PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Capriati will....

oddkayla
May 13th, 2004, 03:29 PM
win the French Open. Mark my words. She seems to have rediscovered her fitness and enthusiasm, and what better time to find your mojo than when you are heading into a slam!

The new coach seems to be helping a great deal. She should have taken that advise a long time ago. Anyway, better late than never!

Knizzle
May 13th, 2004, 03:30 PM
*Knizzle marks words* :tape:

Nan Cu
May 13th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I was going to say, dominate RG.

DannerCal
May 13th, 2004, 03:34 PM
and with today's win - she just moved up to #7, so now she will have a top 8 seeding for the French Open! Even if Venus and Serena get injury protected seeds, Jennifer would at minimum be 8 (b/c of Clijsters withdrawl).

Go Jennifer!!

6.45PM
May 13th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Hopefully! :D

Experimentee
May 13th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I doubt it. I dont think shes back to her best form, considering she got thrashed 6-2 6-0 by Mauresmo.

CapFan#1
May 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Well, she def. is one of the top 5 faves I think. I expect she'lll make at least the SF, and from there maybe win the whole thing.

Jennifer's wife
May 13th, 2004, 05:17 PM
i sure hope so but i do kinda think like experimentee. lets just see what the rest of this tourny brings first....hopefully another trophy which would give her oodles of confidence! she has a gr8 chance at RG this year, ill def b puttong 5 on her to win at the bookies! :bounce:

venusfan
May 13th, 2004, 05:26 PM
win the French Open. Mark my words. She seems to have rediscovered her fitness and enthusiasm, and what better time to find your mojo than when you are heading into a slam!

The new coach seems to be helping a great deal. She should have taken that advise a long time ago. Anyway, better late than never!
I'm sure you were thinking the same thing while Mauresmo but serving up a bagel last week.

V-MAC
May 13th, 2004, 05:28 PM
she still can't compete with the big guns yet

HectorMagnus
May 13th, 2004, 05:32 PM
she still can't compete with the big guns yet

wait and see! :bounce:

jenny161185
May 13th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Im not too sure baout RG but I think shes in with a good chance - Ill be putting a bet on too!

vs1
May 13th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I say, let's not get ahead of ourselves. As a former champ there, she's defintely a contender. But right now, I want her to focus on the Italian Open and not even think about RG. After IO, then the focus can be on RG. Good to see her doing well nonetheless!!

kerbear
May 13th, 2004, 08:23 PM
I say, let's not get ahead of ourselves. As a former champ there, she's defintely a contender. But right now, I want her to focus on the Italian Open and not even think about RG. After IO, then the focus can be on RG. Good to see her doing well nonetheless!!

I'll agree to this one.

Let's have Jenny focus on her match tomorrow against Anna and then the rest of Rome.
After that we'll talk... ;)

bigshow21
May 13th, 2004, 10:30 PM
For how great of tennis she is playing, she definately has a good chance of winning it. Good luck Jen and kick some ass!!!!!!! :) :) :) :worship: :worship: :worship: :) :) :)

- L i n a -
May 13th, 2004, 10:44 PM
I doubt it. I dont think shes back to her best form, considering she got thrashed 6-2 6-0 by Mauresmo.
One shouldn't have common sense in cheering threads.

Stamp Paid
May 13th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Honestly, Jennifer winning Roland Garros this year is a pipe dream. I love her, but I cannot see Jennifer beating Serena, Venus, or Amelie(unless Amelie REALLY chokes in a Grand Slam. Mentally, she is just not there at the big moments. She is still a choker, despite playinbg well against Myskina and Suarez. She's definitely a Semi-Finalist though.

