PDA

View Full Version : Roland Garros starts next week and im going 4 days should I take a camera?

"Sluggy"
May 12th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I plan on taking a camera for the first time this year at Roland Garros. Any insights on juniors to look for? If anybody would like any photos of a favourite or specific player cause they cant attend tournaments let me know? If i see a player you need a photo of, maybe i could be of assistance.

Im also wondering if the players mind photos. is it ok to take a few photos while they train? what about if they are just walking by. Any insights? Id Hate to bother or distract a player before a match or otherwise. Please resond if you have any advice.

*abby*
May 12th, 2004, 09:08 PM
well im taking a video camera so no flash to distract them lol well jenny anyways

V-MAC
May 12th, 2004, 09:09 PM
:o :o :o you're a week early :o :o :o

"Sluggy"
May 12th, 2004, 09:15 PM
no the qualifications start Tuesday and im going thursday and friday if i can get tickets. shouldnt be a problem. i voted stupid poll and take pictures if you want to take pictures. Did you gals/guys vote?

DelMonte
May 12th, 2004, 09:16 PM
I plan on taking a camera for the first time this year at Roland Garros. Any insights on juniors to look for? If anybody would like any photos of a favourite or specific player cause they cant attend tournaments let me know? If i see a player you need a photo of, maybe i could be of assistance.

Im also wondering if the players mind photos. is it ok to take a few photos while they train? what about if they are just walking by. Any insights? Id Hate to bother or distract a player before a match or otherwise. Please resond if you have any advice.

you should definitely take your camera!! on the question of whether it's ok to take photos at a particularly moment, just rely on your common sense and see how the players react-- if they are annoyed, i am sure they'll let you know somehow. i've always taken my camera to tournaments and never had any problems-- i was never once asked -by players, their minders or officials- to cease taking pictures.

have a nice time at RG and hope you will share your impression of the tournament (daily reports would be nice :D ) and post your pics as well!

V-MAC
May 12th, 2004, 09:16 PM
no the qualifications start Tuesday and im going thursday and friday if i can get tickets. shouldnt be a problem. i voted stupid poll and take pictures if you want to take pictures. Did you gals/guys vote?
ok apologies then

Smackie
May 12th, 2004, 09:17 PM
No, you should bring canvas and paint to capture the good time. More original!

"Sluggy"
May 12th, 2004, 09:19 PM
A canvas..good idea! i forgot to make the result visible so we could so who thinks my polls are stupid.

DelMonte
May 12th, 2004, 09:34 PM
No, you should bring canvas and paint to capture the good time. More original!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

SelesFan70
May 12th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Take pictures, sell them, make a profit! Vive le capitalism!

mariok
May 13th, 2004, 12:31 AM
How do you think all the press gets their pictures during a match, or while training? I think players are pretty used to it. Take pictures. No flash, of course. Unless you WANT to get noticed,haha! Enjoy your time there, lucky bastard, you! ;-)

-Sonic-
May 13th, 2004, 12:49 AM
you've reached the 686 posts about u going somewhere/having been somewhere, congrats.

Kart
May 13th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Don't take a camera.

Stay at home and give me your ticket.

Kart
May 13th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Oh I forgot I'm working so forget that plan. Have fun :) and use the flash to distract Monica's opponents.

tall_one
May 13th, 2004, 01:12 AM
do you have a digital camera or just a normal one Paul?

"Sluggy"
May 13th, 2004, 09:10 AM
you've reached the 686 posts about u going somewhere/having been somewhere, congrats.

Is there some significance to the number 686 - or are you saying I that I have posted 686 times about me going to Roland Garros or the like, and its becoming tiresome? Fille me in HH.

"Sluggy"
May 13th, 2004, 09:12 AM
do you have a digital camera or just a normal one Paul?

I have a lowend digital camera. I mean i think its kind of low end, i got it as a gift. It works fine though. I will probably bring the digital and i might also bring a disposible one too. Im just afraid to drop, break or get the digital wet. My wife would kill me.

"Sluggy"
May 13th, 2004, 09:22 AM

I dont think you have to answer - cause im sure you were just being a wise guy. he he. Isnt there an ignore button? I was not particulalry looking for attention as youd probably suggest, more just trying to make a silly poll. And also see if anyone could use a picture of somebody or something... for people who cant attend tournaments. I will try not to be nice in the futur. sonic. And by the way, Pat Cash is very nice. When I attended Roland Garros last year and the year before he took pictures with fans, and when I go to Roland Garros this year and in in the future, he'll probably be nice again.

Mathijs
May 13th, 2004, 07:22 PM
paul question do you only attend the qualies?? or do you also attend the MD, Iveta doesn't play qualies.... she's in the MD ;)

Mikey
May 13th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I would definitely take a camera ;)

I went to the US Open and I have about a role of film of me with players (not of them playing, of them actually posing with me for the picture). That probably only happened because it was Practice Day, but it can't hurt ;)

Unless it'll read hold you down, there's no reason not to. It's much better to take it and not need it then not take it and kick yourself later because something important happened.

Stephieva
May 13th, 2004, 08:01 PM
plz bring a camera to take pics and post here. :p
if ya dun mind...then take lena d. pics for me...
thanx..:)

ghosts
May 13th, 2004, 08:31 PM
not a stupid poll and take pictures ;) :)

"Sluggy"
May 13th, 2004, 08:52 PM
I would definitely take a camera ;)

I went to the US Open and I have about a role of film of me with players (not of them playing, of them actually posing with me for the picture). That probably only happened because it was Practice Day, but it can't hurt ;)

Unless it'll read hold you down, there's no reason not to. It's much better to take it and not need it then not take it and kick yourself later because something important happened.

Shalom. i hope i spelled it right. I greatly appreciate your message. I am glad people think its fine cause i am not a camera guy and i dont especially want to distract or annoy a professional athlete. I will take the camera and feel better about it. wasnt there a thread where one of the Russians WTA Players didnt want pictures taken of her? but ill take one. im actually thinking ill take also a canon one time use kinda camera. that way if theres great pictures i wont have the problem of no space on the digital camera. My friends brother knows Andy Ram, have you ever seen him in Israel?

"Sluggy"
May 13th, 2004, 08:57 PM

Do you mean Elena Dementieva? I can send you some pictures, just pm during the tournament or a little after eh. after i get them onmy computer. I saw her at the gazdefrance in february and she took plenty of time for the few fans that were there. and i know a friend got a few pictures and autographed photos. you can pm me for more info. I am planning to give the bulk of my photos to a fairly new and cool webiste www.inside-tennis.net but will post some here too. happy to help another tennis enthusiast.

Mikey
May 13th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Shalom. i hope i spelled it right. I greatly appreciate your message. I am glad people think its fine cause i am not a camera guy and i dont especially want to distract or annoy a professional athlete. I will take the camera and feel better about it. wasnt there a thread where one of the Russians WTA Players didnt want pictures taken of her? but ill take one. im actually thinking ill take also a canon one time use kinda camera. that way if theres great pictures i wont have the problem of no space on the digital camera. My friends brother knows Andy Ram, have you ever seen him in Israel?
Actually I'm not Israeli, I'm American ;) - I'm just a supporter of Israel :p

And yes, you spelled Shalom right so no worries :)

:wavey:

Chunchun
May 14th, 2004, 12:57 AM

:bounce: :bounce:
Good Luck LenaD in RG!