pfff K-Lina:rolleyes::mad::mad:

flyingmachine
May 12th, 2004, 01:45 PM
:sad:

katrientje
May 12th, 2004, 01:46 PM
:sad: K-Lina
There 's the inconsistency again
I thought she'd win easily against Conchi, because K-lina is a high speed train compared to Conchi, but the moonballs must have made her life hard I guess...
She'll learn from it, I am sure!!

Infiniti2001
Well done conslow ,oops I mean conchi ;) I saw it coming, after watching the Vee/Sprem match over and over :p

treufreund
:worship: :bounce: Never underestimate the power of Conchita!!! :hearts:

Sorry K-lina :sad: :hearts:

SilviaFan
May 12th, 2004, 01:47 PM
:sad: K-Lina

GoGoMaggie
May 12th, 2004, 01:47 PM
I think thie result only shows either Sprem was hyped or Conchita proved she was still a contender on the dirt. Way to go Conchi. I have faith in you!

AjdeNate!
May 12th, 2004, 01:48 PM
It's ok... great experience and now a few days to rest.

GoConchi
May 12th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Well done CONCHI. Great fight back and great win.

katrientje
May 12th, 2004, 01:50 PM
It's ok... great experience and now a few days to rest.
Yes, we should stay positive I am sure Karolina can use the rest, she has been playing soooo much lately...
Enjoy it girl :)

tennnisfannn
May 12th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Well done conslow ,oops I mean conchi ;) I saw it coming, after watching the Vee/Sprem match over and over :pPff Show off! I can only dream of ever watching that match.:drool:

TeeRexx
May 12th, 2004, 01:51 PM
The Great Conchi defeated K. Sprem in three sets and moves on to the 3rd round and a close loss to Momo could even garner a Player of the Week (POW) title for Conchi in the process as well. :eek: :lol:

Congrats Conchi!
Good match (POW) Sprem

conchitaeterna
ohhhhhhhhhhh yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Sonja
Conchita has a very different game than Venus. There is no comparison. Karolina is gaining experience with each match and learning the different styles of play. She gave good fight and I still expect her to be a force in the women's game.

Congratulations Conchita! Well done today.

Allez-H
Well,she's young..She can't win them all.And Conchi is a great and experienced claycourt-player :worship:
Congrats Conchi :yeah:
Better luck next time K-Lina :hug:

croat123
I think thie result only shows either Sprem was hyped or Conchita proved she was still a contender on the dirt. Way to go Conchi. I have faith in you!
sprem wasn't hyped up, conchi is just awesome on the dirt. i think k-lina would beat her on hard and grass

good and bad for k-lina, the good thing is that she avoids a top16 seed which will stear her clear of the top4 seeds in the fourth round of rg and she can rest up and play strasbourg without worrying about getting tired.

The Crow
Why is everyone so surprised? Ok, Sprem might have been slightly favourite, but please... Have people still not figured out what a great player Conchi really is? :rolleyes:

:clap: Conchi

bandabou
May 12th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Seems like Karolina´s magic can only last for one set....

Soch
May 12th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Hahhahahahahahaah ALkalina, learn to play against a champion!

Well done Conchita, you left her crying :devil

croat123
May 12th, 2004, 01:55 PM
seems like someone is still sour

Gallofa
May 12th, 2004, 03:03 PM
It is a good result, but I can't really say that I am surprised. Last time I saw Sprem play I noticed that she plays with pace, with a lot of energy, but she has not yet developed the kind of variety that Conchita has. It was really a question of Conchita being patient, and Conchita has more patience than God ;) :p. Anyhow, well done to Conchita :D! and better luck next time to Karolina.

Task
May 12th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Congratulations Conchita :) :)

JonBcn
May 12th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Why is everyone so surprised? Ok, Sprem might have been slightly favourite, but please... Have people still not figured out what a great player Conchi really is?
Also, she's won Rome about three hundred times in her career...

vogus
May 12th, 2004, 03:10 PM
it was a bad draw for both players but the result was not a surprise

The way Martinez is playing right now, if she has an "on" day, i doubt that anyone outside of the top five can beat her. With the big guns out of RG, she's got to be one of the favorites to win it all. Sprem is going to be a dangerous darkhorse at RG as well.

Sammm
May 12th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Congrats, Conchita :D I thought it would be a 3-setter

Sammm
May 12th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Congrats, Conchita :D

Infiniti2001
May 12th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Conchita has a very different game than Venus. There is no comparison.
Congratulations Conchita! Well done today.

Actually, I was not comparing the two. Yesterday I mentioned that Sprem loves pace, once she gets it shes on fire, the moment it's taken off it's errorfest. I did not see this match, but I have a feeling this is exactly what happened today.

esquímaux
May 12th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Congrats Moonball Momma! It's bout time you showed these lil' upstarts a thing or two! :lol: :yeah:

bandabou
May 12th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Still dangerous as ever the Conchi.....well done. Still some work left for Karolina, but I guess she´ll get there....or not?!

brickhousesupporter
May 12th, 2004, 03:18 PM
The Great Conchi defeated K. Sprem in three sets and moves on to the 3rd round and a close loss to Momo could even garner a Player of the Week (POW) title for Conchi in the process as well. :eek: :lol:

Congrats Conchi!
Good match (POW) Sprem

This win automatically makes her the player of the week. Conchi beat the person who almost beat Venus Williams. So by WTA logic, Conchi would have beaten Venus had she played her. So that makes Conchi the POW because she beat Venus Williams this week, even though Venus did not play. Whew.....This kind of logic is hard.

Nacho
May 12th, 2004, 03:20 PM
The better player won in the end, but Karolina has plenty of time to keep improving, and judging her recent results she will definitely be much tougher to beat the next time

Good win for Conchi, but now Momo's next :o :o

Principessa
May 12th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Damn why are you all stressed out bout the player of the week award?

ghosts
May 12th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I wouldnt say I'm surprised...
Karolina :sad:
wd Conchi

bandabou
May 12th, 2004, 03:27 PM
This win automatically makes her the player of the week. Conchi beat the person who almost beat Venus Williams. So by WTA logic, Conchi would have beaten Venus had she played her. So that makes Conchi the POW because she beat Venus Williams this week, even though Venus did not play. Whew.....This kind of logic is hard.

:lol: You said it...

RAA
May 12th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Why is everyone so surprised? Ok, Sprem might have been slightly favourite, but please... Have people still not figured out what a great player Conchi really is? :rolleyes:

:clap: Conchi
yes, totally agree. on clay.. this is not an upset at all.. conchi rarely gets her due...

Allez-H
May 12th, 2004, 03:29 PM
OMG are you guys still talking about the stupid wtaplayer of the week award :eek: ?
It's just a stupid award.the fact that's it's weekly already tells how useless the award is...

GermanBoy
May 12th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Didn`t expect Martinez to win this one... WOW! :eek: Well done!

propi
May 12th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Congrats Conchi, and congrats to Sprem as well :)
Now Momo :help: :o

pav
May 12th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Conchita,Conchita
it's so hard to beat Her
You just can't defeat Her
many try to delete Her
I've yet to meet Her
some say they'd like to eat Her
She's clocked up some miles on Her Meter
the years just don't deplete Her
You can't call Her a cheater
or a bullshit excreter
they try hard to unseat Her
the moonballing competer
this intriging groin heater
Conchita, Conchita, well done!

cometz9
May 12th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Congrats Conchita:bounce: Good Luck against Amelie
K-lina will only get better and more consistent in the tournaments that she's play so good luck at RG :yeah:

Kart
May 12th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Underrated Conchita is victorious again.

Well done :yeah:.

Habsudovafan
May 12th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Too bad for Karolina bit conchita is a tough player especially on clay. No shame to lose to her.

Rocketta
May 12th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I'm not surprised....Sprem did lose to Randriantefy and one of the main reasons was Dally's moon balls. :)

Bette_Midler
May 12th, 2004, 06:41 PM
:worship: conchita :worship:

anabel
May 12th, 2004, 06:43 PM
ole!! :D :D

¡¡vamos!!

jrm
May 12th, 2004, 06:47 PM
I have nothing against players but COULD YOU PLEASE STOP MAKING NEW THREADS FOR EVERY MATCH SPREM PLAYS. THEN ALWAYS FOLLOWS THE POLL AND WHO WILL WIN THE NEXT MATCH!!! I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH BUT PLEASE STOP IT!

THANK YOU

Principessa
May 12th, 2004, 06:54 PM
I have nothing against players but COULD YOU PLEASE STOP MAKING NEW THREADS FOR EVERY MATCH SPREM PLAYS. THEN ALWAYS FOLLOWS THE POLL AND WHO WILL WIN THE NEXT MATCH!!! I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH BUT PLEASE STOP IT!

