PDA

View Full Version : FO 1st Rnd: [30]Pierce -v- Schaul

Mary Pierce
May 21st, 2004, 12:44 PM
Mary will play Luxembourg's Claudine Schaul in the 1st round at the French Open and will possibly meet 4th seed Venus in the 3rd round.

I actually think Mary has quite a good draw given her high seeding. If she could get two good matches under her belt she could stun Venus at home on the clay.

Then again her clay season has not been its usual success and Claudine has already made the semi's at Strasbourg this week alone.

What do we think?? :angel:

GO MARY! :p

sebbe
May 21st, 2004, 01:14 PM
Mary will play Luxembourg's Claudine Schaul in the 1st round at the French Open and will possibly meet 4th seed Venus in the 3rd round.

I actually think Mary has quite a good draw given her high seeding. If she could get two good matches under her belt she could stun Venus at home on the clay.

Then again her clay season has not been its usual success and Claudine has already made the semi's at Strasbourg this week alone.

What do we think?? :angel:

GO MARY! :p

I think.....no way that Mary can stun Venus. Venus has won 2 titles this
spring and she is in a very high level now and as we know Mary has totally lost her great form so. I think that Mary is lucky if she even reach the third round.

Mark Spruce
May 21st, 2004, 01:33 PM
Well i am going to take the view of one match at a time.

Hey you knever know what might happen !!!!!!!!!! Venus might have an off day before she plays the 3rd round and looses.

SO LETS ALL BE POSITIVE AND CHEER ON MARY SO MUCH!!!!

yeeeeeeeeee GO MARY ypppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

regards

mark

Scotso
May 21st, 2004, 01:55 PM
Allez Mary! :bounce:

Declan
May 21st, 2004, 02:42 PM
My gut feeling is that everyone will expect Schaul to trouble Mary given her form this week, but she'll be beaten easily. I'd love Mary to play -and beat -Granville in the second round: I still bear a grudge from Wimbledon two years ago!

mamno_MARYFAN
May 21st, 2004, 03:13 PM
Well...I hope Mary does well...I'm sure she will...;)

I agree with u Mark...one match at a time...:angel:

I'll always keep my fingers crossed ok...so...

Good Luck Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Tompier
May 21st, 2004, 03:31 PM
Go Mary :banana:
I agree with Declan, Schaul will loose easily, Venus is different story :p but wait until 3 round :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

morbidangle
May 21st, 2004, 04:20 PM
Claudine will be tough, but I dont see Mary losing in the first round two years in a row, so I really really really hope Mary will win that match. The Venus match is looking ahead in the future, and we shouldnt do that just yet!

Mark Spruce
May 21st, 2004, 07:24 PM
All I hope that Mary is happy with herself.

I have the faith in Mary.

Well what ever happens I am always marys loyal fan

Mark

NicoMary
May 21st, 2004, 07:46 PM
I have to say that Claudine is a good player, I saw her at the open gaz de France earlier this year and she is really good...not very powerfull and small, but really quick on her legs...however Mary shouldn't have many problems to go through her first round...:bounce: :)

Piotrek
May 22nd, 2004, 11:34 AM
Gooooooooooooooooooooo Mary !!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Piotrek
May 22nd, 2004, 12:12 PM
Claudine Schaul is in final in Strasbourg :unsure:

Nicoleke
May 22nd, 2004, 12:53 PM
Claudine Schaul is in final in Strasbourg :unsure:
Yes, that' s a good news. She' ll maybe be tired to play against our Mary Pierce :) !!!!!

Mark Spruce
May 22nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
Well that is good news in one way and bad in the other. Let's hope it is a really long 3 set match LOL.

Maybe Mary should have some one there at the final to do some scouting.

Well wishing Mary all of the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care

Mark

NicoMary
May 22nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
What a great challenge for Mary Pierce (one more)!!!:bounce:

Mary who lost in 2003 in the first round of RG, has this year to face a young and strong player...who coming almost from nowhere has just won the title in Strasbourg defeating Lindsay Davenport(not the best version) in the final in three sets:eek: :eek: :eek:

If Mary is not injured it will be for her a great challenge, a good first round against Schaul could put her in a great way...if Mary is not good this could be a bad draw, playing such a good and cconfident player for the first round:fiery:
but let see what's happen...Points by points, Match by match, Day by day;)

ghosts
May 22nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
Claudine :speakles:

Wizzy Maryfan
May 22nd, 2004, 10:21 PM
It will be so difficult, not to say impossible :confused: :sad:

saby
May 23rd, 2004, 02:36 AM
COME ON !!!