CapFan#1
May 13th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Honestly, Jennifer winning Roland Garros this year is a pipe dream. I love her, but I cannot see Jennifer beating Serena, Venus, or Amelie(unless Amelie REALLY chokes in a Grand Slam. Mentally, she is just not there at the big moments. She is still a choker, despite playinbg well against Myskina and Suarez. She's definitely a Semi-Finalist though.
Anyone who has won 3 slams is not a choker...... Seriously, it is a new year, Jen has a new, awesome coach, who coached the biggest winner in Slam history (Graf), and her fitness is back to top notch. That equation equals Slam success for Ms. Capriati, if not at the FO, sometime soon.....:cool:

Stamp Paid
May 13th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Anyone who has won 3 slams is not a choker...... Seriously, it is a new year, Jen has a new, awesome coach, who coached the biggest winner in Slam history (Graf), and her fitness is back to top notch. That equation equals Slam success for Ms. Capriati, if not at the FO, sometime soon.....:cool:
She was in this exact position in 2002 after winning the Australian Open, but now Kim has her number, Amelie has her number, Serena has her number, Venus has her number, Lindsay has her number......I just can't see her winning a Slam this year unless all of these players were injured, although it would be nice for her to win another one!

Keith
May 13th, 2004, 11:12 PM
I love Jen completely, but I would be surprised if she won RG. I think she has almost as good a chance now as she did at the USO - but she didn't capitalize there and I think she could have won that one!

Anyway, with the injuries, Jen should definitely be considered a top 4 favorite, but I don't think anyone would expect her to win. Couls she? Sure, see the AO '01 & '02. Jen has made remarkable runs and returned from seemingly sure defeats, so I think that if she tapped into that energy, she could make a serious run - However, I just don't think Jen will win RG without a huge amount of dedication, perserverance, luck and a good draw. I wish her the best of luck because I think she could pull it off, but I just don't think she will.

Diesel
May 13th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Jen's a fave for Roland Garros for sure.

CapFan#1
May 13th, 2004, 11:24 PM
She was in this exact position in 2002 after winning the Australian Open, but now Kim has her number, Amelie has her number, Serena has her number, Venus has her number, Lindsay has her number......I just can't see her winning a Slam this year unless all of these players were injured, although it would be nice for her to win another one!

I dont agree...... I LOVE Kim, but in all honesty the win at Stanford and the YEC were because Jen was injured. She dominated those matches until injured. Plus Kim is out for the FO:sad:...... Amelie can trouble Jen for sure, but Jen has beat her a few times (4-6) and I wouldn't count on Amelie keeping it together mentally at her home slam to maek it to the last couple of rounds. Venus most likely wont be playing the FO (get well soon VEE!!) and I really think Jen will beat Serena again soon (too many close matches, the odds are on Jen's side---plus Rena hasnt found her consistency like it was before pre surgery-- not good news for clay season) Do you really think Davenport is winnning the FO??? She hasn't even played on the red clay yet???? And those are just the OUTSIDE factors, it is the INSIDE facots that are more crucial for MS. Capriati, cause she has the game to beat all those you have listed........For her it is more about how her movement/fitness is (very good right now) and the confidence level( Heinz is the key here, her new coach is putting her in a winning mind frame) Will she do it... maybe, maybe not, but all the people you listed for sure do not want to face her........

Andrew.
May 13th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Mauresmo def. Capriati 6-2 6-0...says it all.

Jennifer's wife
May 13th, 2004, 11:33 PM
jen can play matches where she has flashes of inspiration and plays inspired tenis. then the next day she can look a completely different player and crash out of a tourny. if hse can string her wins together at the french course she could go all the way. she just needs to play her best tennis consistently

harloo
May 13th, 2004, 11:36 PM
I think Jen won her slams at the right time. When you look at it, Justine, Kim, Amelie and Serena were all chokers against her during this time. Hingis was losing her edge to big babes, and Venus was the only one who was not mentally weak when she met up with Jennifer which was not very often.

Jen had a good run, but now if she is going to win the FO she will have to step it up. It may help that the top players may all be injured for the FO, but now their are even threats in the early rounds. you have players who can cause an upset any day. Everyone has stepped up, and she will have to get better because it will tougher now more than ever.

