PDA

View Full Version : Pennetta Def. Petrova 1-6, 7-6(7-4), 6-4

lizchris
May 12th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Not a good result going into the FO.

CapFan#1
May 12th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Nice win for Pennetta!!! What is going on with Nadia???

BK4ever
May 12th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Flavia :D :woohoo: :banana:

Vincent
May 12th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Mrs Moya must have been practising with her boyfriend. :)

lizchris
She might be thinking about having to defend those semifinalist points from last year's FO.

Stephieva
flavia made my day...
thanx..:worship:

Lady
May 12th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Omg, Nadia :bigcry:

Jippo McScally
May 12th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Flavia :banana:

BK4ever
May 12th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Good for the fans...hopefully Flavia can keep it up and excite them even more..

Damn, she has the WALL next :fiery:

oren987
May 12th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Nadia :rolleyes:

Well done Flavia :D Next to meet Anna ;)

CapFan#1
May 12th, 2004, 04:41 PM
You are probably right.... lots of pressure getting to her head.......

lizchris
May 12th, 2004, 04:42 PM
You are probably right.... lots of pressure getting to her head.......
Because if she loses early, Venus doesn't even have to play and she will move up in the rankings.

ys
May 12th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Russian Top-tenners apparently have other plans for the end of this week rather then playing this silly tournament..:)

7~LV3
May 12th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Moya just won Rome, could Flavia win Rome aswell?? well done Pennetta...
Nadia...good luck in the FO

bandabou
Nadia, Nadia....:lol: classical example of "Beating a Williams, forgetting about you have to keep playing"-syndrome...

lizchris
Russian Top-tenners apparently have other plans for the end of this week rather then playing this silly tournament..:)
If they keep playing like this, they won't be in the top ten much longer.

lizchris
May 12th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Moya just won Rome, could Flavia win Rome aswell?? well done Pennetta...
Nadia...good luck in the FO
Serena, Amelie or Jennifer will probably win it.

Venus Forever
May 12th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Flavia :banana: :bounce: :yippee:

If only she could keep this play up.

ys
May 12th, 2004, 04:51 PM
If they keep playing like this, they won't be in the top ten much longer.
Only Roland Garros really matters. Nothing else.

lizchris
May 12th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I didn't realize Wimbledona and the US Open (in additon to the Olympics this year) were choppe liver.

Mase
May 12th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Which just reiterates my thoughts that Petrova is just way overrated.

lionel
May 12th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Congrats Flavia!
This is your best win!

Paneru
May 12th, 2004, 04:56 PM

True.

When it comes down to it, how you perform at the big moments
is what counts the most. Although, current form can be quite telling
of what maybe in store in the near future, who knows.

This will definitely be one of the most exciting and unpredictable
Grand Slams in recent memory.

Hantuchov
May 12th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Flavietta :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

lauryn
May 12th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Well done, Flavia :kiss:

cometz9
May 12th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Nadia :sad: Congrats to Flavia Good Luck next round :)

charmedRic
May 12th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Nadia, Nadia....:lol: classical example of "Beating a Williams, forgetting about you have to keep playing"-syndrome...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lionel
May 12th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Can someone project Flavia's ranking after this match?

hewittrok
May 12th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Mrs Moya must have been practising with her boyfriend. :):lol:

ys
May 12th, 2004, 05:36 PM
I didn't realize Wimbledona and the US Open (in additon to the Olympics this year) were choppe liver.
It's tough to guess that you are just pretending..

lizchris
May 12th, 2004, 05:39 PM
It's tough to guess that you are just pretending..
At least I am not pretending to be serious because I am. You are another story.

Ballbuster
May 12th, 2004, 05:40 PM

And, along the way their pocketbooks will be empty.

maryjane
May 12th, 2004, 05:58 PM
moya's effect

tennisIlove09
May 12th, 2004, 06:30 PM
This is really getting serious for Nadia. What will her rank be after Paris? Is she still top 10 without the SF of a major? She needs to pick it up.

