PDA

View Full Version : German tennis magazine

Bероника
May 17th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Just find the following report about our Eleni in german tennis magazine website.

Maybe Gala or some other kind Eleni fan could translate it for the rest of us.

http://www.tennismagazin.de/tennis/personal/feature/daniilidou.html

tom2791
May 19th, 2004, 11:42 AM
I have translated it for the fans I speak a small bit of german but I used a translater for this so it may not be correct! I quite like Eleni this is what it said:

By coincidence she came to the tennis. Nearly posed on itself alone, it became with 15 years professional. And owing to German support Eleni Daniilidou arrived now at the Top 15. A success model. Their name sounds like a soft Ouzo of the Peloponnes: Daniilidou. Only a tongue crusher. But if one learned it, one does not forget it any longer. Optimally for advertising purposes. And Eleni Daniilidou, born on Crete and Greece first Top Spielerin since Niki Kalogeropoulos in the sixties, is as production for a werbefigur. Prettily, young and successfully. But not at all taken off and unnahbar. Separate a genuine type of buddy. The greetings are cordially safe with firm handshake, their English. Their stylische sun glasses carry it leave. The sun gleams in its pitch-black hair and on their brown skin. There it sits now, the "Rising star" of the lady tennis from Thessaloniki, the second largest Greek city. There tennis is as in completely Greece a kind of sport under many. Only football comes, then basketball and far somewhere down in this list: Tennis. By Eleni Daniilidou movement into the Ranking of the most popular Greek disciplines came. Because is the 1.82 meters large athlete on the way to the tennis Olymp. At the end of of 2000 was platziert the 20-year old beyond the 300er mark in the world rank list. Now she in front-worked herself up to place 14 with close contact to the Top Ten. It came coincidentally and late to the tennis. Like a modern Greek Heldensaga sounds, but she "was really so", insures Eleni Daniilidou. It was nine years old and played like each day with friends basketball in the sport center of Thessaloniki, which lay in the neighbourhood of its parents' house. A tennis coach observed it with their play. Him the fine movements and he pleased addressed them: "not times desire to play tennis?" Eleni could be asked not for a long time, seized to the racquet and discovered their new passion. "one week later flehte I means father on that it was to buy a Racket", tells it to me laughing. Vassilis Daniilidou, a dentist in Thessaloniki, gave the desired racquet to its daughter. And Eleni went each day to the Hardcourts of the sport center. After a few months became it member of a genuine tennis club and with 14 already reached it their first final with a ITF Satelite Event. With 15 schmiss them the school and professional became. "I made that at that time everything on own fist with the family and friends, because a system for promotion of young people as in many other countries gives it in Greece not", says it.

galadriel
May 23rd, 2004, 02:39 PM
I have translated it for the fans I speak a small bit of german but I used a translater for this so it may not be correct! I quite like Eleni this is what it said:

By coincidence she came to the tennis. Nearly posed on itself alone, it became with 15 years professional. And owing to German support Eleni Daniilidou arrived now at the Top 15. A success model. Their name sounds like a soft Ouzo of the Peloponnes: Daniilidou. Only a tongue crusher. But if one learned it, one does not forget it any longer. Optimally for advertising purposes. And Eleni Daniilidou, born on Crete and Greece first Top Spielerin since Niki Kalogeropoulos in the sixties, is as production for a werbefigur. Prettily, young and successfully. But not at all taken off and unnahbar. Separate a genuine type of buddy. The greetings are cordially safe with firm handshake, their English. Their stylische sun glasses carry it leave. The sun gleams in its pitch-black hair and on their brown skin. There it sits now, the "Rising star" of the lady tennis from Thessaloniki, the second largest Greek city. There tennis is as in completely Greece a kind of sport under many. Only football comes, then basketball and far somewhere down in this list: Tennis. By Eleni Daniilidou movement into the Ranking of the most popular Greek disciplines came. Because is the 1.82 meters large athlete on the way to the tennis Olymp. At the end of of 2000 was platziert the 20-year old beyond the 300er mark in the world rank list. Now she in front-worked herself up to place 14 with close contact to the Top Ten. It came coincidentally and late to the tennis. Like a modern Greek Heldensaga sounds, but she "was really so", insures Eleni Daniilidou. It was nine years old and played like each day with friends basketball in the sport center of Thessaloniki, which lay in the neighbourhood of its parents' house. A tennis coach observed it with their play. Him the fine movements and he pleased addressed them: "not times desire to play tennis?" Eleni could be asked not for a long time, seized to the racquet and discovered their new passion. "one week later flehte I means father on that it was to buy a Racket", tells it to me laughing. Vassilis Daniilidou, a dentist in Thessaloniki, gave the desired racquet to its daughter. And Eleni went each day to the Hardcourts of the sport center. After a few months became it member of a genuine tennis club and with 14 already reached it their first final with a ITF Satelite Event. With 15 schmiss them the school and professional became. "I made that at that time everything on own fist with the family and friends, because a system for promotion of young people as in many other countries gives it in Greece not", says it.
Thank you Tom 2791 :kiss:

galadriel
May 23rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
My english is not so good:sad: ,but here is the rest of this report:D

Ute Strakerjahn (her coach) says : "Eleni have so much talent.She can reach the top". Ute Strakerjahn and Judith Sprenger are both Eleni's coach.Eleni live in the same house with Ute and Judith when she is training in germany.:D "I like both .We are a great team "smilled Eleni.
Eleni also have a german manager:D Mr. Krenkel (the manager ) says about Eleni "Greek creativity and german discipline!! This girl have both of it "He is sure that Eleni is making her way.
Ute also said "Eleni is "playing" (and she mean playing like a child who plays with toys)Tennis.She is not a monoton Ball thrasher".

When Eleni is coming back to Athens (that's only happening in the winter month's )then she is the "absolute" star :D Tv,Press conferences,talk shows .
There is not so much time for family and friends .
Her biggest goal is the olympic games in Athens.She is the great "hope" for the greek tennis fans.She is so excited to play in Greece ,because there is no other "tennis tournament".The olympic games are her only chance to play for in front of her family,friends and fans:D

She also said in Berlin "Germany is my second home :D I feel always good to play here :D

Bероника
May 24th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks a lot Gala& Tom for this translation!!!
Wow lucky Gala,if Eleni lives in Germany,you might find her someday in the street lol

AleOrtu
Jun 1st, 2004, 06:52 AM
Thank youuuuuu!!
Vero!! Great job finding this article :kiss:
Tom! Great job translating it ;)
Manuela!! :hug: Thank you :kiss:

Bероника
Jun 1st, 2004, 01:30 PM
You're welcome,Catriel.:kiss:

I love to share anything related with Eleni with other fans :wavey:

LuckyStrike
Jul 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Lena will improve in the US and then she will be well prepared for the Tournament of her Life!!!! Go, Lena!!!

elinas
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks For All Veronika!!!!!!!!

louloudik
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Thank u, thank u, thank u!!!!
That was great.