PDA

View Full Version : WOW-- CNNSI'S Jon Wertheim said somthing good about Mary

Mark Spruce
May 18th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Found this in the Jon Wertheim Mail bag on CNNSI. And he said somthing good about Mary :eek: :eek: :eek: He does not do it that often.

regards

Mark

----------------------------------------

Do you see Mary Pierce making the tennis Hall of Fame? I mean, she's had such an up-and-down career in addition to the controversy surrounding her father, but how many women can actually say they have two Grand Slams to their name? What do you think?
-- Michael Mungin, Seattle
That's a close one. But I tend to agree with you. She gets points for two Majors, a good deal of time spent in the top 10 and a career that has exceeded a decade. And she gets a University of Michigan admissions office "plus factor" for overcoming personal hardship. She loses points for wild inconsistency, a string of injuries, and some dismal upset losses. But we're easy. Easy like Sunday morning. On balance, we'll give her the nod.

NicoMary
May 18th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Good analisis, mary deserve to be recognize as a champion and a sort of icon in the world of tennis....that's cool:hearts: :D :)

mamno_MARYFAN
May 18th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Great words...so happy for Mary that she is being greatly appreciated...:hearts:

Would love to add some positive notes here:

1) Who was the last person to beat Steffi Graf by the score of 6-2 6-2 ???

2) Who was the last person to lose only 4 games en route to the semifinals of any Grand Slam tournament???

3) Who was the last person to beat Martina Hingis by the score of 6-0 6-0???

4) Who was the last person to beat Serena Williams by the score of 6-1 6-2???

Well...who else but my queen....

MARY PIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Declan
May 18th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Great - and correct - that Mary would be considered for such an honour. 'A good deal of time in the Top Ten'? Try a 'great' deal of time: six year end placings actually! Plus a doubles Slam championship to be mentioned! Plus reaching a Slam final unseeded (Australian '97)! Mary is a cert for MANY reasons! And surely the 'string of injuries' shouldn't be held against her???

Piotrek
May 22nd, 2004, 11:36 AM
Do you see Mary Pierce making the tennis Hall of Fame? I mean, she's had such an up-and-down career in addition to the controversy surrounding her father, but how many women can actually say they have two Grand Slams to their name? What do you think?
-- Michael Mungin, Seattle
That's a close one. But I tend to agree with you. She gets points for two Majors, a good deal of time spent in the top 10 and a career that has exceeded a decade. And she gets a University of Michigan admissions office "plus factor" for overcoming personal hardship. She loses points for wild inconsistency, a string of injuries, and some dismal upset losses. But we're easy. Easy like Sunday morning. On balance, we'll give her the nod.

:worship: :worship: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: