%22Lindsay%20Davenport%22&c=&n=20&yn=c&c=news&cs=nw)).

"It's just something really special about Roland Garros and playing here," Pierce said afterwards.

"It's just funny how it happens for me. When I start playing this tournament, it's amazing. It just brings the best out of me."

It was a marked improvement on last year at Roland Garros where she tumbled out at the first hurdle, losing to Argentine Clarisa Fernandez who had reached the semi-finals a year earlier.

ELEGANT TEENAGER

Pierce has been the player the French crowds have loved to love -- and hate -- since she first played at Roland Garros as an elegant 15-year-old in 1990.

She reached the final four years later but lost to Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario and was booed off court on several occasions after failing to progress until her 2000 win in the final over Spain's Conchita Martinez (news (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/tennis/*http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=%22Conchita%20Martinez%22&c=&n=20&yn=c&c=news&cs=nw)).

The Canadian-born Pierce missed the 2002 season because of a back injury but returned to court last year under the guidance of her former coach Sven Groeneveld.

Now ranked 31st, the former Australian Open (news (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/manual/*http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=%22Australian%20Open%22&c=&n=20&yn=c&c=news&cs=nw) - web sites (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/manual/*http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?cs=nw&p=Australian%20Open)) champion Pierce can have no serious pretensions about winning here for a second time but will at least enjoy her tennis again -- while it lasts -- at her favorite arena.

"I just love being here, the courts, the balls. Just everything about this setting and the fans. It's always been my favorite tournament," summed up Pierce, who next meets Spain's Gala Leon Garcia.

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2004, 05:22 PM
m_pierce_fan-----------My pleasure as always !!!!!!!! Please sign the guest book if you want LOL HINT HINT jejejejej

I just love the oufit !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

motta
May 25th, 2004, 07:33 PM
I don't think Venus played well against Tanasugarn. Both players made many unforced errors. Venus played welll just in the end of the first set but she was not doing anything special...I gess Mary got chances if she plays well... Venus is not in the same level as Serena.

Tompier
May 25th, 2004, 08:03 PM
I don't think Venus played well against Tanasugarn. Both players made many unforced errors. Venus played welll just in the end of the first set but she was not doing anything special...I gess Mary got chances if she plays well... Venus is not in the same level as Serena.you know what ?? Mary has great shots and plays well but wheb opponent makes her run it's absolutely different story, and Mary wasn't moving well during match, if She was faster she would kick Venus ass

m_pierce fan
May 26th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Mark---->yeah, I will!!
and yep....Maam looks grreat!!

mamno_MARYFAN
May 26th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Great work Mary...at least she's hitting great shots...who knows...maybe she'll in even better form in the next round...:angel:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

*Marat BigFan*
May 26th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Can anyone give me Mary VS. Leon Garcia H2H?

morbidangle
May 26th, 2004, 06:43 PM
From Bilal's website

Mary lead 2-0

1999 US Open R2 Mary won 6-3,6-2

2000 Hilton Head R1 Mary won 6-1,6-1

saby
May 26th, 2004, 09:03 PM
you know what ?? Mary has great shots and plays well but wheb opponent makes her run it's absolutely different story, and Mary wasn't moving well during match, if She was faster she would kick Venus ass
Please if it's a dream don't wake me up, I would love to see Mary kicking her ass, but I guess for now it's only Gala

:angel: please make our dream come true :angel:

:angel: :angel: :angel:

educ00
May 27th, 2004, 01:35 AM
I am usually positive: I am very happy Justin lost today! It is awful I make such a comment. But, I am happy. What a bad looser uh?

Oh well, gotta celebrate with the righ (or wrong) people. :)

Mark Spruce
May 27th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Mark---->yeah, I will!!
and yep....Maam looks grreat!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Mark

ashwu
May 27th, 2004, 06:14 AM
great win mary!!!

JMC
May 27th, 2004, 07:59 AM
:bounce: Hi every body i am new to write here (sorry for my baaaaaaaaaaaad english but as nobody's perfect (exept Mary of course he he he !!!) i am french !.... :wavey:
I come frequently to read you and it's so good to share these moments with others fans.I would like to say that more to be these "strange" great champion, with up and down, what makes really the difference with Queen Mary is that she is so much more than a Star tennis player, really there is something more in this Lady, that i could not determine but she is unique.The best proof is that or you adore her or you hate her; that's a sign.

What to think about her since Paris 2004 ?! I don't know so difficult now to give an advice...But in first round at RG, she surprised me again; she really hit the ball like no one else, and i agree with some of you : What a pity, because if she would be less static she would beat everybody that's clear !
But i don't know how to explain this feeling that i can feel she is gonna surprise everyone once again in this tournament.she is like this : you can never know....In few hours begins her second tour i can't wait anymore but i am confident.VIVA MARY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

morbidangle
May 27th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Hi JMC! Welcome to the boards..:wavey: Always great to see new Mary fans!

NicoMary
May 27th, 2004, 02:20 PM
:bounce: Hi every body i am new to write here (sorry for my baaaaaaaaaaaad english but as nobody's perfect (exept Mary of course he he he !!!) i am french !.... :wavey:
I come frequently to read you and it's so good to share these moments with others fans.I would like to say that more to be these "strange" great champion, with up and down, what makes really the difference with Queen Mary is that she is so much more than a Star tennis player, really there is something more in this Lady, that i could not determine but she is unique.The best proof is that or you adore her or you hate her; that's a sign.

What to think about her since Paris 2004 ?! I don't know so difficult now to give an advice...But in first round at RG, she surprised me again; she really hit the ball like no one else, and i agree with some of you : What a pity, because if she would be less static she would beat everybody that's clear !
But i don't know how to explain this feeling that i can feel she is gonna surprise everyone once again in this tournament.she is like this : you can never know....In few hours begins her second tour i can't wait anymore but i am confident.VIVA MARY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

You are welcome, i'am french too, there is several french on this board...WELCOME:wavey: