PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Save 5 Bulgarian Medics in Lybia

dido22
May 12th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Hi, Everybody!
I'm a 22 year-old student from Sofia, Bulgaria
On May 6th 2004 a court in Bengazi, Lybia came out with a verdict( death penalty) on a trial that had been going on for 5 years. 5 Bulgarian Medics( all women and all mothers of at least 2 children) were convicted of infecting with HIV-contaminated blood more than 400 children in the hospital in Bengazi( second largest city in Lybia). During the first year of imprisonment(1999) they're forced to give false statements that they're guilty through all kinds of pain-inforcements(some worse than those during the Holocaust). The world's best professors in HIV-transmitting(from France, USA, and all over the world) gave their opinions and reports to the court and all of them were negative on the charges against our women. According to them the only reason for this wide-spread disease in 1998 was the poor condition in the hospital and the low level of the Lybian stuff working there. The only people guilty for the whole tragedy were the 5 Bulgarian women and a Palestian Doctor according to the court. In the verdict it is said that they tried to convict a plot against the state of Lybia and they were paid for it by its enemies. COULD YOU IMAGINE THAT 5 MOTHERS COULD INFECT MORE THAN 400 INNOCENT KIDS BETWEEN THE AGES OF JUST A FEW DAYS AND 5 YEARS WITH THE DEADLIEST VIRUS IN THE WORLD AT ANY PRICE?
Ever since last Thursday there are visuals and protests in front of the Lybian embassy here in Sofia held by thousands of Bulgarians. Everybody is in shock by this verdict. Our government is trying to bring out to the world community the drama going on in Lybia. So far, Secretary of State Powell, Chancelor Shroeder, Prime Minister Blair have expressed their belief that the Bulgarians are innocent and promised help on diplomatic level. In a campaign here there were more than a million calls in support of our Medics.
Not just that but today 5 MORE Bulgarian Medics working in Lybia were convicted on different unclear charges and were put in jail without any explanation. It's scary to think but it all looks like an attack against our nation and the voice we are raising against the verdict on the HIV case.
What I'm trying to achieve with this thread is awareness amongst the common people around the world for the injustice done to 6 Innocent people(at least that is the opinion of the free world).
PLEASE RAISE VOICE AND DO WHATEVER YOU THINK WOULD HELP( WRITE PETITIONS TO THE LYBIAN EMBASSY IN YOUR COUNTRY, TO YOUR GOVERNMENT IN SUPPORT OF OUR MEDICS).
These are stories I found that would tell you a bit more
http://www.thebody.com/cdc/news_updates_archive/sep24_01/lybia.html
http://www.libya1.com/
PLEASE HELP US BRING JUSTICE TO THESE PEOPLE!
MAY GOD BE WITH THEM!

caramel
May 13th, 2004, 06:45 AM
You should post this in the Non tennis section of the board, I think more people will see it there.