PDA

View Full Version : Interesting theory on Nav's "return"?

SelesFan70
May 13th, 2004, 03:28 PM
My roommate thinks the French Open gave her the wildcard to fill up the seats since so many of the current top players will be misisng or injured and that they just want to sell tickets. It's a plausible theory, n'est ce pas?

Spirit
May 13th, 2004, 03:31 PM
The problem with this theory is that even if the entire Top 50 was there, she would still have gotten a wild card.

GoDominique
May 13th, 2004, 03:33 PM
And it's only for one match.

Experimentee
May 13th, 2004, 03:34 PM
She will fill up seats regardless of top players being there or not. Shes a big attraction. Of course that was one reason they gave her the WC.

GoDominique
May 13th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Or 2 if she plays against Stevenson in the first round.
Alex won't be in the draw, except she gets a WC too.

TonyP
May 13th, 2004, 05:00 PM
It is one reason, that's for sure. Seats filled or not, there is always the matter of TV coverage.

Lady
May 13th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Wouldn't you enlighen me, who are those MANY top players, that are missing RG??

I personally heard only Kim Clijsters> :shrug: She's important to the draw, but still doesn't qualifies as MANY!

SelesFan70
May 13th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Wouldn't you enlighen me, who are those MANY top players, that are missing RG??

I personally heard only Kim Clijsters> :shrug: She's important to the draw, but still doesn't qualifies as MANY!

Henin-Hardenne is questionable at best :sad:
Venus' ankle makes her questionable :sad:
Serena's knee? Who knows! :sad:
Monica :sad:

That's why I said "missing or injured"

Sorry for the confusion... :cool:

Lady
May 13th, 2004, 06:44 PM
But they all (exept Monica now) is still not OUT, and that's great :banana: Let's be optimistic ;) :D

Martian Willow
May 13th, 2004, 06:54 PM
...from what I've seen of the early rounds at RG, filling seats is not high on their list of priorities... :)

thegoose
May 13th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Do you think they will definitly put her on the main show court then at Rolland Garros for her 1st round match despite being unranked etc? Unless she gets drawn against a top player and then it would be interesting!

schris
May 13th, 2004, 08:48 PM
The true theory on Nav`s return is...she came back because she wants to break Steffi`s rekord in prize money ;)

SM
May 14th, 2004, 04:28 AM
good on her...

shows she has a true passion for the sport, shes got nothing to prove she is sooooo loaded and its good to see her out there still swinging a tennis raquet..:)

i would love to see some footage of her, esp a full singles match.....it surely could turn out to be one of the most interesting 1r matches and she could definately get a win...shes not out there to take home the silverware and im sure just getting a win against anyone would be awesome for both her and the fans

WorldWar24
May 14th, 2004, 04:32 AM
And it's only for one match.

:angel:

tennisIlove09
May 14th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Here's my beef: why are they wasting a WC on her? Yes she's a draw (for one fricken match), but a young star could really use it I'm sure

tennisIlove09
May 14th, 2004, 04:33 AM
and the only top players officially out of the French are Clijsters and Seles