PDA

View Full Version : Any Word on the Queen Venus Williams?

Foot_Fault
May 12th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I've been surfing and searching....and have come up blank...any one heard the results of a MRI or Scan or diagnosis?

Janet
May 12th, 2004, 06:25 PM
It's best we we don't hear anything until end of next week.............I'm sure that't what her camp doing.

Pureracket
May 12th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Also, they're going to probably be asking Serena some questions. I'm sure she'll give some cryptic answer like, "I'm not sure what Venus is doing." :)

calabar
May 12th, 2004, 06:34 PM
I'm sure she'll give some cryptic answer like, "I'm not sure what Venus is doing." :)
Why is that answer cryptic? Since Venus is in the USA, and Serena is in Europe, then Serena can't always be sure what Venus is doing. Seems straight-forward to me.

Pureracket
May 12th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Why is that answer cryptic? Since Venus is in the USA, and Serena is in Europe, then Serena can't always be sure what Venus is doing. Seems straight-forward to me.Calabar,
Don't get me wrong. I don't mind the answer, but I am almost sure that Serena knows exactly what's going on. The Williams Camp seems to be very guarded about their injuries, and I think that they should be. Athletes would be crazy to discuss every injury with the media. It seems that Serena and Venus know this rule quite well.

vs1
May 12th, 2004, 06:38 PM
The way I look at it, Venus is recovering and preparing for Paris. That is what I think is going on and that is what I think is going to happen.

God save THE QUEEN!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Paneru
May 12th, 2004, 06:40 PM
The way I look at it, Venus is recovering and preparing for Paris. That is what I think is going on and that is what I think is going to happen.

God save THE QUEEN!!! :bounce: :bounce:
:worship: :worship: :worship:

lizchris
May 12th, 2004, 07:03 PM
The only way we will know for sure is if she isn't in the draw next week or if she sends word to Paris that she isn't going to play.

Foot_Fault
May 12th, 2004, 07:30 PM
well, i am sure Venus isn't going to pull out unless she's 100% sure. So i guess no news is good news.

DannerCal
May 12th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Personally, I would find it annoying if everyone was asking me about my sister or brother during press conferences. It is the responsibility of Venus or her agent to speak for her, as there are certain things that might want to be said, or not said.
Serena is allowed to keep things private, and in some cases - she probably does not have updates...

WF4EVER
May 12th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Personally, I would find it annoying if everyone was asking me about my sister or brother during press conferences. It is the responsibility of Venus or her agent to speak for her, as there are certain things that might want to be said, or not said.
Serena is allowed to keep things private, and in some cases - she probably does not have updates...
It may be annoying but it should be expected. Who'd know better than the person everyone else deems is closest to you.

As for Serena not knowing what's going on, that is highly unlikely. Venus and Serena talk everyday, by their own admission, and Venus has no reason to hide anything from her sister. Maybe Serena might not know what happened ten minutes ago in Florida, yet, but you can be sure she's gonna get the rundown later.

As far as I'm concerned if I were Serena (or Venus, as the case may be) I'd simply say I wasn't at liberty to discuss it and refer them to my sister or her agent. But to say that you don't know just sounds like a lie. Neither sister is obligated to give out info on the other but that's not gonna stop people from asking.