Jennifer's wife
May 13th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Mauresmo def. Capriati 6-2 6-0...says it all.

says fuck all IMO :D

venusfan
May 13th, 2004, 11:44 PM
says fuck all IMO :D
Fiesty:lol: :lol:

A week ago the capter was toast 6-2,6-0. She was beaten so bad she showed up at the Italian Open looking like she slept in the sun.. and 3 days after getting waxed by Mauresmo we have a thread saying she will win the French Open. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, Mauresmo wont play as well at the French but the Capster still has to beat at least 2 players that at better than her to win. Venus,Serena and Henin. The Capster may take one down but I don't see her getting past two.

Snuffkin
May 13th, 2004, 11:45 PM
A dose of realism. Jen's results against the rest of the top 10 is pretty dire of late. To think she can beat not just one, but at least a couple of players ranked above her, as she's likely to need to do to win, really doesn't have much grounding.

What I won't deny is that Jen's form this last week or so has been her best this season, but against who? Come on guys, it's less than a week since she failed to turn up in a Tier 1 semi and was destroyed by Amelie. She still has a long way to go to make me believe she is a true contender. And please, I'm a Jen fan, so don't go questioning my motives. I'd love her to win, but she's too inconsistent, as Lucy says, for me to think she can go 7 tough matches.

It's true that Jen's playing her best for some time and maybe Heinz has brought something new. But until I see her serve a big match out and hold her nerve, I won't believe she's the future champ. By all means prove me wrong, but let's not call someone a champ on a couple of decent performances and a selective memory that abolishes a match from last Saturday.

I'm wishing her well, of course I am, but I won't call her home by any means.

tennnisfannn
May 13th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Results can be misleading. Amelie alsao lost 6/2 6/0 to kim at the YEC, yet is still considered a favourite. Should Schiavone also be considered a favourite coz she is the only one to have beaten Amelie on clay so far this season?
A winner is gonna emerge from one who already won a slam I believe. Injuries just mean possible upsets and the ultimate winner may only play one other top ten enroute to the finals, just depends on the luck of the draw.

FanDeJen
May 14th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Jen va gagner!!!

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
May 14th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Jen can totally win RG!!! I think she needs to focus on this tournament first but after that she should be thinking about taking the French for the second time!!!! She is back in top shape again and with this new coach she is going to be back for the rest of the season. She is a great tennis player and her time is not over yet she has a few great years left in her!!!!

Lets go Jen kick some ass!!!!!

WorldWar24
May 14th, 2004, 05:11 AM
She is not going to win with that coach :tape: Everyone seems to believe he's this huge coach... Well, I have a different opinion... :unsure:

treufreund
May 14th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Justine has her number too :D

oddkayla
May 18th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Jennifer will win. The arguments that she cant beat so and so are moot. Lets start with the ailing ones, who may not show up or have aches and pains. Henin may be healed, but we are talking defending here. In case most have forgotten, past champions will remind her, its harder than winning for the first time. And she has no match play. That brings doubt, no matter who you are. Its why she has played warm up events for every big tournament. Then there is Amelie. One word Paris. She doesnt have the nerve to hold it together there! Talent wise she has it in abundance, but she is a coward in Paris, if not at all the big stages.

That narrows it down. I did not mention Lindsay because she wont last 7 matches in the red clay.

The list keeps narrowing down, and the only one I see standing is Jennifer. The odds are with her, and are against her opponents. How much does she want it? How much does she believe? Thats the critical question.

JCF
May 18th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Jennifer will win.
I'm not sure Jennifer will win, or anyone else for that matter. Jennifer struggles v Venus, Serena, Justine, Amelie and Lindsay. If she is gonna win, she will have to play at least one of these, possibly more. It really isn't that likely to happen, as she has also been throwing matches away in the recent past.

KingA
May 18th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Man.... I believe you are a secret Jennifer's hater who actually try to jinx her by posting this thread here!!!! :p

CapFan#1
May 18th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Anyone who saw her match against Momo at the IO knows that she is a SERIOUS AS A HEART ATTACK threat for taking out the French Open Title!