PDA

View Full Version : Bovina Def. Schnyder 3-6, 7-6 (Ret.)

lizchris
May 12th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I can't read Italian so I don't know why Patty reitred.

cometz9
May 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Good Luck next round Elena :yeah:

hewittrok
May 12th, 2004, 06:14 PM
One Elena lost yesturday and two Elenas' won today.

switz
May 12th, 2004, 06:17 PM
i'm sure it would be the upper arm strain from last week. shame she couldn't close out the match and she how it pulled up for roland garros. still if she winning and set and losing a tie break with an injury against bovina it suggests she still playing well.

this is patty 4th retirement this year!!!!! 2 before matches at the gold coast and berlin and twice after losing a tie-break against silvia and bovina. it's really annoying me now because she is playing so well and she has never suffered injuries before.

lizchris
May 12th, 2004, 06:26 PM
From the WTA Tour website:

Elena Bovina (RUS) d. (11) Patty Schnyder (SUI) 36 76(5), ret. (left upper arm strain)

I hope she will be OK for the FO.

switz
May 12th, 2004, 06:32 PM
i thought that it would be. she's not playing next week so she should be able to rest it, but arm strains and tennis are not a good combo as they often take time to heal and inhibit your ability to practice. have to hope for a good draw i think so she can work her way into winning the title.

if patty and chanda don't play RG i am going to explode.

Stephieva
May 12th, 2004, 06:34 PM
if patty and chanda don't play RG i am going to explode.me likes patty and me feels for ya..
but what ya said is v funny. :lol:

get well soon patty...:hug:

switz
May 12th, 2004, 06:41 PM
me likes patty and me feels for ya..
but what ya said is v funny. :lol:

get well soon patty...:hug:

thank you for being the first person who was supporting elena in the match to actually say something about patty. it's appreciated.

i'm not really going to explode it's just going to make the tournament very uninteresting for me unless myriam does something amazing.

Allez-H
May 12th, 2004, 06:42 PM
patty :( :sad:
You Just have to be ok for the French,i can't miss you too there :sad:
Get better :hug:

Philip
May 12th, 2004, 06:42 PM
patty :( well, i hope she gets the rest she needs for her roland garros campaign :)

vogus
May 12th, 2004, 06:47 PM
i am pretty sure that Patty will try to play RG (probly one of the reasons she retired today was precautionary), but this has the sound of a nasty little injury - it has knocked her out of two big tournaments :mad: :mad:. Patty has about 10 days to let it heal.

Stephieva
May 12th, 2004, 06:53 PM
i'm not really going to explode it's just going to make the tournament very uninteresting for me unless myriam does something amazing.me blives patty will play RG. patty is v good on clay. patty has about 2 weeks to get well. patty decided to play this week...so it meant patty's injury isn't that bad. dun worry...:)

tennisIlove09
May 12th, 2004, 07:27 PM
another injury? Sigh, this is crazy. I hope Patty rests up, drinks lots of orange juice, and plays in Paris.

On another note though, this is a great week for Bovina!

Allez-H
May 12th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I was so upset about Patty that I totally forgot to congartualte one of my ultimate fav's :o
Congrats girl,you're up to a great week..Kepp the winningstreak :worship:

V-MAC
May 12th, 2004, 09:44 PM
i thought that it would be. she's not playing next week so she should be able to rest it, but arm strains and tennis are not a good combo as they often take time to heal and inhibit your ability to practice. have to hope for a good draw i think so she can work her way into winning the title.

if patty and chanda don't play RG i am going to explode.

I feel your pain with regards to chanda :mad: :rolleyes: , if she doesn't turn up at Roland Garros.................... :tape: :tape:

WF4EVER
May 12th, 2004, 11:02 PM
I'm just stunned that Patty woul play this week when she had this injury last week. Maybe playing RG ain't all that important to her.

*JR*
May 12th, 2004, 11:50 PM
PP, Rainer won't let you get physiotherapy from Hermann anymore? Hmmmm, Wonder What he's afraid of?

Rothes
May 13th, 2004, 05:00 AM
another injury? Sigh, this is crazy. I hope Patty rests up, drinks lots of orange juice, and plays in Paris.

On another note though, this is a great week for Bovina!
Oh what a comedian you are :fiery:

F-R-E-A-K
May 13th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Welldone Lena!! :D

Draw is opening up for you!! :)

Bovina is showing great fighting spirit the last few weeks, these long 3 set matches.

Jackson.
May 13th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Keep going Elena :D :D