PDA

View Full Version : Free to air, Roland G Coverage... (discussion)

SpikeyAidanm
May 24th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Each day (starting from Tuesday)

6:00-6:30 am

French Open Championships 2004 - Highlights (30 mins )
Genre: Sport

Delayed highlights from the most important clay court championship.

6:00-6:30 pm

French Open Championships 2004: Highlights (30 mins )
Genre: Sport

French Open Tennis Championships 2004. Daily highlights from the most prestigious of clay court championships.

Are these two programs the same thing? 6:00am and 6:00pm :cuckoo:

Comments bout the coverage in this thread (lucky Foxtel ppl stay out of here :lol: :o )

SpikeyAidanm
May 24th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Let's see if this rates better than the "pointless 4 hours" cov we got from Chn. 7 for the past 2 years...

SM
May 24th, 2004, 02:39 AM
well its good this way cos we get to see snippets of the best matches instead of having to sit thru looong matches for 2 weeks, and lose sleep.

AUSBOY
May 24th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Good?? R u on drugs SM??? I'd rather watch 2 hours of Molik vs Myskina than 2 points! Generally in the 30 minutes you get 10-12 minutes of ads, 9 mins of mens highlights and about 6-7 mins of womens highlights if you are lucky.

The coverage of this grand slam is a joke!!!!

Vicky88
May 24th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Actually I just logged on to find out this very question. What channels show the tennis in Australia and what coverage can we expect. We have just returned to Oz after a few years away so have no idea what to expect. The good news is that I am getting Austar installed tomorrow, can't cope with the dirge and constant stream of commercials on regular TV, so is there other tennis shown on the Austar network?

Completely off tennis, does anyone know if The Tour de France is shown in it's entire format in Oz or can I look forward to 5 minute snippets?

SpikeyAidanm
May 24th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Good?? R u on drugs SM??? I'd rather watch 2 hours of Molik vs Myskina than 2 points! Generally in the 30 minutes you get 10-12 minutes of ads, 9 mins of mens highlights and about 6-7 mins of womens highlights if you are lucky.

The coverage of this grand slam is a joke!!!!

No ads within the 30mins in ABC, better than staying up all night for a 3 horus Hewitt match and getting no women's tennis at all (happens often!), at least we get a thorough glimpse this year round. :)

AUSBOY
May 24th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Its on the ABC????? It will still be the same snippets program though I suspect, just drawn out somehow

broncosven
May 24th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Im sry i have foxtel . . but tend to agree that even on foxtel they dont necessarily show the best match and by accident could show a 5 set snooze feast then a 2 set awesome match

i certainly can sympothise with you though and agree that the coverage that most sports get is dismal !!

SM
May 24th, 2004, 12:02 PM
well ausboy im sure if u really wanted to see a particular match you could make the effort to go to someones place to see it ie myskina vs molik, or even to some bar/club etc. works for me..

tiger123
May 24th, 2004, 03:25 PM
well ausboy im sure if u really wanted to see a particular match you could make the effort to go to someones place to see it ie myskina vs molik, or even to some bar/club etc. works for me..

Nicole Pratt (AUS) v. Tina Pisnik (SLO) is the next match on court 4. I doubt they will televise this match as Foxtel is taking a feed from BBC i think ( bloody have to listen to John Barrett and some English women!). Not sure if Ch 7 is doing the 2nd week - much prefer Sandy Roberts and John Alexander's & Fitzy's commentary. Though I saw Wally Masur & Fred Stolle do a preview for Fox Sports live from Paris so maybe they will commentate the Aussies matches??

tiger123
May 24th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Other Aussies in action on Day 1 of the French Open:

3rd Match Court 16
Christina Wheeler (AUS) v. Marta Marrero (ESP)

4th Match Court 1
Wayne Arthurs (AUS) v. Nicolas Escude (FRA)

4th Match Court 7
Mark Philippoussis (AUS)[18] v. Luis Horna (PER)

4th Match Court 10
Todd Reid (AUS) V Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)

Flip on an outside court should draw a crowd. Cant believe they have put all the Aussies on at the same time. Will keep Fitzy and Wally busy running btw Courts 1,7 & 10!

AUSBOY
May 24th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Court 4 is an outside court, like Court 6 at Aust Open, it wont be televised unless they move a gib crane and cameraman especially! Same goes for the other courts with Aussies.

tiger123
May 24th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Court 4 is an outside court, like Court 6 at Aust Open, it wont be televised unless they move a gib crane and cameraman especially! Same goes for the other courts with Aussies.

sometimes they have camera's over the courts. I have seen Ch9 televise Aussies on outside courts before at Wimbledon & US Open. But that is because they take their own camera's over. Foxtel unfortunatly take a feed from an international network ( i think its Sky Sports or the Tennis Channel?).

I can remember a few years ago when Hewitt made the Qtr Finals of the French Open and was playing Juan-Carlos Ferreo, Fox Sports missed the 1st set because they were showing another match! Ch 7 wasnt even televising the tourrnament then. 7 then did the last 4 days the year after and last year covered the whole tournament including all the Aussie's match's. It musnt have rated well so the first week is only on Fox Sports.

tiger123
May 24th, 2004, 03:53 PM
sometimes they have camera's over the courts. I have seen Ch9 televise Aussies on outside courts before at Wimbledon & US Open. But that is because they take their own camera's over. Foxtel unfortunatly take a feed from an international network ( i think its Sky Sports or the Tennis Channel?).

I can remember a few years ago when Hewitt made the Qtr Finals of the French Open and was playing Juan-Carlos Ferreo, Fox Sports missed the 1st set because they were showing another match! Ch 7 wasnt even televising the tourrnament then. 7 then did the last 4 days the year after and last year covered the whole tournament including all the Aussie's match's. It musnt have rated well so the first week is only on Fox Sports.

N.Pratt VS T.Pisik 2-1 , Nicole broke Pisnik in the first game!!

tiger123
May 24th, 2004, 04:03 PM
N.Pratt VS T.Pisik 2-1 , Nicole broke Pisnik in the first game!!

N.Pratt V T.Pisnik 2-2

W.Athris V N.Escude 1-0

Good luck to Christina, Mark & Todd later tonight as well. Hopefully when i wake up in the morning we will have 5 Aussies in the 2nd Rnd!!!

Then Lleyton, Alicia and Sam take to the court Tuesday night. Cmon!!

Fraggle
May 25th, 2004, 12:16 AM
This year the tv is a bloody disgrace....golf still get their majors shown live on free to air, the tennis should be the same.

broncosven
May 25th, 2004, 12:48 AM
tennis is better then golf !!

SpikeyAidanm
May 25th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Aussies 0-4 today :help:

AUSBOY
May 25th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Anyone watch ABC highlights? is the am show the same as the pm show?

ozfan44
May 25th, 2004, 09:03 AM
yes the pm is a repeat

SpikeyAidanm
May 25th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Yeh its a repeat :rolleyes:

The highlights sucked, hardly any womens matches shown.

ozfan44
May 25th, 2004, 09:06 AM
yer it was crap all about andre losing mainly

Mr_Molik
May 25th, 2004, 09:53 AM
did ne1 see the RG preview on fox sports?
they interviewed alicia and she sounds very confident (although this was a few weeks ago)
they showed a clip of her playing probly 5 yrs ago against one of the williams she looked so cute :hearts:

SpikeyAidanm
May 25th, 2004, 09:55 AM
pff lucky u, but this thread is only for free-to-air disucssion :( ;)