PDA

View Full Version : Italian Open: Thursdays Matches

jonny84
May 13th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Here is my tip sheet for Thursday's Italian Open Matches

Silvia Farina Elia bts Megann Shaughnessy

Silvia is on home turf and will have the support of the crowd so I see her beating Meghann in two straight sets. Shaughnessy however will suceed in the doubles.

Serena Williams bts Dally Randriantefty

Dally has won four straight matches (including 2 qualifiers) so is on good form, however Serena will beat her in this contest, although Dally is sure to give her a fight with at least one set going to a tiebreak.

Svetlana Kuznetsova bts Ai Sugiyama

Ai has been up and down at the moment whereas Svetlana is on fire - she will beat Ai in two straight sets.

Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi bts Flavia Pennetta

Anna, lucky with her quarter of the draw open a bit more will take advantage - and will win in straight close sets. Flavia will have the support of the home crowd but this may not be enough

Paola Suarez bts Jennifer Capriati

Jenny will take the first set 6-2, it will go to a tie-break in Paola's favour - Jenny will completley loose concentration and will go down 3-6 in the third, meaning Suarez enters QF stage.

Vera Zvonareva bts Elena Bovina

Vera, yet again facing another Russian friend, will take Elena B out in two straight sets.

Francessca Schiavone bts Elena Likhovtseva

Francessca on home-turf will win this match against the Russian - she is performing well on clay (she beat Amelie) and will have no problems in putting Elena L away.

Maria Sharapova bts Silvia Farina Elia

Playing her second match of the day the Italian will run out of steam, finally going down 5-7 6-2 6-1

Amelie Mauresmo bts Conchita Martinez

In three sets, Amelie will take the first, Conchita the second, before Amelie gets a second wind and takes the third.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 13th, 2004, 12:58 AM
I don't think that Serena match will be that close! I smell at least one bagel or a french fry.

MrSerenaWilliams
May 13th, 2004, 01:11 AM
....do you know what Serena does to players ranked outside of the top 50?

SHE EATS THEM FOR SNACK!

Miami: Round #2 vs. Marta Marerro (# 95)
def. 6-1 6-0

Miami: Quarterfinal vs. Jill Craybas (# 76)
def. 6-0 6-1

Charleston: Round #2 vs. Kelly Mc Cain (#176)
def. 6-1 6-0

Dally is ranked #100..you do the math!

Venus+Serena#1fan
May 13th, 2004, 03:53 AM
I agree on everything except Serena's match (no tie-break whatsoever unless Serena comes out spraying balls but I doubt it) and Capriati's match, she will have some resistance because Suarez is a solid player, but J-cap will get through.

bigshow21
May 13th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Paola Suarez bts Jennifer Capriati

Jenny will take the first set 6-2, it will go to a tie-break in Paola's favour - Jenny will completley loose concentration and will go down 3-6 in the third, meaning Suarez enters QF stage.

I totally DISAGREE!!!!

There is NO way in hell that Capriati is going to lose.

Go JEN!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

TNT96
May 13th, 2004, 04:16 AM
This is a good match for Capriati to continue to try and get match tough. Suarez is a tough clay courter and should put up a fight-Capriati can win and if she does it will add to her confidence from the semis at Berlin

bello
May 13th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Jenn will get thru, but i do agree that Paola will be a very tough opponent on clay, very!!

Chunchun
May 13th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Good Luck :

SFE :hearts:
Serena
PAOLA :bounce:
Francesca

Is it if Jenni ousted in 3R, Lena will be no.9??
GO PAOLA!!