THANK YOU

Oh puleez what's your freakin problem?? Like Sprem-fans are the only ones. I have seen tons of threads with this kind of stuff. So stop acting like a baby :rolleyes:

jrm
May 12th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Oh puleez what's your freakin problem?? Like Sprem-fans are the only ones. I have seen tons of threads with this kind of stuff. So stop acting like a baby :rolleyes:

I wouldn't expect nothing less from Sprem fan :rolleyes:

Nikola
May 12th, 2004, 06:56 PM

Principessa
May 12th, 2004, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't expect nothing less from Sprem fan :rolleyes:

Gosh you're so stupid. You were the one starting with your stupid comments! :rolleyes:

Principessa
May 12th, 2004, 06:59 PM
..and btw now all of the sudden all the Sprem-fans are evil?

jrm
May 12th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Gosh you're so stupid. You were the one starting with your stupid comments! :rolleyes:

Sorry to bust your brain but there is nothing wrong with my request to stop posting new threads for every match :rolleyes:

jrm
May 12th, 2004, 07:01 PM
I'm saying it's ANNOYING ....

Principessa
May 12th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Sorry to bust your brain but there is nothing wrong with my request to stop posting new threads for every match :rolleyes:

If it bothers you that much just stay away. And by the way there is also nothing wrong with posting new threads about your favo player. Obviously everybody does it. :rolleyes:

jrm
May 12th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I brought that same request when there were tons of JJH, KIm and Venus' threads

treufreund
May 12th, 2004, 07:06 PM
:haha: lmao @ this "debate"

Principessa
May 12th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Guess you're the only one who's having such a problem with it. But hey nobody is forcing you to view these threads so whatever :)

fammmmedspin
May 12th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Good experience for Sprem - she has now faced the two extremes of Venus and Conchita . She won't have to face Conchita much in her career but she probably will face some other players who play to outlast the opponent.

jrm
May 12th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Oh, you wouldn't believe how many are bother with this problem! I'm just the only one who brought it up!!! Again, nothing against Sprem!

Principessa
May 12th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Ok ;)

WhatTheDeuce
May 12th, 2004, 08:28 PM
K-Lina :crying2:

JenCpLvr
May 12th, 2004, 08:48 PM
It's Conchita's experience on clay. Karolina is a smart player and will prevail next time (if there is a next time)!

K-lina brush it off and show us something at Roland Garros!! :bounce:

LiliaLee-Frazier
May 12th, 2004, 09:12 PM
It's ok... great experience and now a few days to rest. :kiss:

Rtael
May 12th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Oh, you wouldn't believe how many are bother with this problem! I'm just the only one who brought it up!!! Again, nothing against Sprem!
Ok, here's a deal. When her results threads stop making 2 pages, we'll stop posting them. Until then STFU. Thanks.

Jakeev
May 12th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Damn why are you all stressed out bout the player of the week award?
:lol: Exactly. I guess TeeRex baby isn't the only one in need of a pacifier.:lol:

croat123
May 12th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Ok, here's a deal. When her results threads stop making 2 pages, we'll stop posting them. Until then STFU. Thanks.
:worship: so true!

Sonja
May 12th, 2004, 09:37 PM

THANK YOU
This IS a tennis messageboard...

Havok
May 12th, 2004, 09:39 PM
She's gotta learn how to deal with all those slices and drop shots and mon balls and catty play on the clay if she's gotta improve on it. At least it was a 3 set loss, she'll take something away from this match and got some experience;)

Rocketta
May 12th, 2004, 09:50 PM
This IS a tennis messageboard...Go figure! :scratch:

:lol:

mariok
May 12th, 2004, 11:07 PM
I expected it to be a problematic match for Karolina. Conchita is a player who survived many years on tour, especially thanks to her dynamic game, she likes to mix it up a lot... She's far from being my favourite player, but you have to respect that...
And I really think it is better Karolina lost. This will only make her work harder, knowing there are so many stiles you need to face on the court- if you can be close to Venus it doesn't mean you're as good as she is. Being among the best players means you can: a) play against different types of players, b) win even when you play a bad match (like Venus did last week against Karolina)
I'm looking forward to seeing Karolina next week, maybe even winning the title (though, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to rest till the french...).

Have fun,people! ;-)

davenport_1
May 12th, 2004, 11:17 PM
awesome win conchita!

Annika18
May 12th, 2004, 11:20 PM
I just joined, so my first post is a Conchita win! Well done Conchita! :D

TeeRexx
May 13th, 2004, 02:15 AM
This (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=624,21246650,doubleclick.net,1) win automatically makes her the player of the week. Conchi beat the person who almost beat Venus Williams. So by WTA logic, Conchi would have beaten Venus had she played her. So that makes Conchi the POW because she beat Venus Williams this week, even though Venus did not play. Whew.....This kind of logic is hard.
Brick, I am glad that you brought this fact to my attention!

Well, it looks like I owe Conchi another round of congrats, eh? :eek: :lol: