PDA

View Full Version : Venus' Injury

Freewoman33
May 12th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Here is a question for those who saw Venus' match against Elena during the NASDAQ Open, and against K-Lina last week.

I know the twist last Saturday is probably fresh in everyone's mind, but do you remember the twist during the NASDAQ? How would you compare the two. Meaning, which do you think was worse? I didn't see the NASDAQ twist and although I saw Berlin's, I have nothing to compare it with. I saw the Australian twist (poor child, she's all twisted up) but that was very minor compare to the Berlin twist.

Bottomline: If the NASDAQ twist didn't prevent her from playing two weeks later, would the Berlin twist do so? Am I making any sense?

For those who saw both matches, and remember the twists, could you give some insights?

dreamgoddess099
May 12th, 2004, 12:43 AM
The Nasdaq right ankle twist was worse, but Venus had that ankle taped when she twisted it so it didn't twist to badly. The left ankle twist she suffered at GO didn't look as severe as the Nasdaq twist, but the ankle wasn't taped like the right ankle was so it could have possibly caused more damage.

Knizzle
May 12th, 2004, 12:50 AM
The Nasdaq was NOT worse at all. That was a mild sprain. This one at Berlin was downright ugly.

Infiniti2001
May 12th, 2004, 12:55 AM
The Nasdaq was NOT worse at all. That was a mild sprain. This one at Berlin was downright ugly.

Exactly!! Did you hear that unusual squeal from her?? The horror on her face said it all.

"Topaz"
May 12th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Can't comment. Here in Canada, we didn't get to see the GO Vee-Sprem match. :mad: :( :mad:

Freewoman33
May 12th, 2004, 02:05 AM
This doesn't sound good at all, but I'm still very hopeful that it's not bad enough to keep her out of the FO.

DeDe4925
May 12th, 2004, 10:10 PM
This doesn't sound good at all, but I'm still very hopeful that it's not bad enough to keep her out of the FO.
It might. She came out on court the next day before the finals on crutches. She also said on a Eurosport interview that she doesn't know if she can play RG, but she wants to. She also said that she's never hurt her ankle this badly. So, unless she's playing oppossum, she may not play RG. :sad:

darrinbaker00
May 12th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Here is a question for those who saw Venus' match against Elena during the NASDAQ Open, and against K-Lina last week.

I know the twist last Saturday is probably fresh in everyone's mind, but do you remember the twist during the NASDAQ? How would you compare the two. Meaning, which do you think was worse? I didn't see the NASDAQ twist and although I saw Berlin's, I have nothing to compare it with. I saw the Australian twist (poor child, she's all twisted up) but that was very minor compare to the Berlin twist.

Bottomline: If the NASDAQ twist didn't prevent her from playing two weeks later, would the Berlin twist do so? Am I making any sense?

For those who saw both matches, and remember the twists, could you give some insights?
Australian Twist, NASDAQ Twist, Berlin Twist.....sounds like Venus should give up dancing and just stick to tennis. ;)

jrm
May 12th, 2004, 10:32 PM
It looked bad on Sunday!!!

Kart
May 12th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Exactly!! Did you hear that unusual squeal from her?? The horror on her face said it all.
Oh Venus :sad:. I'm glad I missed it.

croat123
May 13th, 2004, 12:25 AM
the twist in berlin seemed far worse. she was sliding out wide and just completely twisted it. she was obviously in pain, but her muscles were still warm so she could play with it...

fammmmedspin
May 13th, 2004, 01:01 AM
What was this stuff on Eurosport today (commentary on Jen;s match( about "career ending" injury? Doubt if Venus has told anyone how bad it is so where did they get the rumour from and why broadcast it unless you think its true. Very odd. Didn't sound credible.