PDA

View Full Version : Sprem quote from match with Dani

croat123
May 11th, 2004, 08:54 PM
:hearts:

"I have a lot of confidence and I believe in myself and when I going on the court, I think that I can beat anyone," Sprem said. "I think that this is the important thing."

AaronJoyB
May 11th, 2004, 08:58 PM
All my friends are amazed by K-Lina...they will support her all week long!

flyingmachine
May 11th, 2004, 09:01 PM
:hearts:

"I have a lot of confidence and I believe in myself and when I going on the court, I think that I can beat anyone," Sprem said. "I think that this is the important thing."
Great comment. :cool: :yeah:

beauty_is_pink
May 11th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Good match K... realli amazed.. congrats! :D

Eurotennisfan
May 11th, 2004, 09:02 PM
How I wish I could see this girl play!!!!!!

jenny161185
May 11th, 2004, 09:50 PM
you have to have that attitude If you want to be the best :)

Bezz
May 11th, 2004, 09:51 PM
How I wish I could see this girl play!!!!!!
Yeah me too :cool:

SelesFan70
May 11th, 2004, 09:55 PM
It's odd how some players say the same thing and they get lambasted (Williams, Williams, Hingis), but others say it and it's the next coming of Jesus Christ. I'm not bashing La Sprem...it's obvious she has talent...and as a player you HAVE to believe you are going to win each match, otherwise why bother? I just would like some clarification and different view points as to the differences. Is it that Sprem doesn't "act" like she's confident as opposed to say, Serena, who just exudes confidence just from her walk? :confused:

Dymension
May 11th, 2004, 11:38 PM
K-Lina :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

fammmmedspin
May 12th, 2004, 12:04 AM
It's odd how some players say the same thing and they get lambasted (Williams, Williams, Hingis), but others say it and it's the next coming of Jesus Christ. I'm not bashing La Sprem...it's obvious she has talent...and as a player you HAVE to believe you are going to win each match, otherwise why bother? I just would like some clarification and different view points as to the differences. Is it that Sprem doesn't "act" like she's confident as opposed to say, Serena, who just exudes confidence just from her walk? :confused:
Agree people are sometimes inconsistent but it also depends on what exactly you say and how you say it. "I believe I can beat anyone when I am playing" is a statement about how you feel about your chances and the spirit in which you enter matches - its positive but unobjectionable. " I can beat anyone" may be different - it might sound boastful. "I am unbeatable" or "No one can beat me at my best" or "I am the best" just takes the progression further.

Part of the problem is that some players do not have English as their first language and understandably get lost as many words and phrases in English can have multiple meanings. Even English speakers don't always get it right.

jacobruiz
May 12th, 2004, 12:10 AM

Note that K-lina says "I can" as opposed to "I will". This may sound like nit-picking (and I am very opposed to nit-picking every little thing a person says), but the two are not the same.

And I should say, I am just speaking up for K-lina, not saying that anyone else is arrogant.

bandabou
May 12th, 2004, 12:29 AM
That´s the way it is....some people can talk and other don´t have that right. At least both Williams backed up the confidence and the talk.

esquímaux
May 12th, 2004, 12:35 AM
It's odd how some players say the same thing and they get lambasted (Williams, Williams, Hingis)...
Alex too?

...but others say it and it's the next coming of Jesus Christ.

:spit:

decemberlove
May 12th, 2004, 12:36 AM
no wonder tennis is considered a pussy, delicate sport to the rest of the sports world . cos the fans make it that way

any other sport . and a players confidence in their game and their team is completely praised . "we WILL win" . the fans love it

here . it is constantly condemned

esquímaux
May 12th, 2004, 12:39 AM
pussy? :scratch: I'm not making the connection?

vs1
May 12th, 2004, 12:47 AM
I like it that K-Lina focuses on HERSELF and what she feels she can do, as opposed to her opponent. I think that all champions feel this way...it's THEIR game, it's THEIR abilities, it's THEIR chances.

That's what I also like about Venus, Serena, Monica...others who exude this wisdom and focus on themselves, as opposed to the external forces that they may or may not have control over.

Keep on going, K-Lina!!