PDA

View Full Version : What's your tv coverage like today?

Greenout
May 24th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Just curious? I watched Justine, and now their showing Paradorn.

villa
May 24th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Henman, henman,henman and more henman! i hate this man... ive got 2 days off and thought i might see a few decent matchs but he's hogged up the coverage for today and when he eventually looses brit eurosport will probably be analyzing and lmourning his defeat for the rest of the day!

i hate him!

S-T-E-V-E
May 24th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Well, in Germany, we get coverage from 2 channels, one will begin his coverage at 2pm. Eurosport shows Tennis since 11am. First, we saw Sandrine vs Justine, got the last minutes of the match Petrova-Castano and now they show Agassi vs Haenel (?)...
:) :) :)

Mathijs
May 24th, 2004, 01:09 PM
don't know yet, saw couple of games of the Agassi match that's it for now, think i go watch RG now on ES or even teh Dutch TV (NOS), although i am not able to see it all :sad:

GoSandrine
May 24th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Taped coverage of Agassi on ESPN2 here in the States with no mention of the women's matches. :rolleyes:

I'd greatly appeciate any feedback on the first Chatrier match. Thanks. :bigwave:

tdsinusa
May 24th, 2004, 01:40 PM
ESPN2 now gives "updated" scores that are, in reality, over an hour old. ESPN is an embarrassment to the sport. Live action on 16 courts and they can't show any of it?

Melly Flew Us
May 24th, 2004, 01:42 PM
and here my only trouble was whether to set the video for france2, france3 or eurosport.

GoSandrine
May 24th, 2004, 01:47 PM
ESPN2 now gives "updated" scores that are, in reality, over an hour old. ESPN is an embarrassment to the sport. Live action on 16 courts and they can't show any of it?
agreed, let's complain :shout:

ozfan44
May 24th, 2004, 01:52 PM
wow in oz we get 30mins of highlights the next morning unless you have pay tv

GoSandrine
May 24th, 2004, 01:52 PM
ESPN2 just showed a point in Tim's tiebreak that occurred over an hour ago :rolleyes:

bee
May 24th, 2004, 02:25 PM
still showing sandrine and justine... ... :) :)

GoSandrine
May 24th, 2004, 02:51 PM
They just showed three points of Sandrine and Justine. :hearts: :bowdown:

jan.
May 24th, 2004, 02:51 PM
It was sandrine and justine then it was men and then its lindsay and the other girl now, my tv coverage is like 24/7. Like showing replys when they finish the day.

tdsinusa
May 24th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Hmmm... first Agassi on ESPN, then Davenport. Boy, I wonder if Roddick, Serena, Venus and Capriati will be up next and tomorrow?

Henman in a great comeback in a 5-setter live? I mean, why would anyone want to see something like that when they can watch taped coverage of match that wasn't close? I just wonder why ESPN bothers to go on air at 8am. They could start at 12 noon and have the exact same show.

I know ESPN got a lot of complaints for the coverage last year. And this is their response to it. Essentially, a big middle finger to anyone who actually bothers to tune in to watch.

Greenout
May 24th, 2004, 04:36 PM
My coverage is the same international feed as Australia's Fox Sport's.
We had the entire Justine match, then onto the Paradorn, switched over
to Coria, then onto taped Agassi ending last set, live back to Lindsay entire
match, then taped ending games of Henman, then now live with Roddick.
Pretty good.

tennisvideos
May 26th, 2004, 02:34 AM
wow in oz we get 30mins of highlights the next morning unless you have pay tv
Yes, Fox Sports coverage is great in Oz with 24 hour round the clock French Open footage. Live from 7pm for about 9 hours and then non-stop replays in case you didn't stay up late.

Then some of us are lucky to get Eurosport here too.

ozfan44 - you'll have to get Foxtel. :worship:

katrientje
May 26th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Coverage is quite brilliant in belgium, on the best moments they 're broadcasting on 5 channels

Tomas22
May 26th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Tuesday in Argentina: ESPN and ESPN +
Federer (live)
Santoro(live)
Dechy (live)
Venus (live)
Calleri (first set, live)
Nalbandian (live)
Gaudio - Caņas(live)
Gise - Martina (non-live)
Highlights (at this moment)

anton
May 26th, 2004, 04:20 AM
had to wait 3 hours to wathc venus. the men's 16-14 set was ridiculous...