LET'S HAVE POSITIVES THOUGHTS

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Mark Spruce
May 23rd, 2004, 04:47 AM
I am with SABY :angel: :angel: :angel:

POSITVE THOUGHTS FROM ME TO MARY !! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

regards

Mark

morbidangle
May 23rd, 2004, 08:48 AM
GOOO MARY :bounce:

I really dont see her losing in the first round again!

Wizzy Maryfan
May 23rd, 2004, 09:04 AM
We will see on Tuesday !

I cross my fingers :wavey:

m_pierce fan
May 23rd, 2004, 09:56 AM
The thing is that if Mary plays her own game, she will win this match for sure in 2 sets...otherwise it's gonna be different story....

BTW: we have to remember that Claudine has never played on center courts and now she has to play...and Maam is used to that...so I think that Claudine will have troubles because of that....

My prediction: Mary in 2 sets !! :hearts: :hearts:

mamno_MARYFAN
May 23rd, 2004, 11:38 AM
yeah...I feel that this Schaul girl has already been taken so much out of her emotionally at Strausberg...and anyway I guess she's much too young and inexperienced to carry her momentum into the following tournament....especially tournies that is as big as RG....not many players can do that...:rolleyes:

So I think it all depends on Mary...how much she wants to win...if she's hungry enough and on fire she will destroy this Schaul girl...in great shape or not...we know that RG has always been an emotional thing for Mary...(and for me too)...:D

so having said that...fingers crossed for Mary's first round...

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
May 24th, 2004, 04:31 AM
BEST OF LUCK MARY !!!!!!!!!

Does any one know if Mary will play doubles I hope she will.

regards

Mark

saby
May 24th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Mary will play on center court at 11am :angel:

CHATRIER Début à 11:00 1.Simple Dames - 1er Tour Mary Pierce (http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/bios/ws/wtap142.html) (FRA)[30] v. Claudine Schaul (http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/bios/ws/wtas777.html) (LUX)
http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/scores/schedule/index.html (http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/scores/schedule/index.html)

Tompier
May 24th, 2004, 06:14 PM
what a great news Saby :) :wavey:

NicoMary
May 24th, 2004, 07:52 PM
First match on the:worship: :hearts: :eek: CENTER COURT:eek: :hearts: :worship:

K'MON Girl!!!!!! Do your best and have FUN

Scotso
May 24th, 2004, 08:41 PM
nice of them to put Mary on center :D

saby
May 24th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I really hope the center court will be like a :angel: "lucky charm" :angel: for Mary

I keep my fingers cross and all best wishes for Mary

sebbe
May 24th, 2004, 10:06 PM
BEST OF LUCK MARY !!!!!!!!!

Does any one know if Mary will play doubles I hope she will.

regards

Mark

Mary is not playing doubles, she is not in the draw.

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2004, 03:39 AM
Sebbe--That is a shame I thought that Mary might want to try and play as many games as possible to get her match fitness up.

Wel best of luck for Mary. That is really kind of them to put Mary on CHATRIER. I hope that the crowd will be really loud and Cheering Mary so much !!!!!!!

I will be asleep when the match starts. So I will not watch the match and worry about Mary. I think that some times I worry and it makes Mary play not so well. JUST A THING I HAVE :eek: :eek: :eek: So being asleep will help Mary play better jejejeje

Well best of luck Mary. Will say a huge prayer for you tonight.

take care

KEEP THE FAITH

Mark

Mark Spruce
May 25th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Since I won't be around for the match. If any one is watching the match via the live ScoreBoard thing, evne if you are not. Would it be so kind of you if you could save the NET CAM PICS of Mary. As I would love to put them on my site as well.

I hope that you do not mind me asking.

take care and thank you

regards

Mark