Cariaoke
May 12th, 2004, 06:34 PM
dammit Nadia :(

:worship: Flavia

daniela86
May 12th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Well done Flavia :D :bounce: :) I hope you'll keep on playing like that! :worship:

Fingon
May 12th, 2004, 06:41 PM
yes, beting an injured Williams,

I don't know how many more bad losses Petrova needs to have before some people stop considering her the next Steffi Graf.:confused:

Fingon
May 12th, 2004, 06:46 PM
yes, and Nadia is gonna win it isn't she?

like when Nadia what was it? smashed Justine like a bug in San Diego, no wait, that was 6-0 6-2 for Justine.

It might be one of the other times Nadia beat Justine, oh wait, Justine is 5-0 against her.

It must be the last time Nadia beat a healthy top player.

wait, she hasn't beaten any.

oh I know, it was during her last title win.

oh wait, she hasn't won any.

but she is Russian, so she is the best.

bandabou
May 12th, 2004, 06:50 PM

I don't know how many more bad losses Petrova needs to have before some people stop considering her the next Steffi Graf.:confused:

You said it...steffi by this time had already won the gs and stuff. still waiting for even a tier III by Nadia.

Venus Forever
May 12th, 2004, 07:08 PM

like when Nadia what was it? smashed Justine like a bug in San Diego, no wait, that was 6-0 6-2 for Justine.

It might be one of the other times Nadia beat Justine, oh wait, Justine is 5-0 against her.

:lol:

fammmmedspin
May 12th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Probably the loudest applause in the Roman forum since the Christian ate the Lion?

SelesFan70
May 12th, 2004, 07:17 PM

Or an injured Seles, for that matter... :rolleyes:

bandabou
May 12th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Or an injured Seles, for that matter... :rolleyes:

That too...:lol:

Glenn
May 12th, 2004, 07:37 PM

Flavia! So much potential! Finally living up to it? :D

WF4EVER
May 12th, 2004, 10:08 PM

Oh:confused: :confused: I thought that was Kuznetsova;)

hotandspicey
May 12th, 2004, 11:28 PM

Flavia! So much potential! Finally living up to it? :D totally agree!!!She's stepping it up!!! Way to go,Flavia!! :bounce: :bounce:

Chunchun
May 12th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Nadya :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol:

*hingis_forever*
May 12th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Nadya :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol: :banana: :haha: :lol:
Oh and Dementieva's loss to Sharapova wasn't bad? 6-1, 6-4! :lol:

Mase
May 12th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Oh and Dementieva's loss to Sharapova wasn't bad? 6-1, 6-4! :lol:
:o:o:lol::lol::lol:

Kart
May 12th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Nadia :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Ok I don't care that much :p.

Still better luck next time :).

Bероника
May 13th, 2004, 01:06 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hahaha well done,Flavia!!!!:hearts:

Fingon
May 13th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Oh:confused: :confused: I thought that was Kuznetsova;)
Petrova beat Serena in Amelia Island. Serena had knee problems

GoSandrine
May 13th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Amazing what some good lovin will do for some players' games...

http://smileys.******************/cat/1/1_4_99.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

GO FLAVIA!!! :hearts: :D

Jackson.
May 13th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Nadia :mad:

Not a good preperation for the French :sad:

Greenout
May 13th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Congrats...to that other charming Italian, Flavia!~ :)

Greenout
May 13th, 2004, 12:29 PM

LMAO!!! :)

Greenout
May 13th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Amazing what some good lovin will do for some players' games...

http://smileys.******************/cat/1/1_4_99.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001)

GO FLAVIA!!! :hearts: :D

:lol: Your back with the hilarious smilies. :worship:

Tarassik
May 13th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Well............... wait and see. Nadia still has long time to do great things. That's funny how Americans react at every defeat of a non-american (even more when they are Russians):

"How glad I am she lost, now everybody can see my genius: I always said she was overated"

or

"Well, she didn't win, it's just that my favourite was injured,you know, otherwise she wouldn't had a single hope of winning. And how many titles does she got, hum? How many grand-slams, hum?"

or

:rolleyes:

and so on...

Well, from my point of view, it is quite sad to judge a player only on some bad losses. Everybody can have a day when nothing works like it should.
And real Nadia's fans never compared her to Graff or anyone else. Real fans just cheer at her match, are sad when she loses but also accept than on one match, a player can be better than her. That's normal. But why other can't accept that on one match, she can be better that their favs too? That remains a mystery...