Greenout
May 26th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Interesting. We had on day 2 Roger (live) Daniela(delayed 2nd set) Santoro(live) Ai (delayed ending points) Venus Williams(Live) Serena (delayed 2nd set) Original Martina (Live) Hewitt (live).... I went to sleep, past my bedtime.

Our coverage today is suppose to be Coria (live), Amelie (Live), Justine (live)and Roddick (live) with other matches between these featured matches on tape delayed in the final set.

tennisvideos
May 26th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Coverage is quite brilliant in belgium, on the best moments they 're broadcasting on 5 channels
5 Channels !!!!!!!!! :eek: I thought I had it good with 2 channels. Lucky you! :)

kerbear
May 26th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Interesting. We had on day 2 Roger (live) Daniela(delayed 2nd set) Santoro(live) Ai (delayed ending points) Venus Williams(Live) Serena (delayed 2nd set) Original Martina (Live) Hewitt (live).... I went to sleep, past my bedtime.

Our coverage today is suppose to be Coria (live), Amelie (Live), Justine (live)and Roddick (live) with other matches between these featured matches on tape delayed in the final set.

You have ESPN Greenout?

I know we had Roger, Santoro (live but just the end), Venus, Serena, Martina (just 2nd set, tape), Jennifer (live but only end of 3rd set). Now I believe they're showing Jenn again but starting at 4 all in second set.

I'm not positive about the first 3 or if there was more. I didn't start watching until Serena.

LucasArg
May 26th, 2004, 05:40 AM
Tuesday in Argentina: ESPN and ESPN +
Federer (live)
Santoro(live)
Dechy (live)
Venus (live)
Calleri (first set, live)
Nalbandian (live)
Gaudio - Caņas(live)
Gise - Martina (non-live)
Highlights (at this moment)
Yeahh I am soo happy to have this huge coverage, also America channel is showing live matches!:D

Greenout
May 26th, 2004, 06:10 AM
You have ESPN Greenout?

I know we had Roger, Santoro (live but just the end), Venus, Serena, Martina (just 2nd set, tape), Jennifer (live but only end of 3rd set). Now I believe they're showing Jenn again but starting at 4 all in second set.

I'm not positive about the first 3 or if there was more. I didn't start watching until Serena.

No. I'm a US citizen based in Singapore. We've got the international
feed that's for the Asia/Pacific region, and the commentary is
from FOX Sports(Australia with John Barrett, Fred Stolle, Annabelle
Croft, Virginia Rizzici etc..).

Experimentee
May 26th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I'm so pissed off that we arent getting ANY coverage of the FO, only about 30 mins of highlights every day :rolleyes:
They used to show the FO for the last few years, but for some reason they stopped this year.
I'm not getting Foxtel bc I refuse to pay for something that used to be free, and also I wouldnt watch it much, apart from when tennis is on, which is like 10 weeks of the year.

Experimentee
May 26th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Henman, henman,henman and more henman! i hate this man... ive got 2 days off and thought i might see a few decent matchs but he's hogged up the coverage for today and when he eventually looses brit eurosport will probably be analyzing and lmourning his defeat for the rest of the day!

i hate him!

Thats like Australia and Hewitt :lol:

croat123
May 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
i haven't been watching all day, but i think espn has been live :eek:

amelie
henin (didn't see it but they must have shown it)
spadea :rolleyes: at least he lost :angel:
roddick :rolleyes:

tdsinusa
May 26th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Well, someone must have finally awaken from their hibernation at ESPN. Ever since breaking into taped coverage of Navratilova-Dulko at the end of Tuesday's coverage to go with live action of Capriati-Beygelzimer at 3-3 in the 3rd set, it's been live coverage all the way. Of course, why it took until 3-3 in the 3rd to go to that match is another dilemma altogether.

ESPN2 opened at 8am on Wednesday with live matches. Hallelujah! Now was that so hard? The only question is why it took until Day 3 to learn the most basic tenet of televised sports -- live is ALWAYS the way to go.