PDA

View Full Version : Kournikova's Korner...

DA FOREHAND
May 13th, 2004, 05:26 PM
In this korner we will kompose a list of all those players who we hoped would turn thier skills into great things on the tennis court.

Helen Kelisi(s/p)

Anna K

Iva Majoli

Jelena Dokic

A slew of other Russians.

SelesFan70
May 13th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Stevenson (there's still time) ;)

barmaid
May 13th, 2004, 05:43 PM
"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen.

I always maintained that Martina "lost" that match more than Steffi won it...she had it in her grasp before letting her emotions unravel for all the world to see:rolleyes: Petulance is a quality not to persue while playing tennis...:sad:

barmaid:wavey:

DA FOREHAND
May 13th, 2004, 06:19 PM
"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen.

I always maintained that Martina "lost" that match more than Steffi won it...she had it in her grasp before letting her emotions unravel for all the world to see:rolleyes: Petulance is a quality not to persue while playing tennis...:sad:

barmaid:wavey:
LOL

Can I borrow your rose colored glasses? Martina wasn't mentally strong enough to take Steffi out. Her lack of mental fortitude is what ultimately drove her out of the game. Yeah yeah she had an ankel injury (blamed the shoes) but the doctors said she could play. When Steffi stopped missing the "genius" didn't have a clue as to what to do. N.E. WAY

I'd like to add

Anke Huber

davenport_1
May 13th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Barbara Schett!

Martian Willow
May 13th, 2004, 07:02 PM
...oh yeah...the doctor, who has a far better understanding of what's required to compete at the top in professional tennis, and the state of Martinas' ankles, than silly ol Martina herself, said she 'could play'...

...Mirjana Lucic...Patty Schnyder (for some reason)... :)

DA FOREHAND
May 13th, 2004, 07:05 PM
"the doctor, who has a far better understanding of what's required to compete at the top in professional tennis, and the state of Martinas' ankles, than silly ol Martina herself"

the doctor, who has a far better understanding of what's required to compete at the top in professional tennis, and the state of Martinas' mind, than silly ol Martina herself

Martian Willow
May 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM
...the doctor, and DA FOREHAND, who both have a far better understanding of what's required to compete at the top in professional tennis, and the state of Martinas' ankles, and the state of Martinas' mind, than silly ol Martina herself... :)

DA FOREHAND
May 13th, 2004, 07:19 PM
History, Hingis quit, get over it already.

Amelie Mauresmo?

davenport_1
May 13th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Iroda Tulyaganova!

Martian Willow
May 13th, 2004, 07:24 PM
...you started it...Marissa Irvin (I think?)... :)

tenn_ace
May 13th, 2004, 07:27 PM
In this korner we will kompose a list of all those players who we hoped would turn thier skills into great things on the tennis court.

Helen Kelisi(s/p)

Anna K

Iva Majoli

Jelena Dokic

A slew of other Russians.

a slew of those Russians (most of them) are much younger than a slew of Williamses, so certainly have their tennis career ahead of them.

DA FOREHAND
May 13th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Ashley Harkleroad

A'DAM
May 13th, 2004, 07:48 PM
History, Hingis quit, get over it already.

Amelie Mauresmo?

HE :confused:

- L i n a -
May 13th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Shouldn't we ban trolls like this?

DA FOREHAND
May 13th, 2004, 07:53 PM
a slew of those Russians (most of them) are much younger than a slew of Williamses, so certainly have their tennis career ahead of them.

Yeah and Anna was still a little bit better than Venus, because she lost the match because she was tired. :rolleyes: :wavey: :drool: :tape: :lol:

SpikeyAidanm
May 13th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Viele

anton
May 13th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Viele
She quit tennis to model.:lol:

Gowza
May 14th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Viele
i heard she's beginning to play tennis this year again

jojoseph
May 14th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Come back Marti! :worship:

She's still the most capable of the bunch.