Fingon
May 13th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Well............... wait and see. Nadia still has long time to do great things. That's funny how Americans react at every defeat of a non-american (even more when they are Russians):

"How glad I am she lost, now everybody can see my genius: I always said she was overated"

or

"Well, she didn't win, it's just that my favourite was injured,you know, otherwise she wouldn't had a single hope of winning. And how many titles does she got, hum? How many grand-slams, hum?"

or

:rolleyes:

and so on...

Well, from my point of view, it is quite sad to judge a player only on some bad losses. Everybody can have a day when nothing works like it should.
And real Nadia's fans never compared her to Graff or anyone else. Real fans just cheer at her match, are sad when she loses but also accept than on one match, a player can be better than her. That's normal. But why other can't accept that on one match, she can be better that their favs too? That remains a mystery...
no quite, there have been a lot of hype about Petrova from the very beginning. I use Steffi Graf as a graphic example, but from the start, every match she played she was the heavy favourite.

She's be labelled as Martina Hingis with power :confused: , she has a fantastic serve, great groundstrokes, terrific volleys.

I have seen her quite a few times, and in person, she she failed to impress me. Has a good serve, decent groundstrokes (just decent) and acceptable volleys, and no movement.

To be a great player you have to demonstrate it, she hasn't and still is considered one of the best out there. No matter how bad she is playing, she is always considered one of the best, and I disagree with that, she has no tournament wins, no convincing wins over top players and she is # 6 because she got lucky at the French a year ago, she is not a mediocre player but neither a multiple gs winner.

I always thought, from the beginning that the best russian is Kuznetsova, funny that nobody picked her, she was out of the hype. Somebody said that Petrova played like Hingis with power and people believed it, and when they saw her play didn't realize that was bullshit (which shows how much they understand tennis), but the hype was in motion and nothing will change it. Petrova is good, it's written in stone, how she actually plays and her results are irrelevant, it's a decree, that's what pisses me off.

In addition, not related to her game, she is said to be sweet and nice, yet every other tournament she has crap to say about someone :rolleyes:

Tarassik
May 13th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Ok she hasn't accomplished great things yet, but let's wait a few years before saying that she was overated or not.

But I really don't agree you on 2 points:

-First she hasn't had a "lucky" RG like you said. She played really well until the semifinal, just look at the scorelines. And I was here in person to see how she played, and not the only one to say that.

-Second, she IS definetly a nice person outside the court. No questions about that, when you know here a little, this kind of thing is NOT to be discussed.

We will talk again, as soon as she will have won some important tournament, or not, but eventually it is good that haters/despisers/lovers of her exist : that only means she is building a name on the tour.

Fingon
May 13th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Ok she hasn't accomplished great things yet, but let's wait a few years before saying that she was overated or not.

But I really don't agree you on 2 points:

-First she hasn't had a "lucky" RG like you said. She played really well until the semifinal, just look at the scorelines. And I was here in person to see how she played, and not the only one to say that.

she faced an injured Monica and an off form Capriati, the only tough match was Vera and we know what Vera is like, a pretty easy road to a GS semis.

-Second, she IS definetly a nice person outside the court. No questions about that, when you know here a little, this kind of thing is NOT to be discussed.

I don't know her in person, as I don't know any players, but how many times she has been bitchy to her opponent after losing?

Amanda, Jelena, Justine.

She has had very bad on court behaviour against Dementieva and Lina.

some say she is temperamental, well, if your temper make you behave like a bitch, then you ARE a bitch, end of story, she might smile at her fans but her behaviour, especially when she losses isn't of a nice girl.

We will talk again, as soon as she will have won some important tournament, or not, but eventually it is good that haters/despisers/lovers of her exist : that only means she is building a name on the tour.
well, there is a lot of haters of Alexandra Stevenson. Not sure she is building a name on the tour, let's say on this board, and that's because of the hype.

I don't expect her to win a big tournament unless a) the field is depleted and/or b) she fundamentally changes her game, especially the movement and/or c) she has a different attitude on court, forgetting about upseting the opponent and concentrating in her own game.

Stephieva
May 13th, 2004, 07:37 PM
She has had very bad on court behaviour against Dementieva and Lina.plz tell me...what nadia did to lena d...:mad:
thanx v much. :)