PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open '02. Question.....

RainyDays
May 12th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Ok during the final, b/t Cap and Hingis.....why did Cap FLIP out? Remember how she was cussing at the ump? Yeah well, why did she do that? what happened, or didnt happen, to make Cap lose it like she did?

PointBlank
May 12th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Line judge was :retard: and makin her :mad:

tennisIlove09
May 12th, 2004, 08:48 PM
There was a linesman on one side of the court. After a few very close calls, Capriati lost it because she felt the linesmen wasn't giving her any calls. So finally she snapped. The chair said she can't do anything about it because I believe Capriati wanted the linesmen removed. Then, after the second set (or a break of some kind) the linesmen was gone.

RainyDays
May 12th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Thank you D.

D as in Dallas.

Andrew.
May 12th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Line judge was :retard: and makin her :mad:
Not true. The line judge was correct on his calls, and Capriati went flip. Suprise, suprise.

joaco
May 12th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Not true. The line judge was correct on his calls, and Capriati went flip. Suprise, suprise.
I will have to agree on this comment. If you watch the match, as i have done MANY times, you can see that Martina was making Jennifer run A LOT. The lines calles were perfect, but Jennifer was so frustrated and needed to catch her breath, so she decided to have a little talk with the umpire. You can see while she is cursing/talking, that she can barely even breathe.

Joaco

jenny161185
May 12th, 2004, 11:11 PM
what a match That has to be the most dramatic match I have ever seen :) oh the memories :)

faboozadoo15
May 12th, 2004, 11:14 PM
lol, i don't know if i will ever have faith in the incompetence of the australian linespeople after botching EIGHT calls in the final this year... sheesh

but i'll have to take your word for it and say she was arguing over nothing. she tends to do that anyway...